RHCP sell song catalog- is Madonna next?

clkelley39

The RHCP are considered "high profile"? :hallwaylaugh: I don't see what difference it would make if Madonna were to follow; I mean I can't see her doing that anyway because she seems smart enough not to plus she isn't desperate enough to seek a quick payout imo, but don't most of us already own her albums in physical form or at least digitally? Why  would her selling her music catalog affect us diehard fans in any way?

Does this include remixes, demos, and unreleased tracks that are going to be available for public digital purchase? I say she should if that's the case because lord knows when this place we call our planet is going to hell in a hand basket soon and before I die, my only selfish wish above anything would be to own, and be able to have plenty of time getting to know everything word for word from each song she has not released and same with certain remixes, like Calderon's remix of What It Feels Like For A Girl the acoustic electronica remix which only one section has ever been heard and it's the guitar heard at the end of Lo Que Siente La Mujer from DWT where the stunning is really fast and there's apparently though some of the album versions music underneath it with similar beats and effects to the live version. But it's less Latin sounding. That's from him himself from a couple different interviews but they all added more details not found in just one and that being one of my all time favorite songs, esp the LP version, and The Saturday Night Mix which has it similarities to Guy Sigsworths original sound and the melody is so hauntingly beautiful, I'm surprised it's not as appreciated. The other released but considered unreleased due to Madonna not receiving them in time or just not liking them were awful like those by Manny Lehmann (worst), Tracy Young (her other remix), and Thunderpuss were so boring and seems like they lacked much time or effort to making them, because they just didnt put much into the melody and were boring house mixes that just seemed repetitive. To know there's a remix out there like the acoustic electronic mix whichever he called it, I don't remember, he also said he tried and made a bunch of remixes for it in different styles and reconstructions that seem to sound the most interesting of all, minus there was apparently remixes set up for remixes of 05's Forbidden Love but they decided to go with Jump and add remixes for that and add History to it instead which I think Juml was going to be like Nobody Knows Me as the club single and on the same single, like was with Nothing Fails, Forbbiden Love was to be the radio song with remixes and no talk of an added unreleased song but had she also added History and maybe even Triggering Your Senses, it would have been a hot single for sure! I think both songs would fight for the top club song regardless unless the FL remixes (which I believe were to include Mum (only heard of them but remembered that name) and Goldfrapp amongst 1 or 2 others, it might have been soft remixes or 1 club mix and the rest a more indie electronica vibe. If only she got her way but the company felt Jump alone was the last big hit possible and I'm sorry but there was only 3 songs that may have been hard for typical radio play and tree thats Future Lovers (unless she added I Feel Love to it), How High (though I Love it), and maybe a toss up between either Isaac due to it not having the typical top 20 sound, or the least exciting but still great Goldfrappish track Like It Or Not. I feel the album was too good for top 20 songs. It's a shame but at least there were some like Hung Up, Sorry, Get Together, and Jump that made it oft well, but I feel Forbidden Love would have really been listener friendly and radio friendly to the point it would have been a hit single. Also i wanna know what tracks like Baby Blue Bird, Jangli, Guitar Grove, Sasha's Track, and Bon would have sounded like and what songs they were. Also what is Eagle's Wings? This minus all the songs like Warning Signs, Desperately Seeking Susan, and Working My Bones On The Pipeline are all about. No one ever gives any descriptive info that have heard it to where they even mention names of songs or compare them to songs that may have something to do with released stuff that have an incorrect name and it's only the instrumental. It's a shame cuz that's my biggest of the selfish dreams come true ever so if this selling makes that so, I'd say sell me like M hot cakes and make them complications as well that can be bought in record stores a usual but make them special like with new remixes and all in HQ form. Doubt that but I can dream.

I think the artist that sell their catalog is because they want the money right NOW for whatever reason, and I don't see Madonna doing that... she knows, and whatever company that might be interested in buying knows that her music is a secure future investment that will only grow over time, so I think she rather keep her rights to maintain the estate within her and her family rather than sell it to somebody else to administrate her stuff. Patrick Leonard I think sold all his rights to a company, so now they get all the royalties from his work with M.

On the other hand, I'm excited about Shakira selling her catalog cause probably we will see vinyl releases!

