Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

20 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think people did that. But he posted that info with no context and when several people asked where the info is coming from he didn’t respond. So everyone took it with a grain of salt 

There are snide remarks literally on this same page :OML:

And this is how we drive actual insiders away from the site… People who have actual industry insiders are not going to risk revealing and jeopardizing that relationship. It’s a Madonna rumor it really isn’t that serious. If the statement becomes true then we can choose to trust their insider, if not then we can’t. No need to make rude remarks towards anyone

24 minutes ago, deathproof said:

:tap tap: is this thing on? 🎤

*screams into the mic*
IT’S OUR GYPSY BLOOD. WE LIVE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH, WAITING TO MOVE ON. AND IN THE END WE ACCEPT IT. WE SHAKE HANDS WITH OUR FATE AND WE WALK PAST. THERE’S NO REST FOR US IN THIS WORLD

FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE

madonna 2019 bbmas GIF by Billboard Music Awards

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

My only questioning with Gambler is why the fuck now? It's nothing to do with You Can Dance 35 or Erotica 30 or even anything to do with a debut special edition. It's hella Random but i'll take it.

For the same reason they released the other soundtrack singles. Gambler is not included on any release aside from the Vision Quest OST (which is out of print and not on streaming). Aside from that, the anniversary of Gambler was in October but they focused on the Erotica era singles first. Now that they are done with those, they will continue with singles that are not affiliated with any album. I’m hoping I'll Remember is next!

36 minutes ago, MPowered said:

For the same reason they released the other soundtrack singles. Gambler is not included on any release aside from the Vision Quest OST (which is out of print and not on streaming). Aside from that, the anniversary of Gambler was in October but they focused on the Erotica era singles first. Now that they are done with those, they will continue with singles that are not affiliated with any album. I’m hoping I'll Remember is next!

Yeah maybe

18 minutes ago, steady75 said:

In my many years of forums insiders usually just drop in dump info and leave. I wouldn’t say they are regular posters 

Yes and many many more fake insiders drop in dump info and leave. So it is very fair to be skeptical and I think people who share info (if it is real) should accept that.

And it was @PaperFaces who first posted about You Can Dance edits. Then Madonna Australia shared the date on their Twitter.

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

For real, whether the insiders are telling the truth or not, I don't get all my hopes up. Remember the infamous "Danceteria" breakdown?

Yeah... let's not go back in there. :wide-eyes:

In fairness, it was Warners who purposely misled people with the fake Danceteria release. Even Tower Records in Dublin are still using the below fake Black Friday release info on their site.

"Limited edition 12" vinyl reissue to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Lisa's debut single, originally released in October 1982. Features brand new sleeve artwork, exclusive to this anniversary release. Both tracks are newly remastered.

Tracklist: Side A: Danceteria (12" Version - 2022 Remaster) - 5:56 Side B: Danceteria (Dub Version - 2022 Remaster) - 9:23"

https://www.towerrecords.ie/product/MADONNA_EVERYBODY12"[BLACKFRIDAY2022]/913011

6 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

In fairness, it was Warners who purposely misled people with the fake Danceteria release. Even Tower Records in Dublin are still using the below fake Black Friday release info on their site.

"Limited edition 12" vinyl reissue to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Lisa's debut single, originally released in October 1982. Features brand new sleeve artwork, exclusive to this anniversary release. Both tracks are newly remastered.

Tracklist: Side A: Danceteria (12" Version - 2022 Remaster) - 5:56 Side B: Danceteria (Dub Version - 2022 Remaster) - 9:23"

https://www.towerrecords.ie/product/MADONNA_EVERYBODY12"[BLACKFRIDAY2022]/913011

Should have known better. Plus, it's no surprise that the lengths of the tracks match well with the original version of Everybody and the dub version. 

Oh well...

Gambler would be so random. Crazy For You is not even available as a single when it's more popular.

BUT i can see them releasing the Vision Quest OST...someday. 

Rhino posted Gambler on Twitter a while back saying something like "yes, we've heard you".

So yeah, i'm not helping here, i know.

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

When a forum member with only 20 posts shares info with no source then disappears, leaving everyone wondering then it does not even happen what else can we assume? And now some of you are saying we are “being negative” and “scaring insiders away” for questioning that. Really?

Instead of being bitter to someone who’s been sharing info and helping fans for more years than anyone can remember, why not do your own research. You can check information for yourself. For example, we know the barcode for Bye Bye Baby. So do a search on it. You’ll see that the barcode is officially registered to Rhino. So it’s safe to say that release is 100% planned. But it’s not announced, so who knows if it will actually happen until it does. But it’s a strong possibility. Would you rather wait until things are officially announced, ie when they drop with no warning on iTunes? Or would you rather enjoy the excitement of having a hint of what is being planned and talked about? 

Edited by planetbenjamin (see edit history)

All this drama about digital releases ? Come on guys it’s not like we don’t have this music already on our laptops or other storage - are you people saying that you don’t have gambler or bye bye baby anywhere ? What sort of fans are you ? The only plus here would be to get the extended version in digital form as we the other versions already - as for crazy for you it’s on something to remember as digital so don’t get the bitching about that …

48 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

All this drama about digital releases ? Come on guys it’s not like we don’t have this music already on our laptops or other storage - are you people saying that you don’t have gambler or bye bye baby anywhere ? What sort of fans are you ? The only plus here would be to get the extended version in digital form as we the other versions already - as for crazy for you it’s on something to remember as digital so don’t get the bitching about that …

As much as we like having them in our storage, it's nice that they would also have it on streaming too because we want them to be openly available for everyone, especially to the bigger market. :D

Crazy for You on STR is the Q-sound mix so it's not the original album version.

4 hours ago, planetbenjamin said:

Instead of being bitter to someone who’s been sharing info and helping fans for more years than anyone can remember, why not do your own research. You can check information for yourself. For example, we know the barcode for Bye Bye Baby. So do a search on it. You’ll see that the barcode is officially registered to Rhino. So it’s safe to say that release is 100% planned. But it’s not announced, so who knows if it will actually happen until it does. But it’s a strong possibility. Would you rather wait until things are officially announced, ie when they drop with no warning on iTunes? Or would you rather enjoy the excitement of having a hint of what is being planned and talked about? 

I like facts. If that means waiting yes it’s preferable. Sadly people run with rumours so quickly they get shared around as if they are factual eg, todays “tour announcement.”

As someone who’s been reading crap for almost 20 years on Madonna forums yes I am bitter at Madonna fans 😂

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

As much as we like having them in our storage, it's nice that they would also have it on streaming too because we want them to be openly available for everyone, especially to the bigger market. :D

Crazy for You on STR is the Q-sound mix so it's not the original album version.

Is it?

It’s the length of the original….

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Is it?

It’s the length of the original….

The full length original is 4:12. The original 7" edit (also used in the video) is 3:54. The 1995 Remastered version from STR is an attempt to reconstruct the 7" edit but it's a bit longer (4:04). 

The version they included on STR (streaming version) is the Q-Sound Mix from TIC.

1. Album Version (4:12) 
  2. Edit (3:54) / Video Version (3:54) 
  3. 1990 Q-Sound Mix/Remix/Edit Version (3:45)
  4. 1995 Remastered Version (from Something To Remember) (4:04)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW