DL: Vincent Paterson autobiography

Enrico

26 minutes ago, BlondAmbition said:

It's in french...

amazing man, I love him

I have never found the English version. Here in Italy the French version only is available through Amazon.

I can speak French, but I tried to copy and paste with Google Translate and it seems to work well.

4 hours ago, Enrico said:

I don't think this was shared before. In 2018 Vincent Paterson released his autobiography, and it features many pages about Madonna. One chapter offers a detailed description of their collaboration between the Pepsi ad (which I didn't know was is) and the Oscar 1991 performance, another one is about Evita.

Unfortunately, I only have the French edition in pdf to share, called "Icones and instincts". But the French members will appreciate, I hope, and other will use Google Translate maybe (you can copy and paste easily, the result is good).

After reading, I think VP is one of those who created the Madonna we all love. Before working with him, she basically used some more improvised movements, while for the Express Yourself video he created that incredibile style that makes choreography so theatrical, that shapes a persona. He was the one who suggested to end end the show with Vogue and to use Keep it together as the final number. He says that Like a virgin was originally conceived as a rock number, until he gave Madonna the Ofra Haza record and they turned it into the scene that still strikes us. He is the one who had the idea of the Marie Antoinette costumes!

The Evita chapter is very interesting, too. It tells about the difficult relationship with Alan Parker, the finding of Mr. Jabon, the need to integrate tango into the Andrew Lloyd Webber score (in fact, in the score revision for the late West End production ALW added more tango), Antonio Banderas bad ideas regarding the Waltz...

So here it is:

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

41ZxC5ZNS9L.jpg

'After reading, I think VP is one of those who created the Madonna we all love. Before working with him, she basically used some more improvised movements, while for the Express Yourself video he created that incredibile style that makes choreography so theatrical, that shapes a persona. He was the one who suggested to end end the show with Vogue and to use Keep it together as the final number. He says that Like a virgin was originally conceived as a rock number, until he gave Madonna the Ofra Haza record and they turned it into the scene that still strikes us. He is the one who had the idea of the Marie Antoinette costumes!..'

:pray: she had the best collaborators 

6 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

I agree, he definitely took her performances to another level. As good as Jamie King was good at the 'razzle dazzle', Vince was the best in terms of theatrical performances. Just a shame they didn't work together more after BA.

I agree.

Not only for EY but also for the choreographies with Michael ... wonderful