Why her team won't update Like a Prayer?

Régine Filange

Why they skip Like a Prayer music video upscale? They did it in March when they added the remixes to streaming platforms, and they're doing it now again default_um4.gif Like they RAN to update videos like Jump or WIFLFAG but not Like a Prayer? default_um4.gif They also skipped Sorry. default_um4.gif

The problem is: Like A Prayer is not easy tp upscale. The "jail" scenes, for instance, don't look great.

Getting a VOB file to upscale would result in a lot of complaining.

I don't believe they are using masters to upscale.

Perhaps if they could locate a real master it'd be amazing. But upscaling LAP without a real great source it's not a great idea.

13 hours ago, amscity said:

The problem is: Like A Prayer is not easy tp upscale. The "jail" scenes, for instance, don't look great.

Getting a VOB file to upscale would result in a lot of complaining.

I don't believe they are using masters to upscale.

Perhaps if they could locate a real master it'd be amazing. But upscaling LAP without a real great source it's not a great idea.

They should just call Mary Lambert

She keeps copies of her video works in her bathroom towel closet.

You can quote me. I was the one talking about the Super Deluxe LAP, but I'm not making that up, it was planned at some point in the last quarter of 2019 - or so it seemed.

There was a 30th Anniversary version of "Like A Prayer" listed on some catalogues and stores. That info came from Warner/Rhino, stores don't make that up either, they just list the info they receive:

https://madonnadiscography.pl/news/like-a-prayer-30th-anniversary-4cds-box

https://www.facebook.com/MadonnaDiscography/posts/like-a-prayer-30th-anniversary-4cds-box-in-november-confirmed-by-warner-music-cz/2357269210975237/

It was eventually removed (postponed? cancelled?) but I remember seeing the preorder on some sites.

So laugh all you want but it's not fan fiction... at least not this time. :lol:

On 4/22/2021 at 10:10 PM, Prayer said:

I secretly hope they're saving the LAP remastered videos for the Super Deluxe Edition when (or if) it's finally released.

(Remember it was planned for 2019/2020).

Dont give up the hope.

The deluxe edition of Purple Rain with Prince was announced in April 2014, but not released until the summer of 2017.

And now they're releasing deluxe boxes of his classic albums almost every year. :)

I'm more obsessed with hunting down the perfect patchouli perfume that imitates the scent of the LAP LP sleeve. I have several European editions, even the first Japanese CD print (which still holds a wonderful scent!). The Like A Prayer LP to me is a special one, because of the scent, not because of the songs.

0fc46c829962aac5df674e81fcdc7611.jpg

1 hour ago, poodle said:

I'm more obsessed with hunting down the perfect patchouli perfume that imitates the scent of the LAP LP sleeve. I have several European editions, even the first Japanese CD print (which still holds a wonderful scent!). The Like A Prayer LP to me is a special one, because of the scent, not because of the songs.

I bought the essential oil and put drops into a candle. I burn it everytime I play the record

On 4/24/2021 at 12:34 AM, poodle said:

I had the Greek one and i gave it as a present!

The Album Itself Doesn't need a remaster. It was digitally recorded and the 2005 Japan release sounds Brilliant as though it had just been recorded. Just compare the difference to another release.

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

They did a great Job On This.