Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

35 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The radio remix of Rain might just be the limpest things she’s ever done. The power of the original makes it such a stark contrast. 
the remix is painful. 

I’ve never liked it. And through the yrs was always shocked to hear how many people liked it, but also that it got a lot of airplay over the album mix. I can’t believe they used it for the tour. Big mistake. BIG.

Just now, deathproof said:

I’ve never liked it. And through the yrs was always shocked to hear how many people liked it, but also that it got a lot of airplay over the album mix. I can’t believe they used it for the tour. Big mistake. BIG.

Elements of it are mixed in with the album version. It's a perfect combination on tour. :D

I’d also add that power behind the music on the album version allows Madonnas vocal to be more vulnerable and restrained. Whereas the remix almost wills her vocals to be more powerful … which they aren’t so even musically it doesn’t work as a performance piece. The remix puts pressure on her vocal and exposes it to its detriment. A remix should enhance the song and not make the elements of it weaker.  

It actually sounds like a rough demo version of the album. No speaky bit either which is a crime and that ending with the different words. Bring the rain not call me name. None of it makes any sense at all to me. 
I forgot just how bad it really was. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The radio remix of Rain was Madonna’s first public apology. And for that I cannot forgive it. 
insipid and sachrine.

wet… if you will. 

It literally made me keep my window closed to Cathy. Let the bitch freeze on a heath … or a cliff. 

RAIIIIIINNNNN...

Happy Brendon Urie GIF by Panic! At The Disco

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I’d also add that power behind the music on the album version allows Madonnas vocal to be more vulnerable and restrained. Whereas the remix almost wills her vocals to be more powerful … which they aren’t so even musically it doesn’t work as a performance piece. The remix puts pressure on her vocal and exposes it to its detriment. A remix should enhance the song and not make the elements of it weaker.  

It actually sounds like a rough demo version of the album. No speaky bit either which is a crime and that ending with the different words. Bring the rain not call me name. None of it makes any sense at all to me. 
I forgot just how bad it really was. 

I think the rain remix edit was designed specifically to be radio friendly and translate better on a lower quality stereo. It simplifies the production and adds some gimmicks. Also there is the spoken part but just the main one.

It doesn’t have the drama of the original but I think it’s a great remix for what it is

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

yes here in Philippines it's the remix frequently played.... may be the sophisticated instrumentation is not radio worthy ? also Erotica is also seldom played circa 1993

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW