Ruby Wax teasing something. Possible follow up to M's Bedtime Stories interview?

Maybe a bonus interview with Madonna for the MXT bonus features? :Madonna038:

"So why do you have the eyepatch can I try it on?"
"Madame X doesn't share her eyepatch."
"Okay, so who is Madame X? Is she a pirate? Is she Captain Hook? His sister?"
"Madame X is all of those things. She isn't limited to one thing or one person. She's everyone."
"So I, Ruby Wax, am Madame X?"
"You can be. You just gotta change your shoes."
"What's wrong with my shoes?"
"They're too boring. Madame X is exciting."
"Is she a shoes salesman at Foot Locker?"
"She's more of a Rack Room kind of girl."
"Okay back to the show, are you excited to release it finally?"

"It's not done yet, we're still editing as we speak."
"It's been two years though, don't you think the fans should see the show already?"
"If they were my fans, they would have gone when I was on tour the first time."
"But maybe, they had other things, couldn't travel, maybe you weren't near their town?"
"And how is that my problem? Madame X traveled the world fine, changed her identity, put on shows with injury."
"But you have money and resources."
"Well I worked hard, I expect my fans to as well. No excuses."
"So when it's coming?"
"When I want it to come."

:01:

Ruby had like a mental breakdown cause of this interview, and claims it was the worst of her career. In recent years, she did speaking engagments at company conferences about building rapport with your customers, and would use this interview as example of what not to do.

Let's face it, She's never interviewing Madonna again.

5 hours ago, godx said:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure all the negative things she has said about the interview were centred around herself rather than Madonna. She felt like she lost control of the dynamic and embarrassed herself under pressure. 

And that's exactly the issue and why the interview was a disaster: cause the star was (and should be in that interview) Madonna, not her. Ruby tried to control the whole thing, she couldn't and now she's trying to control the post-interview narrative by making it all about herself. In my opinion she keeps doing the same thing she did that day - she couldn't get the interview she wanted from her and now she's using her to sell the same story (about herself, not Madonna) for years now.

I know I'm harsh, but I just don't get it. Or maybe she knows exactly what she's doing.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

And that's exactly the issue and why the interview was a disaster: cause the star was (and should be in that interview) Madonna, not her. Ruby tried to control the whole thing, she couldn't and now she's trying to control the post-interview narrative by making it all about herself. In my opinion she keeps doing the same thing she did that day - she couldn't get the interview she wanted from her and now she's using her to sell the same story (about herself, not Madonna) for years now.

I know I'm harsh, but I just don't get it. Or maybe she knows exactly what she's doing.

Ruby is kinda delusional though. Her entire tv persona was always based around a loose cannon neurotic wise ass who was legitimately intellectual. Brash and ballsy. People were expecting her to be exactly how she was. It was a danger moment for Madonna’s image more than anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...