22 hours ago, cake said:

was M's angry post of Patriarchy taking away her voice about the Patrick Leonard deal? A stretch i know but just sayin..

Why would it take away her voice?? Patrick is free to do what he wants with his percentage of a song's publishing. All it means is that he's taking a fat cheque now whilst the new owners wait it out for M to reinvigorate her catalogue. 

On 5/5/2021 at 3:03 AM, lightyears1981 said:

Does this include remixes, demos, and unreleased tracks that are going to be available for public digital purchase? I say she should if that's the case because lord knows when this place we call our planet is going to hell in a hand basket soon and before I die, my only selfish wish above anything would be to own, and be able to have plenty of time getting to know everything word for word from each song she has not released and same with certain remixes, like Calderon's remix of What It Feels Like For A Girl the acoustic electronica remix which only one section has ever been heard and it's the guitar heard at the end of Lo Que Siente La Mujer from DWT where the stunning is really fast and there's apparently though some of the album versions music underneath it with similar beats and effects to the live version. But it's less Latin sounding. That's from him himself from a couple different interviews but they all added more details not found in just one and that being one of my all time favorite songs, esp the LP version, and The Saturday Night Mix which has it similarities to Guy Sigsworths original sound and the melody is so hauntingly beautiful, I'm surprised it's not as appreciated. The other released but considered unreleased due to Madonna not receiving them in time or just not liking them were awful like those by Manny Lehmann (worst), Tracy Young (her other remix), and Thunderpuss were so boring and seems like they lacked much time or effort to making them, because they just didnt put much into the melody and were boring house mixes that just seemed repetitive. To know there's a remix out there like the acoustic electronic mix whichever he called it, I don't remember, he also said he tried and made a bunch of remixes for it in different styles and reconstructions that seem to sound the most interesting of all, minus there was apparently remixes set up for remixes of 05's Forbidden Love but they decided to go with Jump and add remixes for that and add History to it instead which I think Juml was going to be like Nobody Knows Me as the club single and on the same single, like was with Nothing Fails, Forbbiden Love was to be the radio song with remixes and no talk of an added unreleased song but had she also added History and maybe even Triggering Your Senses, it would have been a hot single for sure! I think both songs would fight for the top club song regardless unless the FL remixes (which I believe were to include Mum (only heard of them but remembered that name) and Goldfrapp amongst 1 or 2 others, it might have been soft remixes or 1 club mix and the rest a more indie electronica vibe. If only she got her way but the company felt Jump alone was the last big hit possible and I'm sorry but there was only 3 songs that may have been hard for typical radio play and tree thats Future Lovers (unless she added I Feel Love to it), How High (though I Love it), and maybe a toss up between either Isaac due to it not having the typical top 20 sound, or the least exciting but still great Goldfrappish track Like It Or Not. I feel the album was too good for top 20 songs. It's a shame but at least there were some like Hung Up, Sorry, Get Together, and Jump that made it oft well, but I feel Forbidden Love would have really been listener friendly and radio friendly to the point it would have been a hit single. Also i wanna know what tracks like Baby Blue Bird, Jangli, Guitar Grove, Sasha's Track, and Bon would have sounded like and what songs they were. Also what is Eagle's Wings? This minus all the songs like Warning Signs, Desperately Seeking Susan, and Working My Bones On The Pipeline are all about. No one ever gives any descriptive info that have heard it to where they even mention names of songs or compare them to songs that may have something to do with released stuff that have an incorrect name and it's only the instrumental. It's a shame cuz that's my biggest of the selfish dreams come true ever so if this selling makes that so, I'd say sell me like M hot cakes and make them complications as well that can be bought in record stores a usual but make them special like with new remixes and all in HQ form. Doubt that but I can dream.

Just do searches on V.K the Russian site, Warning signs is on there allbeit ln bad LQ.

Edited by scallywally (see edit history)

On 5/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, scallywally said:

Just do searches on V.K the Russian site, Warning signs is on there allbeit ln bad LQ.

Its also got the instrumentals to some songs you mentioned. (Youve prob heard them) Baby Blue Bird, Jangli, Guitar Grove, Sasha's Track, and Bon). I dont know if id get into trouble putting a link. Or if I say DM me but you can find them there :) 

Edited by scallywally (see edit history)