Jump to content

Madonna in new Snoop Dogg video!


Recommended Posts

On 5/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, blondebenji said:

there was no way she cud do a video with Dua.  She was in agony.  Cud hardly stand for very long.  Dua wold have been prancing around with all the moves and M singinging in a chair.  Wouldnt happen.  I know she did some moves standing on insta but she wasnt moving her legs at all.

Well, she didn't have to dance uncontrollably in it (see also: Crave), she was all over instagram posting videos the week they were making the video, if she wanted she could have sent a green screen of good giving face like Missy did. She just didn't want to. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really appreciate and applause what Snoop Dogg did, putting Madonna, a 62 yo white pop singer in his new video, in a rap track from a black rapper, he just breaks all the stereotypes and clichés at once ; racism, mysoginy, agism. Where all his pairs would have call Minaj or Cardi B, he asks for Madonna, and he shows publicly that he is the one who asks for her (on instagram last month). He didn't stop posting about M's cameo on his insta.  Bravo Snoop 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I really appreciate and applause what Snoop Dogg did, putting Madonna, a 62 yo white pop singer in his new video, in a rap track from a black rapper, he just breaks all the stereotypes and clichés at once ; racism, mysoginy, agism. Where all his pairs would have call Minaj or Cardi B, he asks for Madonna, and he shows publicly that he is the one who asks for her (on instagram last month). He didn't stop posting about M's cameo on his insta.  Bravo Snoop 👍

I'm sure Snoop feels honored that Madonna agreed to be in his video. He didn't do her any favors. Snoop turns 50 this year and hasn't had a hit in years, so he isn't exactly what's hot now. I like Snoop's music, well his old stuff, but he is also misogynistic like most rappers. Snoop is a rap legend, but Madonna is an iconic legend. I guarantee that most artists no matter the genre would love to have 62-year-old Madonna appear in their video for clout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Luci nln said:

I'm sure Snoop feels honored that Madonna agreed to be in his video. He didn't do her any favors. Snoop turns 50 this year and hasn't had a hit in years, so he isn't exactly what's hot now. I like Snoop's music, well his old stuff, but he is also misogynistic like most rappers. Snoop is a rap legend, but Madonna is an iconic legend. I guarantee that most artists no matter the genre would love to have 62-year-old Madonna appear in their video for clout.

I don't feel like Snoop is running after success again and planned this move like pure marketting. He's almost 50, has millions of dollars and knows he will be able to buy enough weed for all his life... he's now just making the music he loves for his own pleasure but i don't see him chasing the top of the charts like crazy... i just say that other rappers probably would have called Janet, Missy, or anyone that fits for in their "hood imagery", not to offense their community with all the crazy racist shit that is going on in the world and on social medias. I am certainly not saying Snoop has done M a favor, she absolutely doesn't need any favor from any artist at the point she has reached, i just notice it's a nice move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
14 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I don't feel like Snoop is running after success again and planned this move like pure marketting. He's almost 50, has millions of dollars and knows he will be able to buy enough weed for all his life... he's now just making the music he loves for his own pleasure but i don't see him chasing the top of the charts like crazy... i just say that other rappers probably would have called Janet, Missy, or anyone that fits for in their "hood imagery", not to offense their community with all the crazy racist shit that is going on in the world and on social medias. I am certainly not saying Snoop has done M a favor, she absolutely doesn't need any favor from any artist at the point she has reached, i just notice it's a nice move.

I get what you're saying, but I look at it more as a marketing move as you said than a nice gesture. He has an album to sell and although he may not care about chasing hits all artists still want to do numbers and have success with their projects. Janet, Missy or any female artist from the 80s, 90s or 00s won't generate press like M. Maybe Beyonce but she is more recluse. Snoop mentions M's name in the song so she was the ideal person for a cameo. Also, Janet never fit a rap music's "hood imagery," she's a Jackson and grew up privileged. M has more street credibility than her, she has dated more black men than Janet too. Overall this cameo was a nice little surprise for fans. It would be nice if M had something out to promote because she looks good and all the press mentions about the video are basically about her.

Edited by Luci nln
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 8:21 PM, TonyMontana said:

I really appreciate and applause what Snoop Dogg did, putting Madonna, a 62 yo white pop singer in his new video, in a rap track from a black rapper, he just breaks all the stereotypes and clichés at once ; racism, mysoginy, agism. Where all his pairs would have call Minaj or Cardi B, he asks for Madonna, and he shows publicly that he is the one who asks for her (on instagram last month). He didn't stop posting about M's cameo on his insta.  Bravo Snoop 👍

Snoop will rap with Youtubers for a few thousand dollars. How do you think Ricky Dillon got him? lol. Bottom line, Snoop doesn’t care. He’ll work with anyone for a few bucks. It’s not altruistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...