Question; How to use Dolby Atmos

RUADJAI

28 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

i tried it, rented some extra speakers for my ceiling. I wasnt that impressed with it. seems to still be relatively new.

Well Apple is somehow planing to use it in their headphones with only 2 channels for music, so it will be interesting to see if it takes off and starts a whole new era of music or if it dies like Q-Sound. 

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Well Apple is somehow planing to use it in their headphones with only 2 channels for music, so it will be interesting to see if it takes off and starts a whole new era of music or if it dies like Q-Sound. 

I tried it with a couple of movies as my reciever has the hookups for it. Cant speak for how it is with music created for its use. Will be interesting for sure

On 5/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, RUADJAI said:

Well Apple is somehow planing to use it in their headphones with only 2 channels for music, so it will be interesting to see if it takes off and starts a whole new era of music or if it dies like Q-Sound

For TIDAL, the same Dolby Atmos master can automatically generate 2ch for headphones, and a up to 16 objects file for playback on for example, a 11.1.6 home theater. The workflow may be similar for Apple music.

Edited by junh1024

• 2 weeks later...