Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Where's The Party? said:

Glad to see love for The Girlie Show a few pages back. It's one of her best and most underrated tours.

The Justify My Love performance is arguably the most theatrical performance she and any other pop girl has/have ever done.

I loved an unrepentant Madonna.  She was such a effing badass in 90-93.  I love Dita something fierce!

The Girlie Show is great if we‘re looking at the theatrics, the vocals & the band. However, there are some odd (and too few songs) on the setlist. Had she shortened some of the performances (4 minutes instead of 8 minutes), we could have gotten Rescue Me, Bad Girl, Words, Thief of Hearts and maybe True Blue and Who's That Girl instead of I‘m Going Bananas.

Forgive me but listening now to all the "Bye Bye Baby" remixes...

80S Eye Roll GIF

Didn't remember them at all and now I see why. :angel:

But happy to have now the whole "Erotica" singles collection on streaming. It just feels RIGHT.

Now only the "Erotica" instrumentals and dubs + "Goodbye To Innocence" left...

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

80S Eye Roll GIF

But happy to have now the whole "Erotica" singles collection on streaming. It just feels RIGHT.

I've given them all a few spins as well. Gonna take the short 'house mix' and be on my way... fits nicely after Up Down Suite on my remix playlist. I'll hold out for the Daniel Abrahams mix showing up somewhere down the line (assuming that's the version they used for the MTV awards performance...which I digged?)...

Also, this does feel complete... at last! Another full pre-2005 singles era on streaming.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

So… we’re just missing the 80’s, STR-Evita-Ray of Light eras, Hung Up (at least on Apple Music), TUTBMP, I’ll Remember, and American Life Era? 

We have Hung Up on Apple in Australia - but it's split over a number of 'singles' and not the full remixes - it would be great if they consolidated into one EP with all the other mixes and full length ones!

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

I actually think the only good mixes for Erotica era are Erotica Deeper and Deeper and fever edit one + Peggy’s mix. Bin the Rain, Bye Bye Baby and other Fever Mixes. 

Bin the Rain, Bye Bye Baby and other Fever Mixes. 

FatRequiredGermanpinscher-size_restricte

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

80S Eye Roll GIF

There are a few Fever & Deeper and Deeper mixes missing as well along with the two edits of the x-rated version of Erotica, called "Erotic".

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

Even though I rated the Fever (Radio Mix) on @Curtains' FEL Megarate very low, even I don't wish it the worst at all. There's room for the remixes to exist in this world. :D

It's funny. The first time when I played Fever (Radio Edit Remix) in 1993, I thought it was AWFUL. Really Awful. But as a single/maxi-single collector (I mean, as a remixes collector) I wanted all of them from a digital transfer, so I always tried to get the best copy of the "Radio Edit Remix" from my vinyls. For that reason I played the "Radio Edit Remix" on repeat for years (searching the best quality). And then, one day, the miracle happened. I finished loving the fucking "Radio Edit Remix". 

But this is my story with a lot of remixes (even album versions). I hate them at first but after playing them on repeat I finish loving them. 

13 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's funny. The first time when I played Fever (Radio Edit Remix) in 1993, I thought it was AWFUL. Really Awful. But as a single/maxi-single collector (I mean, as a remixes collector) I wanted all of them from a digital transfer, so I always tried to get the best copy of the "Radio Edit Remix" from my vinyls. For that reason I played the "Radio Edit Remix" on repeat for years (searching the best quality). And then, one day, the miracle happened. I finished loving the fucking "Radio Edit Remix". 

But this is my story with a lot of remixes (even album versions). I hate them at first but after playing them on repeat I finish loving them. 

I guess I don't like it because it's clonky and messy with the instrumental having a different pitch to the acapella but if it is fixed, then I would live for it.

You know what? Lemme try something. :jamming:

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Has anyone actually taken the time to tell us what the differences between the hip-hop mixes of Bye Bye Baby are? 😅 That would actually be really nice.

Madonna Gets Hardcore - Main Mix. 
NY , California and Tallahassee are all the same edit of the Main mix (the spoken intro section was removed) with different elements added and removed in the instrumental. Also she says at the end You’ll never see me cry which is not present in the main mix, while in Tallahassee they remove the you F*** it up vocal at the end

For the house mixes Madonnas Night On the Club is the main mix and the House mix is the edit of it while the Dub is of course the Dub.

Something interesting to me that I noticed listening to the remixes on the subway into work this morning is that the mixes have America themed names (California, NY, Tallahassee), the NY Hip Hop remix begins with America The Beautiful "oh say can you see" riff and then Madonna's Night On The Club ends with this organ swell "and the home of the brave". Its weird that this ending is on the housey mix, IMO it should be at the end of NY. Maybe they are meant to be listened to together with one beginning and one ending.

My fave version is California Hip Hop, love the extra synths it makes the song more melodic. 

39 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Madonna Gets Hardcore - Main Mix. 
NY , California and Tallahassee are all the same edit of the Main mix (the spoken intro section was removed) with different elements added and removed in the instrumental. Also she says at the end You’ll never see me cry which is not present in the main mix, while in Tallahassee they remove the you F*** it up vocal at the end

For the house mixes Madonnas Night On the Club is the main mix and the House mix is the edit of it while the Dub is of course the Dub.

THANK U SO MUCH.. my ears are bleeding to decipher

Streaming Bye Bye Baby now. The mixes are fun.  Tge song never was promoted in the US so these mixes feel like sonething new (I know that they are not).  I really enjoy Madonna remixes from Madonna: The First Album to Music the best.  Remixes, industry wide, have been over produced ever since.  Both the artist and intent of the song get lost in the over-production.  Yeah, there are a few exceptions but in general, it is true.  Bye Bye Baby remixes seem true to the original.  LUV it.  ❤️ 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW