"I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated"

4 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

If people didnt take the lines to that song so literally, they might not feel they are "cringey".

Theres nothing cringey about them.

She's stating examples of people who might have been vilified or mistreated and saying she stands with them.

If you are burning gays, then you might as well burn me as well, as we are all people. We are all human and entitled to the same rights and priviliges.

She's descriptive and doesnt actually take sides.

I think it's a powerful statement.

Sometimes you need to go a little beyond the surface of things. In fact, most times, you do.

Question, how do you justify the line in question that this topic is about tho???

I don’t think the song is meant to be read so literally, I’ve alway though the line meant, I’d stand by the Jews if they’re being “incarcerated” (The Holocaust) and be their “Israel” (being a haven of the Jews).......though she did switch it up on tour which then made literal sense. I’m pretty sure she’s aware.....well I hope so 

7 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

If people didnt take the lines to that song so literally, they might not feel they are "cringey".

Theres nothing cringey about them.

She's stating examples of people who might have been vilified or mistreated and saying she stands with them.

If you are burning gays, then you might as well burn me as well, as we are all people. We are all human and entitled to the same rights and priviliges.

She's descriptive and doesnt actually take sides.

I think it's a powerful statement.

Sometimes you need to go a little beyond the surface of things. In fact, most times, you do.

I understand what she was trying to do, but the Israel line makes no sense. 

It's like saying I'll be a member of the KKK, if they're incarcerated. 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

I don’t think the song is meant to be read so literally, I’ve alway though the line meant, I’d stand by the Jews if they’re being “incarcerated” (The Holocaust) and be their “Israel” (being a haven of the Jews).......though she did switch it up on tour which then made literal sense. I’m pretty sure she’s aware.....well I hope so 

Oh it was a reference to WW2? That kinda makes sense, must have been what she was thinking. It never occurred to me. 

Unfortunately the word "Israel" is strongly related to what happened afterwards and she taking Israel's side is not a good look, regardless of how good her intentions were. 

She's lucky this wasn't picked up by the press yet 

I suppose the same cringe can be received from Native Indian line as well. But, as far as the Israel line. In her Eurovision performance she did have the two dancers where Israel and Palestine flags on their back and walk together up the steps holding hands. I perhaps wonder if in her head she wants to see peace between the two. Maybe she’s caught in between. Kabbalah is sourced from Judaism in some way or another and Israel has historically been mistreated. However, in American society Islam is mistreated and Palestine is obviously frowned upon. Maybe she was pushed to keep Israel for the recording and when she was live she changed it for what she really wanted. It’s hard to tell.

She didn't change the lyrics for the live version to "fix it", she just switched it because she's been criticized in the past. 

Madonna-Peres.png

That's her opinion and her own words and I don't know why fans are trying to speculate further :confused: If it had changed or she had something to say she would've probably done it already.... 

19 hours ago, Fighter said:

She didn't change the lyrics for the live version to "fix it", she just switched it because she's been criticized in the past. 

That's her opinion and her own words and I don't know why fans are trying to speculate further :confused: If it had changed or she had something to say she would've probably done it already.... 

Madonna's such a Karen sometimes... I mean... smh 

Why focus on M. What about that dumb ass Joe "They have a right to defend themselves" Biden

Calls up his buddy Benji and tells him he's had his fun, "it's time to pack the guns we funded away, son. I've got bigger issues at home and you're getting in my way"

M is the least of the problems here