Madonna's 40th Anniversary

RUADJAI

20 hours ago, steady75 said:

I actually think a compilation that took the credo of Everybody would be more fitting. 
“Everybody come on dance and sing”
a dance compilation or her biggest dance hits over the last 40 yrs. all uptempo. Now that would be a banging compilation. I’d even call it “Everybody”

Totally. Thats what made The Immaculate Collection so great, it was a non stop dance-a-thon with a sprinkle of slow jams. 

On 5/31/2021 at 6:39 PM, Rory said:

It would be great to have a re-issue of It's That Girl on vinyl or a special 40th records collection with 40 of these early tracks: (pretty please yes gawd ok :pray:)

1. Holiday (Edit)
  2. Lucky Star (Edit)
  3. Ain't No Big Deal
  4. Like A Virgin
  5. Burning Up (Alternate Edit)
  6. Material Girl (Remix)
  7. Crazy For You
  8. Intro The Groove (Original)
  9. Dress You Up (Remix/Edit)
  10. Angel (Dance Mix/Edit)
  11. Gambler (Extended Dance Mix)
  12. Borderline (Remix/Edit)
  13. Physical Attraction (Single Edit)
  14. Spotlight (Single Edit)
  15. Live To Tell (Edit)
  16. Papa Don't Preach (Video Edit)
  17. True Blue (Remix/Edit)
  18. Open Your Heart (7" Remix)
  19. La Isla Bonita (Remix Instrumental Edit)
  20. Where's The Party? (Single Edit)
  21. Over & Over (Single Edit)
  22. Sidewalk Talk (Jellybean 7" Version)
  23. Who's That Girl? (Remix/Edit)
  24. Causing A Commotion (Silver Screen Single Mix)
  25. Can't Stop
  26. The Look of Love
  27. Like A Prayer (7" Version with Fade)
  28. Express Yourself (7" Remix)
  29. Keep It Together (Single Remix)
  30. Oh Father (Edit)
  31. Cherish (7" Version)
  32. Supernatural (Original Arms House Mix)
  33. Rescue Me (Alternate Single Mix)
  34. Goodbye To Innocence (Just Say Roe Version)
  35. Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Soulpower Radio Remix Edit)
  36. Fever (Edit One)
  37. Hanky Panky (Bare Bones Single Mix)
  38. Rain (Radio Remix)
  39. Vogue (Single Mix)
  40. Take A Bow (InDaSoul Edit)

This release doesn’t really make sense. Why would they have a release that spans only through all the 80s singles and then have a few random 90s tracks?

It would make more sense to just re-release the Japan Singles collection on 7” color vinyl.

That’s very on par with what’s being done these days by other artists with great success. 

On 5/31/2021 at 2:36 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

she didn't do anything for the 30th anniversary of the song, apart from performing it live for one night, 

Lower your expectations besties

She didn’t do anything, but also 2012 was very different from 2022. Both in terms of her mindset and the music market. Back then only has been artists that had one 80s anthem were doing this type of thing. Now it’s very mainstream and people spend more on this type of stuff.

The digital singles thing started small and it seems like it’s a big success and they’re putting more and more energy into it. 
I’m sure soon this will spill into other types of releases from her.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:36 AM, musicinferno said:

We'll get something similar to Like A Prayer 30th anniversary - a Spotify release with missing tracks and a filter over the album artwork. 

I swear, I put more effort into Instagram stories than her team puts into her merchandise and promotional imagery ?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, thegoldencalf said:

This release doesn’t really make sense. Why would they have a release that spans only through all the 80s singles and then have a few random 90s tracks?

It would make more sense to just re-release the Japan Singles collection on 7” color vinyl.

That’s very on par with what’s being done these days by other artists with great success. 

It would be amazing if they make a box set with all her singles up until the present with their original cover artworks. These would sell pretty well.

4 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It would be amazing if they make a box set with all her singles up until the present with their original cover artworks. These would sell pretty well.

That could never happen since she has so many. It would be just too big to be commercially viable. Also it would have to cost something like 1000 bucks

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

That could never happen since she has so many. It would be just too big to be commercially viable. Also it would have to cost something like 1000 bucks

I mean it wouldn’t be the first time an artist did it. Aren’t there box sets like these for all 007 movies, all Beatles songs, or partial box sets of Bowie’s career?

3 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I mean it wouldn’t be the first time an artist did it. Aren’t there box sets like these for all 007 movies, all Beatles songs, or partial box sets of Bowie’s career?

Madonna has roughly 90 singles, a lot of them double vinyl. I never came across a box set that huge. 
Could be done by album/era though