Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'd put money on this droping this friday. Just like the Like A Prayer 30th Edition. Probably gonna be the same for Like A Virgin & Madonna on their next anniversaries.

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

1. Papa Don't Preach (extended remix)
  2. Open Your Heart (extended version)
  3. White Heat
  4. Live To Tell (edit)
  5. Where's The Party (You Can Dance remix with fade)*
  6. True Blue (remix edit)
  7. La Isla Bonita (7" remix)
  8. Jimmy Jimmy
  9. Love Makes The World Go Round (live from Live Aid)*
  10. Ain't No Big Deal (B side)*

*we'll be lucky

That would suck! We need the OYH and TB dubs as well

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

That would suck! We need the OYH and TB dubs as well

And WE WILL get them. If they literally contacted Rusty Egan for his Everybody remixes and released a three-track Hanky Panky single, they will sure as hell release the other singles too. At this point, these releases are also meant to sort of increase her streams and complete her streaming catalogue.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nothing new on Qobuz NZ, so nothing new this week... another blank Madonna Friday :sad:

I don't know why some of you are so sure that we're getting everything. Things are getting worryingly slow at the moment...

Because it makes no sense to just release SOME singles and SOME videos in HD. Eventually we'll get them all.

I'm not sure if we'll get any True Blue remixes this Friday or not (who cares, they all sound the same), probably the surprises are another HD video and merch. However, eventually, we'll get remixes too

And that's what I meant.

Of course it doesn't make sense to release digitally "minor" singles like "Hanky Panky" if they're not gonna do it with the whole back catalogue. But the question is: do they make sense at all? They just seem to go with the flow without a proper reissue plan.

Maybe they're just gaining traction and things will be done properly in the future, but I don't know. Let's wait and see. :cute:

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

And WE WILL get them. If they literally contacted Rusty Egan for his Everybody remixes and released a three-track Hanky Panky single, they will sure as hell release the other singles too. At this point, these releases are also meant to sort of increase her streams and complete her streaming catalogue.

We shall see. They never released the rescue me dubs for example. Also nothing post LAP was released yet so we don’t know how they plan to handle that. They might just decide to release the Japanese EPs and a call it a day. So all the dubs and edits are just forgotten. They do have the masters for those handy since they reissued them on vinyl…

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

We shall see. They never released the rescue me dubs for example. Also nothing post LAP was released yet so we don’t know how they plan to handle that. They might just decide to release the Japanese EPs and a call it a day. So all the dubs and edits are just forgotten. They do have the masters for those handy since they reissued them on vinyl…

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

And that's what I meant.

Of course it doesn't make sense to release digitally "minor" singles like "Hanky Panky" if they're not gonna do it with the whole back catalogue. But the question is: do they make sense at all? They just seem to go with the flow without a proper reissue plan.

Maybe they're just gaining traction and things will be done properly in the future, but I don't know. Let's wait and see. :cute:

Just because it’s not obvious to us it doesn’t mean there’s no plan. It could be based on several streaming algorithms that we don’t know about. 
But then it’s Warner/Rhino so it could be totally random ?

The remixes likely stopped because they seem to be focusing on anything that was released commercially when the CD format became mainstream...hence 1989 and Like A Prayer onward. There's been nothing released this month because there are no anniversaries of anything of note remix wise post 1989 in June.

I think it's a simple as that. The 80's remixes that were already tagged on to the first 3 albums sort of render most of the other EP's a little useless for the mainstream with only a couple of glaring omissions. 

Maybe we'll get them all maybe we won't. I do hope so but it feels like they're saving them until nearer the biopic as her 80's stuff is her most well known. 

..but again were in the dark. I do think somebody in her team or at Rhino will probably see that they can't really add much to the Release Radar from 82-88 because most of the remixes of note are already on streaming...so...

We may get a similar playlist to the Like A Prayer 35 or we may get the Japan Super EP's uploaded. Which would be a bit of a shame but better than nothing. 

We already know that Everybody and Causing A Commotion are rumoured to be scheduled for release and what is odd is that these two releases literally are the first and last remixes of that 80's era. That seems odd huh?

I think the next release will be fundamental into how her 80's stuff is handed. Is the new Pat Leonard interview released the other day specifically about True Blue a hint at more than a tweet and insta post? Who knows.

I could live with the La Isla Bonita Super Mix because...Open Your Heart Remix and Gambler finally on streaming. That would be a win. We know they have the vinyl masters at least because of the record store day coloured vinyls that were released a while back.

True Blue (Super Club Mix)

• True Blue (The Color Mix)
  • Everybody (Dub Version)
  • Papa Don’t Preach (Extended Remix)
  • Everybody (Extended Version)
  • Live To Tell (Instrumental)

La Isla Bonita (Super Mix) 

• La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix)
  • Open Your Heart (Extended Version)
  • Gambler
  • Crazy For You
  • La Isla Bonita (Instrumental

On 6/30/2021 at 8:56 PM, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

They have ignored every anniversary for pre-1989 or only released the music videos (Material Girl, Papa don't preach). Maybe it's because there are that many good mixes available for those tracks. 

Who knows. They surprised us by starting to include a lot of promo only remixes so I wouldn't say it's impossible they'll do the older stuff eventually.

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

Nothing new on Qobuz NZ, so nothing new this week... another blank Madonna Friday :sad:

I don't know why some of you are so sure that we're getting everything. Things are getting worryingly slow at the moment...

I think we can assume that they are now putting out releases once a month 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Papa Don’t Preach HD Music Video OUT NOW
3 hours ago, Shoful said:

They better make the return to releases for Madonna’s best single ever! HOLLYWOOD! I’m so ready to bop my ass to all the new remixes

We already have all those though. We need the singles with mixes that were never released digitally. True Blue, OYH, I’ll Remember, Fever, Deeper, LDLHA etc

53 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

We already have all those though. We need the singles with mixes that were never released digitally. True Blue, OYH, I’ll Remember, Fever, Deeper, LDLHA etc

We just want to go down the street blasting the Hollywood Jacques Lu Cont Remix on our spotify accounts :drama:

tenor.gif

• Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW