Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

29 minutes ago, Roy said:

Wait, is Sorry actually filmed in 16:9 or 4:3? o.o

It was 4:3 but the 16:9 version is cropped right?

The original version showed on TV, at least here in Spain, was definitely 4:3. That 4:3 not cropped version is also available now on Apple Music/iTunes:

https://music.apple.com/es/music-video/sorry/276689105

Edit: Wait, comparing them both the 16:9 version is cropped above and below but has more info left and right, while the 4:3 version is the other way around. What the f**k did they do with the format on this video?

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Edit: Wait, comparing them both the 16:9 version is cropped above and below but has more info left and right, while the 4:3 version is the other way around. What the f**k did they do with the format on this video?

That is my point. The HD 16:9 version was not cropped from the 4:3 version. Maybe they filmed an "Open Matte" version and after that they made two versions (4:3 and 16:9).

terminator2_super_35_exampl.jpg?resize=5

Open_matte_film_illustration.jpg

so not exactly Madonna release but  its related

Maluma is released all his albums on vinyl

11:11 YELLOW VINYL 2LP / out of stock now/

so u can have now Soltera feat. Madonna on vinyl :08:

Y4LPML08-03.jpg

https://www.shopmaluma-es.com/product/Y4LPML08S/maluma-1111-yellow-vinyl-2lp?cp=105603_111283

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

HD upscales from a SD ProRes master can be amazing. "Fever" is quite good and check this one from Gwen Stefani (not official of course):

The quality. The details. The video. Amazing.

Ugh, this is a masterpiece. One of Gwen's best. The intro alone. 

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

That is my point. The HD 16:9 version was not cropped from the 4:3 version. Maybe they filmed an "Open Matte" version and after that they made two versions (4:3 and 16:9).

terminator2_super_35_exampl.jpg?resize=5

Open_matte_film_illustration.jpg

Why do you say it’s not cropped? The 16:9 version is missing the top and bottom of the 4:3.

If it was widescreen the 4:3 would be missing the sides 

I cannot believe we will finally get to hear the extended mix of Gambler from digital source! I have hope for the remix of Open Your Heart too now. I can't imagine them skipping any of the True Blue singles but they were pretty smart when they didn't put all the 7" versions on that anniversary edition of True Blue. Imo they shouldn't have released those anniversary editions at all but here we are. Hopefully, they'll start fixing all the incorrect, mislabeled and mixed up versions on the regular albums too!

4 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I cannot believe we will finally get to hear the extended mix of Gambler from digital source! I have hope for the remix of Open Your Heart too now. I can't imagine them skipping any of the True Blue singles but they were pretty smart when they didn't put all the 7" versions on that anniversary edition of True Blue. Imo they shouldn't have released those anniversary editions at all but here we are. Hopefully, they'll start fixing all the incorrect, mislabeled and mixed up versions on the regular albums too!

In what context would we get the OYH remix edit? I doubt they’ll release the True Blue singles individually 

37 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why do you say it’s not cropped? The 16:9 version is missing the top and bottom of the 4:3.

If it was widescreen the 4:3 would be missing the sides 

I've said is not cropped from the 4:3 version because it has more image left and right. The original aspect ratio could be for example 1:66. In 4:3 you loose right and left information, and in 16:9 you loose top and botton information.

PsychoComparison1.jpg

PsychoComparison3.jpg

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

In what context would we get the OYH remix edit? I doubt they’ll release the True Blue singles individually 

Why wouldn’t they release them individually?

They released the Everybody 7" single, they also released the Express Yourself single. We don’t know what else they might put on the re-issues of singles without a lot of versions. It makes no sense to not release them if random other singles from the 80s are getting releases. They are not really losing any money through multiple or duplicate versions. Instead, they are generating more streams for her.

Other artists have released EP compilations of already available songs just to push their streams. There is no reason why they wouldn’t or shouldn’t release the 7" or 12" versions of her 80s singles.

11 hours ago, Askeroff said:

so not exactly Madonna release but  its related

Maluma is released all his albums on vinyl

11:11 YELLOW VINYL 2LP / out of stock now/

so u can have now Soltera feat. Madonna on vinyl :08:

Y4LPML08-03.jpg

https://www.shopmaluma-es.com/product/Y4LPML08S/maluma-1111-yellow-vinyl-2lp?cp=105603_111283

You won't drink me like wine Maluma!!!

13 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I've said is not cropped from the 4:3 version because it has more image left and right. The original aspect ratio could be for example 1:66. In 4:3 you loose right and left information, and in 16:9 you loose top and botton information.

PsychoComparison1.jpg

PsychoComparison3.jpg

And the widescreen version you’re referring to is the one from the official YouTube channel?

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

And the widescreen version you’re referring to is the one from the official YouTube channel?

No. I was referring to a HD version aired in 2006 (probably later). It was a TV-RIP/SAT-RIP from a music channel, available in different sites to download years ago (with logos, etc).

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW