Lossless Streaming is about to go Mainstream

RUADJAI

Will your listening habits change after lossless streaming goes mainstream?  

78 members voted

1. 1. Will your listening habits change after lossless streaming goes mainstream?

• I will UPGRADE to lossless streaming as my ONLY form of listening
    • I will UPGRADE to lossless streaming as my PRIMARY source of listening but will still buy physical copies for collecting
    • I will continue streaming in STANDARD quality
    • I do not stream now but will start with Lossless Streaming
    • I do not and will not stream music
    • I ALREADY stream in Lossless with another brand but will switch to either Spotify or Apple
    • I ALREADY stream in Lossless with another brand and will stay with them
  2. 2. Will this change your buying habits of physical copies?

• Yes, I will NOT BUY physical copies anymore
    • Yes, I will ONLY BUY for collecting purposes
    • No, I will CONTINUE to buy physical copies
    • No, I DON'T BUY physical copies anyway

44 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Chromatica Some songs on Chromatica are in Dolby Atmos. 

It sounds like stuff is missing in Stupid Love though. 

:Madonna009: I knew that. I read somewhere that Madame X was too and I was shook

Wait they left some parts of Stupid Love out? MESS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prayer

Interesting topic.  You forgot one option: buying digital music. I know is a thing of the past but some still do it. I do with releases or artists I want to support, cause they get more money from it and I like to edit metadata and stuff. I think it's a good thing that HD audio arrives to Spotify and Apple Music so people who want that option have it available. They already have the option to do it, as they receive lossless files from the record companies. It's just a matter of offering the

Prayer

2 (or even 3 in some cases) CD singles back in the day was greed from the companies, yeah, but also because of the rules of the charts, especially in the UK. If I remember well, from 1997 or 1998, CD singles above 20 minutes in total were not considered for the UK singles charts. So if you have, let's say, 2 b-sides and 3 remixes, most artists released a b-sides single (CD 1) and a remixes single (CD 2) - and that way they managed to count 2 copies sold for the charts.  If the remixes

amscity

I think I'm an ET because I simply don't use streaming at all! And the reason is that basically I don't give up my personal library to replace it for something I don't have control over. I mean, I'm a perfectionist. I have every album, every single, every version, everything organized, in the best quality possible. Streaming make us limited to what they offer.  Madonna's discography available on streaming is a mess! They've changed the original tracks, they've changed the artworks

Posted Images

18 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s like that in almost all Dolby Atmos songs. I was checking it out yesterday with Ariana Grande, and the mixing is sooooo bad, there’s so many instruments and beats pushed to the background, it’s like they don’t even exist. This Dolby thing is overrated; it’s lifeless. 

Soooooo, I thought so too...  but I think I was confusing two different things. Spatialize Stereo and Spatialize Audio. 

Cuz if you listen to the featured playlist, some of these songs sound AMAZING! 

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/made-for-spatial-audio/pl.154af9931b214278a64274c410046e69 

There's also a "Spatialize Stereo" which basically takes any stereo track and "tries" to create a surround effect of some sort, but it doesnt sound good at all. 

I've completely changed my mind. Its gonna be completely different also when people write specifically for this format. Im now having fantasies of Mirwais/Madonna in Dolby Atmos. 

Listen to

Bury a Friend by Billie Eilish

Black Skinhead by Kanye

WAP by Cardi

Marina has a new album in Dolby Atmos too. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land/1562845738

56 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Soooooo, I thought so too...  but I think I was confusing two different things. Spatialize Stereo and Spatialize Audio. 

Cuz if you listen to the featured playlist, some of these songs sound AMAZING! 

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/made-for-spatial-audio/pl.154af9931b214278a64274c410046e69 

This is the playlist I’ve been listening to since it first came out. The Frankie Goes to Hollywood sounds, okay. I’m just not impressed by any this….

This pisses me off. No IPOD can play this, Even the 6th Generation one which I think was either the last or second last. So an IPHONE is your only option? Don' t have one.  BUT, I have Dolby atmos for headphones on my Desktop and the Music is So much Better especially in Lossless.?? A 2019 IPOD cant play this. What do you guys listen to audio on?

Craigy

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Prayer said:

All of her albums should be Lossless now in Apple Music (and a couple of them, "MDNA" and "Madame X", Apple Digital Master too). Isn't that the case with the rest?

Yeah, they all were lossless when Apple launched lossless music except Confessions for some strange reason. ?