Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I have three questions I'd like to discuss:

- Why is the I Rise music video not on her channel?

- Why did they upscale the TV edit for Music and not the official one that's in the music videos playlist? Why have two? 

- Why didn't Express Yourself get the HD label and thumbnail? 

1. I Rise is a music video produced by Time so they must have asked Madonna to use the song for their video but you got a good point there too.

2. Maybe they must have lost the SD master for the official music video. Hopefully, we can see it in 1080p upscale soon too.

3. They must have forgotten that they replaced it with an HD version. :ahh:

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

I think we'll agree to disagree - I think it's exceptional for basically spending zero dollars on it. Which seems to be the same amount Madonna's label is spending. Not sure if the focus thing was just from the original? Compare to the label upload below, and you'll see what I mean.

Omg this looks soooooo much better! People should just leave the SD master alone

54 minutes ago, Roy said:

2. Maybe they must have lost the SD master for the official music video. Hopefully, we can see it in 1080p upscale soon too.

there are 20 more seconds in the official video, what seconds are missing from the edit? they could take the edit and just try to HD the rest 20 seconds and replace the 29 million version on youtube

6 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

la isla bonita could possibly be the next video to be updated in HD. they said more 'true blue' suprises are coming + i've noticed they changed every video title on youtube but la isla bonita still the same, the only one that still has [Official Music Video] at the end. maybe they didn't update the title yet cuz the upscale is coming? idk. its odd, cause its her most-viewed video, there's no way they just didn't notice that the title is still the old one there 

La Isla Bonita has been upscaled already…

Edit: Nvm, I was thinking of Material Girl ?

4 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I can't understand the logic behind the videos upscale. La Isla Bonita is her most watched video and a huge classic and they go and upscale Get Together... literally one of her most forgettable videos ever...

tumblr_n44qyuMTP21ql5yr7o2_250.gifv  

Obviously it’s not a very organized process so they’re not going by the videos popularity. We got three upscales from Confessions so I assume they just came across those videos and made them…

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Obviously it’s not a very organized process so they’re not going by the videos popularity. We got three upscales from Confessions so I assume they just came across those videos and made them…

Yeah probably. The anniversary excuse seems to be the logic behind but it's still so random. Who knows, maybe they're just doing what they can with what they find in the process.

At this rate, I only pray for the original masters (480i or 576i) transferred untouching with the maximum quality to an SD-BD Disc (H264 codec) with the best audio quality (PCM). I'm tired of these blurry upscales. 

Come on, Madonna! I'm tired of waiting. Find the fucking negatives and remaster your classic videos in 4K!  

EJ69ldMWwAAdM73.jpg.daddbc0010fc683528bb8693f63776df.jpg

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

At this rate, I only pray for the original masters (480i or 576i) transferred untouching with the maximum quality to an SD-BD Disc. I'm tired of these blurry upscales. 

Come on, Madonna! I'm tired of waiting. Find the fucking negatives and remaster your videos in 4K!  

EJ69ldMWwAAdM73.jpg.daddbc0010fc683528bb8693f63776df.jpg

Ugh I’d love those masters! 

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Nah cause playlists didn’t have the power they do now in 2009. It was always gonna be an album as her contract was closing. 

Then she should have done what she done with It's So Cool (a dance remake by Paul Oakenfold) with other unreleased songs and...voilà!! A new album that closes her contract!

1. Celebration

2. Revolver (feat. Lil Wayne)

3. It's So Cool

4. Broken

5. Revenge

6. Liquid Love

7. Animal

8. Across the Sky

9. Funny Game

10. Keep the Trance

11. Triggering

12. Can't You See My Mind

6 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Then she should have done what she done with It's So Cool (a dance remake by Paul Oakenfold) with other unreleased songs and...voilà!! A new album that closes her contract!

1. Celebration

2. Revolver (feat. Lil Wayne)

3. It's So Cool

4. Broken

5. Revenge

6. Liquid Love

7. Animal

8. Across the Sky

9. Funny Game

10. Keep the Trance

11. Triggering

12. Can't You See My Mind

Really? It's a MIRACLE that she actually cared enough to record new songs

21 hours ago, deathproof said:

Sorry, but an upscale is still an upscale. And I never understood the constant use of adding in extra frames. It creates a such a weird motion effect. Plus the constant shift in focus. It’s horrible

Exactly.

I am quite happy with DVD quality of the old videos. YouTube quality on SD videos is not good so I’m glad we’re getting her videos in better quality on there. But I wouldn’t consider any of them HD.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly.

I am quite happy with DVD quality of the old videos. YouTube quality on SD videos is not good so I’m glad we’re getting her videos in better quality on there. But I wouldn’t consider any of them HD.

Her videos are in terrible shape. The only reasonable collection is 93:99. The rest is just crap. It’s all a grainy mess overlayed with severe compression artifacts and bad interlacing. The colors and contrast are completely off and they’re riddled with technical issues like fringing, burns, shaky footage and several editing glitches.
The videos as they are now are only decent on old analog TVs and no other medium…
Hopefully one day we’ll get proper film transfers with the appropriate corrections 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW