Single reissues campaign - True Blue: 35th Anniversary Edition OUT NOW

New_Boy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Wait, so they used the Yellow CD version of Open Your Heart Extended?

WHYYYYY :suffer:

I'm not agree. I think that the version is from the japanese EP, but the problem is the compression. The song is too compressed and they killed the dynamic range. If the version is from the yellow CD, then they are changed the EQ (more treble) and removed the hiss noise.

Sadly, the Dub apparently is taken from the yellow CDs (with the EQ changed). 

Anyway something is wrong with Open Your Heart (Extended & Dub). Maybe the original masters of those remixes are in bad condition.

4 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Yeah, but I kind of don't want to force anyone... If this thread is still unnoticable after a year, I guess it's better to let them do their thing. 

To be honest I don't like to chat on multiple threads about similar topics, cause anyway, we're discussing about the remixes/versions, videos & technical stuff.

Edited by Haralampos

3 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Not for me, I like to tag my files how they are officially named.

Me too but I always add comments on my iTunes library, for example the instrumental of True Blue is actually a dub mix so I add this on the comment line on the info.

Edited by Haralampos

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

The Japanese EP version is right there! And so much better. I blame the Remixology thread for this 😄

I can guess the probable source of the True Blue instrumental - the vinyl rip from "Burning the Ground"

They have never released vinyl rips so far, I'm sure they have sourced the original 12'' masters and that's why we are missing OYH and LIB single mixes. Someone said they were new transfers, they don't sound bad to me.

The chopped intros are annoying though, can't see why this is happening.

It’s happening because Warner has been an utter shit show quality control wise for well over a decade now. No wonder she wanted to leave them. If this is their way of showing her what they can do and enticing her back I’d rather she didn’t bother. 
I’m glad we have this stuff on streaming but it beggars belief how badly things are done. Brazilian twinks found unbothered. 

16 minutes ago, frozen78 said:

The vocals on TB [Remix/Edit] are pitched higher than the vocals on the album version, which could be a clue to where it might come from (vinyl) (?)

It's a remix, so the speed can be really different. Open Your Heart (Remix & Extended) at the correct speed is almost 1.5% slower than the album version.  I can't hear differences in the speed between TB [Remix/Edit] available on CD since 1987 and the 35th anniversary version. In fact, the sound quality is better than my CD version (my version has too much treble and low bass).

I agree with what others have found: the Open Your Heart dub is from the yellow CD.  I got them in exact sync in an audio editor, one in the left ear headphone and one in the right, and not only do they run at the exact same speed, never getting out of phase at any point, they  also fade out at the exact same rate and end at the exact same point.  The yellow CD is definitely the source of the Open Your Heart dub.

I do not agree with one person's speculation that the True Blue 12" instrumental is taken from vinyl. Crank that volume way up at the end, with headphones on. No turntable rumble, no crackles, only clean tape his.  It certainly sounds like a tape source to me.  I wish they hadn't pumped the volume up so much and put limiting on it, but it's actually one of the lesser offenders on the album in that regard.

1 hour ago, superbu said:

I agree with what others have found: the Open Your Heart dub is from the yellow CD.  I got them in exact sync in an audio editor, one in the left ear headphone and one in the right, and not only do they run at the exact same speed, never getting out of phase at any point, they  also fade out at the exact same rate and end at the exact same point.  The yellow CD is definitely the source of the Open Your Heart dub.

I do not agree with one person's speculation that the True Blue 12" instrumental is taken from vinyl. Crank that volume way up at the end, with headphones on. No turntable rumble, no crackles, only clean tape his.  It certainly sounds like a tape source to me.  I wish they hadn't pumped the volume up so much and put limiting on it, but it's actually one of the lesser offenders on the album in that regard.

Thanks - I was only curious about this track seeing as it’s never been available on a digital format only vinyl and the maxi cassette which I bought years ago - I wonder if it’s sourced from the cassette after reading your comments ?

7 hours ago, superbu said:

Many people thinks that the yellow CD are really bad. Well, that is not true. Only a couple of yellow CDs have bad quality. The rest have an OK sound quality, but far for example from the japanese CDs quality (and that is the reason why many people thinks that all the yellow CD have a bad sound).

I've said this because I think that "Open Your Heart (Dub)" is not the only track taken from the yellow CDs. I think that "Live To Tell (Instrumental)" and "La Isla Bonita (Extended & Extended Instrumental) are also tracks from the yellow CDs. The versions from the japanese CD sounds better.

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I wonder if it’s sourced from the cassette after reading your comments ?

Absolutely not. When I was talking about tape hiss, you can only hear it at the end if you crank the volume up by about 10 decibels, wearing headphones.  You can hear tape hiss on all analog recordings if you turn the volume up enough.  A cassette source would have much, much more tape hiss than that.