Express Yourself Remixes available on digital platforms on May 7th.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What exactly do you propose. It’s a simple upload of an 80’s song. With all commercially released mixes of the time and a promo mix.  We’re not reinventing the wheel here hen. It’s just about making her stuff accessible to a new generation who weren’t around for the vinyl generation, the CD generation or even  the download generation. Young people stream… end of. It’s not negotiable. If a young person wants to check out a bit of Madonna they’re not going on discogs to search out some promo cd

It's better than they're not remastered/touched/whatever. It would be just a volume boost or worse, a "Celebration" type of affair. Better to leave the original sound as it is, I think. 

Posted Images

I wish they would've done this chronologically, also the way they release them weeks apart from each other is... frustrating. They've been doing this since 2019. I'd be more content if they just released them all at once, it's not like there's anything new in those singles anyway.

Edited by RayofPrayers
9 minutes ago, RayofPrayers said:

I wish they would've done this chronologically, also the way they release them weeks apart from each other is... frustrating. They've been doing this since 2019. I'd be more content if they just released them all at once, it's not like there's anything new in those singles anyway.

It’s a money and marketing thing. All about numbers. If all streams and sales go to 1 maxi for a certain amount of weeks, it’ll give them a big boost.

If they put EVERYTHING all out at once, the numbers would be very low. Only certain titles would gain big numbers.

I'm just stoked to actually have them digitally in the best quality i've heard any of them in. I still have a bunch on CD, but who busts out a CD these days. I've been buying them all on iTunes because i like to own them. I wish they were remastered. It's disappointing that they are not. But i've been kind of diggin the out of order thing because it's like a little surprise.

31 minutes ago, DanM said:

What is the difference between the 7" Remix and the Album Version? 🤔

the 7” remix includes a wayyyy more funky + disco-ish and boom intro if you compare and if you play both songs next to each other you’d notice that the 7” remix is more disco inspired meanwhile the album remix is a bit pop-rock-ish 

1 hour ago, jonjon2 said:

I'm just stoked to actually have them digitally in the best quality i've heard any of them in. I still have a bunch on CD, but who busts out a CD these days. I've been buying them all on iTunes because i like to own them. I wish they were remastered. It's disappointing that they are not. But i've been kind of diggin the out of order thing because it's like a little surprise.

It's better than they're not remastered/touched/whatever. It would be just a volume boost or worse, a "Celebration" type of affair.

Better to leave the original sound as it is, I think. :)

9 hours ago, valonqar said:

Are they using Remini app for the artwork? :Madonna006:

What a lazy job!

Well, I wasn't expecting them to go and find the original pictures in the archive and then digitally recreate the original artwork... This seems like enough effort for the kind of release it is. They can't be bothered to dig up the original file for the Bedtime Stories vinyl cover, they're definitely not going all out on the Express yourself digital bundle 😂