Madonna's 40th Anniversary

RUADJAI

c239129f56bc6755aef2cc137de5d5f0.jpg

So October 6th, 2022 will be the 40th Anniversary of her first single "Everybody". What do you think will be done to commemorate this? Anything? Or do you think she will wait till her 50th anniversary? Will it be a big deal with a box set with unreleased goodies... or just a Spotify playlist like the Like a Prayer release?  I could honestly see it going either way. Will the biopic be tied into the Anniversary and maybe that's all we will get? What you guys think?

Surely the biopic won't be ready until 2023, right? They can tie the 40th anniversary with the "Madonna" album release, then.

I don't know about October 2022. A new compilation? "Madonna 40" with 40 greatest hits properly remastered... but that would be too similar to "Celebration" (except for the properly remastered part :lol:).

so i was at at this record store a few weeks while visiting portland.  Its this huge place, with mini records stores inside so almost like a mini record convention with different vendors.  Anyway, as i was getting rung up at the register, I asked the guy if he had any Madonna hiding in the back that I should know of besides the 1 copy of LAV sitting out there.  He didnt have any and so I started asking him, what was up with that?  I explained that Ive been on this record hunting thing this last year (thanks covid) and compared to the last time I proactively looked for physical Madonna (15+ years ago) releases there's a clear difference.  Stores just dont stock her much is what I see.  Is she not really popular or cool anymore?

You wanna know what he said to me? - "Actually its quite the opposite man.  We cannot keep her in stock these days"

me: huh?

store: ya, if you want to know my opinion, I think the straights are discovering her, or rediscovering her.  Its funny watching straight guys ask for her because its not something Id seen for years....

WHOA!

Ok so thats the end of the convo and I know its one simple conversation and anecdotal evidence doesnt support some big conclusion but my personal take on that is, maybe she's doing something right with all this social stuff (that makes me cringe) and her aggressive participation in all this youth celebrity shit.  I mean she basically looks like blond kim K right now. 

Anyway, all that background to say, maybe she and those responsible or focused on her music sales are taking advantage of this resurgence with this biopic which could come out around then as well, which then lends itself to a huge campaign for  her entire catalog.  Who knows, again just theories based on anecdotal evidence but I mean I had been sad not seeing her stuff in stores like I used to and I just about fell to the ground when this record store owner said this to me.

51 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Surely the biopic won't be ready until 2023, right? They can tie the 40th anniversary with the "Madonna" album release, then.

I don't know about October 2022. A new compilation? "Madonna 40" with 40 greatest hits properly remastered... but that would be too similar to "Celebration" (except for the properly remastered part :lol:).

So do you think July 2023 will be recognized as her 40th Anniversary instead?

56 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I only want a box set with all her singles from the 80s on CD with all remixes & edits created on that decade. But now the CD is almost dead, so my dream box set will never come true.

id love that or a vinyl rerelease of all her albums in one box set (not limited edition tho cos i dont have that kinda money)

I'm hoping for a few deluxe expanded editions like 3cds & 2 dvds/1 blu-ray. BUT if she's going to release a new album that period we are really in a bad fate. :P

ALSO, I don't want Rhino to touch these projects please! Hire some professionals because we already know what they're doing with the songs and the cheap scanned LP and single artworks. How hard is to dig and make clean scans of those photos and recreate them with an actual graphic designer? Kylie did that on her re-issues so it's possible not expensive at all. C'mon it's Madonna!

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

In 2022, I don't think we'll get anything. 

In 2023, I believe she'll make a big deal out of it to tie it in with the biopic release. I'm also thinking we're getting a greatest hits at the same time with a few new song and a greatest hits tour announcement. If she didn't have a biopic coming out though, she's do none of those things lol

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

c239129f56bc6755aef2cc137de5d5f0.jpg

So October 6th, 2022 will be the 40th Anniversary of her first single "Everybody". What do you think will be done to commemorate this? Anything? Or do you think she will wait till her 50th anniversary? Will it be a big deal with a box set with unreleased goodies... or just a Spotify playlist like the Like a Prayer release?  I could honestly see it going either way. Will the biopic be tied into the Anniversary and maybe that's all we will get? What you guys think?

Think of the most mediocre way to celebrate that you can imagine, and then go 10 times lower. That’s the official “anniversary ” we’ll get.

It would be great to have a re-issue of It's That Girl on vinyl or a special 40th records collection with 40 of these early tracks: (pretty please yes gawd ok :pray:)

1. Holiday (Edit)
  2. Lucky Star (Edit)
  3. Ain't No Big Deal
  4. Like A Virgin
  5. Burning Up (Alternate Edit)
  6. Material Girl (Remix)
  7. Crazy For You
  8. Intro The Groove (Original)
  9. Dress You Up (Remix/Edit)
  10. Angel (Dance Mix/Edit)
  11. Gambler (Extended Dance Mix)
  12. Borderline (Remix/Edit)
  13. Physical Attraction (Single Edit)
  14. Spotlight (Single Edit)
  15. Live To Tell (Edit)
  16. Papa Don't Preach (Video Edit)
  17. True Blue (Remix/Edit)
  18. Open Your Heart (7" Remix)
  19. La Isla Bonita (Remix Instrumental Edit)
  20. Where's The Party? (Single Edit)
  21. Over & Over (Single Edit)
  22. Sidewalk Talk (Jellybean 7" Version)
  23. Who's That Girl? (Remix/Edit)
  24. Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Single Mix)
  25. Can't Stop
  26. The Look of Love
  27. Like A Prayer (7" Version with Fade)
  28. Express Yourself (7" Remix)
  29. Keep It Together (Single Remix)
  30. Oh Father (Edit)
  31. Cherish (7" Version)
  32. Supernatural (Original Arms House Mix)
  33. Rescue Me (Alternate Single Mix)
  34. Goodbye To Innocence (Just Say Roe Version)
  35. Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Soulpower Radio Remix Edit)
  36. Fever (Edit One)
  37. Hanky Panky (Bare Bones Single Mix)
  38. Rain (Radio Remix)
  39. Vogue (Single Mix)
  40. Take A Bow (InDaSoul Edit)

15 minutes ago, Rory said:

It would be great to have a re-issue of It's That Girl on vinyl or a special 40th records collection with 40 of these early tracks: (pretty please yes gawd ok :pray:)

1. Holiday (Edit)
  2. Lucky Star (Edit)
  3. Ain't No Big Deal
  4. Like A Virgin
  5. Burning Up (Alternate Edit)
  6. Material Girl (Remix)
  7. Crazy For You
  8. Intro The Groove (Original)
  9. Dress You Up (Remix/Edit)
  10. Angel (Dance Mix/Edit)
  11. Gambler (Extended Dance Mix)
  12. Borderline (Remix/Edit)
  13. Physical Attraction (Single Edit)
  14. Spotlight (Single Edit)
  15. Live To Tell (Edit)
  16. Papa Don't Preach (Video Edit)
  17. True Blue (Remix/Edit)
  18. Open Your Heart (7" Remix)
  19. La Isla Bonita (Remix Instrumental Edit)
  20. Where's The Party? (Single Edit)
  21. Over & Over (Single Edit)
  22. Sidewalk Talk (Jellybean 7" Version)
  23. Who's That Girl? (Remix/Edit)
  24. Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Single Mix)
  25. Can't Stop
  26. The Look of Love
  27. Like A Prayer (7" Version with Fade)
  28. Express Yourself (7" Remix)
  29. Keep It Together (Single Remix)
  30. Oh Father (Edit)
  31. Cherish (7" Version)
  32. Supernatural (Original Arms House Mix)
  33. Rescue Me (Alternate Single Mix)
  34. Goodbye To Innocence (Just Say Roe Version)
  35. Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Soulpower Radio Remix Edit)
  36. Fever (Edit One)
  37. Hanky Panky (Bare Bones Single Mix)
  38. Rain (Radio Remix)
  39. Vogue (Single Mix)
  40. Take A Bow (InDaSoul Edit)

Change "La Isla Bonita (Remix Instrumental Edit)" for the "Remix Edit" and "Fever (Edit One)" for "Edit Two" and would be the perfect singles compilation.

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

I actually think a compilation that took the credo of Everybody would be more fitting. 
“Everybody come on dance and sing”
a dance compilation or her biggest dance hits over the last 40 yrs. all uptempo. Now that would be a banging compilation. I’d even call it “Everybody”

Your'e on to something there! Part one could be called 'Everybody'. 2nd part 'Dance and sing'.  Similar to Georges G.H