Vote for "Vogue"!

proxy

• Enrico featured this topic
2 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Lil Nas X should probably win, since he's actually gay 

We are talking about anthems here, it doesn't matter the sexuality of the one who did it, but it matters how the LGTBI community embraced it, and I think Vogue was the perfect empowering song of all of them. 

8 hours ago, brank000 said:

I agree..I'll vote cause it's Madonna but "Vogue" doesn't scream gay anthem...

It is a tribute to a gay dance craze.  It is gender bending.  It has all openly gay dancers in the video.  Why doesn't it seem like a gay anthem?

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

It is a tribute to a gay dance craze.  It is gender bending.  It has all openly gay dancers in the video.  Why doesn't it seem like a gay anthem?

I would classify it as a dance anthem (for me) and not a gay anthem. It's more about dancing than "gayness" as she's talking to everyone and not specifically her gay fans.

4 hours ago, brank000 said:

I would classify it as a dance anthem (for me) and not a gay anthem. It's more about dancing than "gayness" as she's talking to everyone and not specifically her gay fans.

It's clear a reference to ballroom culture and the dancefloor for the queer that need a place to feel safe and be themselves.

I think we are so used to listen to it, we forget about it and just pick on :'Let your body move to the music' rather than "Trying to escape the pain of life that you know"

You can't just remove the vogueing culture of the song. It's dance, its queer , its an anthem

8 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I think we are so used to listen to it, we forget about it and just pick on :'Let your body move to the music' rather than "Trying to escape the pain of life that you know"

I took that as the everyday grind. Again, this is just my opinion.

8 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Try to play Vogue on a straight wedding. U will see the wtf faces everywhere. That's enough to consider it as an LGTBI anthem. 

This song was literally played at every wedding I went to in the 90s.

ANYHOW, I love the song. I just don't think it's a gay anthem. lol

On 6/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, EgoRod said:

It's clear a reference to ballroom culture and the dancefloor for the queer that need a place to feel safe and be themselves.

You can't just remove the vogueing culture of the song. It's dance, its queer , its an anthem

You are so Damn right EgoRod!! And I voted for vogue! ?????

• Enrico unfeatured this topic