Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

12 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I am certain that I have heard a version where she repeatedly says.... "You fucked it up". It is during the remix rather than the end.  Anyone know fir sure?

I think is the 'Rick Does Madonna's Dub'.

Listen around 2:01 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ploJiF4Vhao

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Jokes apart, NY / California and Florida hip hop always have had their specificities and the BBB remixes play around those. NY beat is a little harder and the remix incorporates a piano gimmick throughout reminding Wu Tang clan style, ending with a big fat old school breakbeat. The California remix is smoother, somehow closer to the album version with the synth layer and wobbly sfx, and brings the piano gimmick on the break at the end only. Hardcore version is rougher than NY with almost only beats and bass. Tallahassee is somewhere between NY and California (not geographically though 🫠) but I never heard anything "pop" in it (unless "pop" has a different meaning among producers in Florida). All those remix titles might be insiders jokes. Maybe the label was also testing some proto-geolocation of airplay by referring to designated US areas/states.

It's all quite subtle and redundant. I always wondered what M's intention was on this maxi but I doubt she a lot of input as she was probably very busy with TGS rehearsals and promo. Some label guy got a kick out of it at a time when maxi singles were always filled with a lot of (almost) identical remixes made by a couple of producers with a hit or two, trying to bend and break Billboards genre charts. 

I always found it interesting they included the hip hip mixes given they were never released in the USA and the markets that got the single, Australia, Japan and Germany did not have a lot of that genre at the time. Here in Australia, the house mixes were played at the clubs and the Madonna's Night on the Club mix was the only M track played at the Warner Music Australia party she attended in Sydney.  I'm thinking it was remixed as a potential single for the USA but then never released and when Warner needed a 6th single for Australia and another for Japan,  the remixes were done so they rush released it etc 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I always found it interesting they included the hip hip mixes given they were never released in the USA and the markets that got the single, Australia, Japan and Germany did not have a lot of that genre at the time. Here in Australia, the house mixes were played at the clubs and the Madonna's Night on the Club mix was the only M track played at the Warner Music Australia party she attended in Sydney.  I'm thinking it was remixed as a potential single for the USA but then never released and when Warner needed a 6th single for Australia and another for Japan,  the remixes were done so they rush released it etc 

I was thinking the exact same thing …. It had to be planned as a single in the U.S. and was canceled why else would they be named US cities and aim tnem for the sound …..  must have canceled the single and moved on with the girlie show … guess we’ll never know 

anyways the New York Hip Hop mix is the only mix I’ll play!!!! It is the master mix - Madonna always been getting her hip hop on which I’ve always found odd that ppl hate when she does it but she’s ALWAYS dabbled.  I love everything Madonna and hip hop and wish Waiting had the single treatment but it was a B side :)

anyways this 12 inch is one of my most sought after if anyone has an extra send it my way ! DM ME

14 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

I was thinking the exact same thing …. It had to be planned as a single in the U.S. and was canceled why else would they be named US cities and aim tnem for the sound …..  must have canceled the single and moved on with the girlie show … guess we’ll never know 

anyways the New York Hip Hop mix is the only mix I’ll play!!!! It is the master mix - Madonna always been getting her hip hop on which I’ve always found odd that ppl hate when she does it but she’s ALWAYS dabbled.  I love everything Madonna and hip hop and wish Waiting had the single treatment but it was a B side :)

anyways this 12 inch is one of my most sought after if anyone has an extra send it my way ! DM ME

Warner might have been planning to release it at one point, maybe to tie in with the MTV awards. However, when Juliet Hohnen interviewed her in Paris a few weeks later she asked her if she had planned to release it as the next single and M said no. Who knows, maybe radio didn't like any of the mixes and they decided not to bother or something...

3 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

Oh yes - here's my Bye Bye Baby collection - think I have almost everything 

I always felt this didn’t need a single release - I listened to all the remixes again last night and was struck at how similar they all sounded - I really hope we get the Daniel Abrahams unreleased mix one day … what’s next on the digital platform release that M is working so tirelessly hard on ??

Having Gambler after such a long time on streaming will be a great thing. It's a nice song that's often forgotten. :)

As for the Bye Bye Baby remixes, I'm also curious to hear the Daniel Abraham Mix one day. As of now the House Mix is my favorite otherwise, the Vogue reference in the middle is a nice touch. :Madonna057:

13 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I remember someone asked for it as the request song at one of the S&S shows and she told them to fuck off

She basically told everyone to fuck off who didn’t request Express Yourself, Like a Virgin, Holiday or something along these lines.

”Oh no that’s too slow!”

”I don’t remember the words of that one”

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

She basically told everyone to fuck off who didn’t request Express Yourself, Like a Virgin, Holiday or something along these lines.

”Oh no that’s too slow!”

”I don’t remember the words of that one”

Did anyone request sidewalk talk or can’t stop ? 😂

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW