Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

25 minutes ago, Vasili said:

I guess you're right, but I'm starting to think that M herself is quite out of touch with this stuff because this is SO LAME.

HD (not 4K) music videos is a given nowadays, major anniversary or not, and her singles/EPs are released so sporadically.

She's probably saving the juicy stuff for posthumous releases, as an ongoing revenue stream for her children.

To a certain extent - but Kylie is also doing it, the Impossible Princess anniversary she update the HD vids - and the album was released on different colored formats -but no additional content :/

4 hours ago, Vasili said:

I guess you're right, but I'm starting to think that M herself is quite out of touch with this stuff because this is SO LAME.

HD (not 4K) music videos is a given nowadays, major anniversary or not, and her singles/EPs are released so sporadically.

She's probably saving the juicy stuff for posthumous releases, as an ongoing revenue stream for her children.

Like someone said before, this campaign is just to get her past catalogue on streaming and her videos to HD. This isn’t the same as the upcoming box sets/expanded albums. I think this confused a few people cuz it was on an anniversary, and we got multiple things at once, but this is just the same old Reissue Campaign. 

On 10/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, clkelley39 said:

This isn't exclusive to Madonna. I'm also a big Queen fan and they've made lots of questionable choices over the years. I think record companies intervene a lot because they're convinced they have great ideas about how to make more money. 

Reissues are marketing and sales, nothing creative, so they are decided by the record company. Warner is busy with Red Hot Chilly Peppers right now, they have a new album and they're on tour.

Even if Madonna is a powerful artist and businesswoman, nothing will happen if the record company doesn't believe in pushing things on the market for the sake of sticking to the date. All she can do is add merch to her website. 

The boxsets are part or a larger strategy. Anniversaries are important for fans, but seriously, outside of this forum, what difference does it make ? The Erotica picture disc is already a big nod to fans, given the story behind it.

She posted nice messages about Dita on her social media, what did you expect ?

25 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Discogs discogs discogs... is a marketplace, not an official and professionally reviewed database.

Having played both tracks (Murk Boys Miami Mix and Dub) along the decades myself, I can assure you they are identical with only difference of 2 seconds of silence. 
:Madonna005:

55 minutes ago, rgdlee said:

Having played both tracks (Murk Boys Miami Mix and Dub) along the decades myself, I can assure you they are identical with only difference of 2 seconds of silence. 
:Madonna005:

Absolutely. Don't know what my CD player made me believe yesterday, I always knew that these 2 are the same. Got confused with the other Murk Boys prod on the BG maxi. 

On 10/21/2022 at 6:33 PM, Alibaba said:

This place is nuts! Is there a “collective of misery” intake in session? It’s baffling how much unhappiness is expressed over minutiae. Are the complainers unhappy about their lives and the world in general, or is it just in matters related to Madonna? I’m genuinely curious.

Yes we are miserable. Deal with it.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:43 PM, deathproof said:

I hate to be a moaner and complainer…

but this laughable

they took an image, captured and edited by a FAN, off the internet, for this banner!

do they not have access to the original photograph?!?

you can still see the reflection of the Mylar in the bottom of the image. The fan didn’t even fully desaturate the yellow reflection out lol

I remember that you made a really nice edit of this image a while ago. They should have used that instead. I’m using it for my fanmade Erotica album cover.

On 10/20/2022 at 3:43 PM, deathproof said:

but this laughable

they took an image, captured and edited by a FAN, off the internet, for this banner!

you can still see the reflection of the Mylar in the bottom of the image. The fan didn’t even fully desaturate the yellow reflection out lol

Haha no they probably don’t 😂

On 10/20/2022 at 9:43 PM, deathproof said:

but this laughable

Ah ah ah you’re totally right @deathproof at the time I did not have desaturate the yellow reflection (and maybe you can see me on it lol) it was 10 or 15 years ago, and I wasn’t a photoshop expert (I’m still not). 
they use it since the 25th anniversary, but never credited me. Honestly I don’t care. It was fun to make. 
and if you want a better version, on the cover of a magazine made a wonderful scan from Sex. Way much better than mine. 

15 minutes ago, larenaldise said:

Ah ah ah you’re totally right @deathproof at the time I did not have desaturate the yellow reflection (and maybe you can see me on it lol) it was 10 or 15 years ago, and I wasn’t a photoshop expert (I’m still not). 
they use it since the 25th anniversary, but never credited me. Honestly I don’t care. It was fun to make. 
and if you want a better version, on the cover of a magazine made a wonderful scan from Sex. Way much better than mine. 

Oh hun, in no way was I criticizing you and your work, just the fact that her team sourced a fan scan from the internet. Your scan was the only uncropped version we ever had, and made many of fans happy with their artworks through the years

17 hours ago, Jackie said:

To a certain extent - but Kylie is also doing it, the Impossible Princess anniversary she update the HD vids - and the album was released on different colored formats -but no additional content :/

For Impossible Princess, I assumed they didn't do additional content because that was already done in 2003. 

On 10/21/2022 at 2:28 AM, rgdlee said:

I guess he meant there’s no un-released material for this Bad Girl/Fever digital single.

In addition to Fever remixes, Bad Girl (Edit) & Extended Version are both being released digitally for the first time, too.

I think there's some disconnect over use of the word "digital" here. Seems some people it to mean streaming, whereas some are using it to mean non-analog, as in, non-tape or non-vinyl.

CDs are digital. Spotify is streaming. Well, digital steaming, which is probably a source of some of the confusion.

5 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

For Impossible Princess, I assumed they didn't do additional content because that was already done in 2003. 

That re-release was put together by Kylie’s former label at the time. I assume she had to approve it I don’t believe she was involved in its release. Same with the amazing PWL rereleases of her first 4 albums.

Kylie now owns the rights to Impossible Princess so the lack of extras is very much her choice I think. A fan actually hunted down the original artwork from the original photographer when they heard about this release because they knew the label would have been using the same bad scan they used previously. And turns out they were correct and it was fixed. It’s definitely a project with minimal effort. But it is cool that at least Kylie is promoting it and they are doing some cool merch. I wouldn’t say it’s anymore effort than this Erotica one, only that the album was not available on vinyl at all previously so that’s what is exciting about it.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

That re-release was put together by Kylie’s former label at the time. I assume she had to approve it I don’t believe she was involved in its release. Same with the amazing PWL rereleases of her first 4 albums.

Kylie now owns the rights to Impossible Princess so the lack of extras is very much her choice I think. A fan actually hunted down the original artwork from the original photographer when they heard about this release because they knew the label would have been using the same bad scan they used previously.

Yea, I guess my point is that others are celebrating anniversary and aren't doing that much either - Kylie hasn't released any of the IP singles onto streaming services - 

Another, Dannii Girl - released for it's 25th on recycled vinyl - but no extra tracks, nothing unreleased :/ and no Girl era singles on streaming services.

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

Yea, I guess my point is that others are celebrating anniversary and aren't doing that much either - Kylie hasn't released any of the IP singles onto streaming services - 

Another, Dannii Girl - released for it's 25th on recycled vinyl - but no extra tracks, nothing unreleased :/ and no Girl era singles on streaming services.

True. Look at Christina Aguilera or even Mariah.

What it comes down to though is that her team are not delivering what was promised. I guess we will just have to get over it.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

True. Look at Christina Aguilera or even Mariah.

What it comes down to though is that her team are not delivering what was promised. I guess we will just have to get over it.

Yep totally! And celebrate what we are getting - i.e. the Erotica PD - more singles on streaming services! 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW