Express Yourself Remixes available on digital platforms on May 7th.

proxy

19 hours ago, jonjon2 said:

I'm just stoked to actually have them digitally in the best quality i've heard any of them in. I still have a bunch on CD, but who busts out a CD these days. I've been buying them all on iTunes because i like to own them. I wish they were remastered. It's disappointing that they are not. But i've been kind of diggin the out of order thing because it's like a little surprise.

I still bust out the maxi cds. Nostalgic moments

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

What exactly do you propose. It’s a simple upload of an 80’s song. With all commercially released mixes of the time and a promo mix. 
We’re not reinventing the wheel here hen. It’s just about making her stuff accessible to a new generation who weren’t around for the vinyl generation, the CD generation or even  the download generation. Young people stream… end of. It’s not negotiable. If a young person wants to check out a bit of Madonna they’re not going on discogs to search out some promo cd from some old queens top shelf in Belgium who is selling his collection to fund a gay weekend in Sitges for his 50th birthday.
Clue being… this isn’t really for us… but feel free to get involved if you want. Madonna has your coins from first time round. So essentially you are dead to her. She’s coming for young blood and new coins ready for the biopic upsurge. Get into it hen. 

I often don't agree with you or your ideas but this comment is so spot on. Fans hare will always find something to complain about. How sad is that? It's like they don't know how to enjoy Madonna anymore. Let me be clear about this... I sometimes get tired of Madonna's tardiness or professional decisions she's made from time to time.. and I've made cranky comments too. But let's be real for once: the re-release of all these EPs on digital platforms, whether you like the tracklist/quality of artwork or not cannot be damaging to her legacy, but the opposite. And that's all that matters in the end.

As for the HD versions on Youtube, that's a whole different story :lord:

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

What exactly do you propose. It’s a simple upload of an 80’s song. With all commercially released mixes of the time and a promo mix. 
We’re not reinventing the wheel here hen. It’s just about making her stuff accessible to a new generation who weren’t around for the vinyl generation, the CD generation or even  the download generation. Young people stream… end of. It’s not negotiable. If a young person wants to check out a bit of Madonna they’re not going on discogs to search out some promo cd from some old queens top shelf in Belgium who is selling his collection to fund a gay weekend in Sitges for his 50th birthday.
Clue being… this isn’t really for us… but feel free to get involved if you want. Madonna has your coins from first time round. So essentially you are dead to her. She’s coming for young blood and new coins ready for the biopic upsurge. Get into it hen. 

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBCSo now I'm not even allowed an opinion on here??‍♂️

Hen? [Show some respect]

This is getting ridiculous. Its NOT a Big deal.

You know what I'm out. That's It. Have a Nice Life everyone, Have a Nice Death,

Goodbye.??‍♂️

To those who have been so nice to me on here I wish you all the best.??

20 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's better than they're not remastered/touched/whatever. It would be just a volume boost or worse, a "Celebration" type of affair.

Better to leave the original sound as it is, I think. :)

I hear what you're saying, however proper remastering isn't just about volume boosting. And i totally agree that Celebration is a let down.

4 hours ago, Sarah said:

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBCSo now I'm not even allowed an opinion on here??‍♂️

Hen? [Show some respect]

This is getting ridiculous. Its NOT a Big deal.

You know what I'm out. That's It. Have a Nice Life everyone, Have a Nice Death,

Goodbye.??‍♂️

To those who have been so nice to me on here I wish you all the best.??

If you read this with an image of me ranting you’re mistaken. I’m always laughing and joking with folk. Sorry if it landed wrong…. It’s… a digital EP. 
One can have an opinion on an opinion. This isn’t censorship. 
The dramatiques were comedic not hateful. It’s not a big deal. Hen is a term of respectful affection in UK.

it’s all gravy baby ? 

More than 120.000 streams for the 7'' Remix of "Express Yourself" on its first day on Spotify, thanks to its inclusion on Release Radar playlists. For all the doubters out there saying what's the point of doing these digital releases, well, this is the point: there's an audience to be reached and money to be made. Madonna is a mainstream artist and digital is the mainstream medium right now. It would be like complaining that the old 80s singles were being reissued on CD in the 90s just because you already had them on vinyl.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Aiwa08 said:

OH MY GOD!!!! The 7'' Remix and the Remix/Edit commercially available in digital form!!!  :cryin2: 

Now I know that Open Your Heart (Remix a.k.a. Edit of Extended Version) and Fever (Edit Two) will be available in the future. :Madonna010:

I mean. I hope so. I do find it rather telling that so far we've only had things that have already been released in digital (cd) format at time of release. Open Your Heart single was only ever released on vinyl. Every single up to before Like A Prayer was vinyl format only. There may be some digital files around that were scheduled on the 1989 and 1990 Japan compilation CD's that were a pre cursor to the Immaculate Collection....and of course whatever was on the Super EP's in the early 90's, The Japan Singles Boxset and those woeful yellow CD reissues where the quality was awful. If it's been already been issued on CD in some format I imagine we'll get it. Stuff that was just released on 7" and never digitally upgraded might not make it into this collection....and we may just get the files from those 1995 Yellow Re-issue CD's.

Emily if you are reading...those CD's were bad. Go Japanse boxset hen. ta x

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I mean. I hope so. I do find it rather telling that so far we've only had things that have already been released in digital (cd) format at time of release. Open Your Heart single was only ever released on vinyl. 

As far as I know, Like A Prayer (Bass Dub) & Like A Prayer (Dub Beats) were only released on vinyl, and now you can buy them in digital quality.

13 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

As far as I know, Like A Prayer (Bass Dub) & Like A Prayer (Dub Beats) were only released on vinyl, and now you can buy them in digital quality.

Yes but they leaked before. The only mixes that surprised me were the bedtimes. I never heard someone mention having in digital the vinyl mixes only  before. That's when I stared to believe they can actually have some masters. 

15 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Of course but by the Like A Prayer era everything would have been prepped ready for digital because the single was released on CD so they’d have everything done and then decide. That wouldn’t have been the case with pre 89 singles. Makes sense in my head at least ?

32 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Of course but by the Like A Prayer era everything would have been prepped ready for digital because the single was released on CD so they’d have everything done and then decide. That wouldn’t have been the case with pre 89 singles. Makes sense in my head at least ?

I would say that the CD era began in 1986/1987 worldwide. You can find "Papa Don't Preach" single even in Laser-Disc. So I think that Warner started to create digital versions around the True Blue era. You can find True Blue (Remix Edit) and La Isla Bonita (Remix Edit) on CDs made in 1986/1987. In my humble opinion "Papa Don't Preach" was the first real CD-Single (It was a small Laser-Disc, but you can play the audio part in any CD-player).

papadontpreach_us_cdv_disc.jpeg.825ded379a9c0746a9ca7d4d61cf8982.jpeg

Anyway, Madonna & Warner are not stupid, they know what versions we want (Oh no! I'm hearing Madonna laugh hysterically...)

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I would say that the CD era began in 1986/1987 worldwide. You can find "Papa Don't Preach" single even in Laser-Disc. So I think that Warner started to create digital versions around the True Blue era. You can find True Blue (Remix Edit) and La Isla Bonita (Remix Edit) on CDs made in 1986/1987. In my humble opinion "Papa Don't Preach" was the first real CD-Single (It was a small Laser-Disc, but you can play the audio part in any CD-player).

Anyway, Madonna & Warner are not stupid, they know what versions we want (Oh no! I'm hearing Madonna laugh hysterically...)

I always forget that James Foley did work under the name Peter Percher. I wonder why. 

This is a beautiful CD/Video disc - I had it a long time ago. 

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yeah I was thinking that too. La Isla Bonita single remix on the Hits CD. True Blue remix edit only available on the Ones on One CD. Stuff Warner green lighted when she was with them…but my thinking was more along the lines of the rule that there is still some weird convenance that they can only release stuff digitally that was digitally released first time around….but then I suppose all those 1995 CD reissues would still fall under that branch too so fuck knows. Point of fact is that we actually haven’t seen anything being reissued  on download and streaming that wasn’t from the CD single era…. So far. 
The fact that we have some rare Betamax DubCapellaStamentalRe-edit promo mix of Like A Prayer only released exclusively to Lesbians on Shrove Tuesday in the arse end of Guatemala …..but an actual single Gambler is still not available individually to download or stream makes me howl. 

but what do I know?

Yours Frustrated

Cig from Wigan x

20 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

I see @bertrandlists 3 different video mixes :

Celebration] Video Edit (4:00)

Video Version [MTV] (4:58)

Remix Video Version [VH1] (4:22)

I know where to find the celebration DVD and the immaculate DVD but where is the third one available? 

Three video mixes??? No, they are only two:

- Original Video Version (4:58) available on Celebration DVD (and promotional VHS) (with or without the "Zipper" sound at the beginning)

- Alternate Video Version (4:22) available on The Immaculate Collection DVD/LD/VHS

On 5/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, dominbil said:

Is the audio quality good or is it better with the old cd promo ? 

Well, I compared the 7" Remix, the Remix/Edit, and the Non-Stop Express Mix in an audio editor, and they're digitally identical to the original promo CD... they cancel out perfectly if you do the "null test."

This involves getting two audio files exactly in sync in an audio editor and then phase inverting one of the files. Whatever sound you can then hear is what is different between the two tracks. The three tracks mentioned above resulted in complete silence after the phase inversion, which means they are bit-for-bit the identical masterings that are on the promo CD. 

The Local Mix from the promo and Stop & Go Dubs from "Remixed Prayers" did not cancel out with the digital files, so they are not the exact same masterings that are on those CDs.

So I guess the answer to your question is: the audio quality is the same as the old promo CD.

Edited by superbu
typo (see edit history)