True Blue/Who's That Girl/Like a Prayer/I'm Breathless/IC TV Performances

Arckangel

This is a question regarding Madonna's 80s and 1990/1991 TV performances. Were there any TV performances for the True BlueWho's That Girl, Like a Prayer and I'm Breathless albums aside from Causing a CommotionExpress Yourself and Vogue at the VMAs? There were lots of performances for The First Album and Like a Virgin (but none that I know of for Crazy for You, Gambler and Spotlight).

I do remember seeing a short clip of a La Isla Bonita performance at some point, and it looked like it was not from the Who's That Girl Tour. It must have been filmed in 1987; I've never ever been able to find it anywhere. Anybody seen it?

And finally, were there any TV performances of Justify My Love or Rescue Me ?

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

She opened the 1993 VMA's with Bye Bye Baby

According to choreographer Alex Magno, he wanted to do "Justify My Love" or "The Beast Within" on MTV, but Madonna decided that they might be too controversial for live television and abandoned the idea. Nevertheless, "Bye Bye Baby" was chosen and performed with the choreography they had been practicing for The Girlie Show World Tour, since it represented the whole idea behind the tour

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

She opened the 1993 VMA's with Bye Bye Baby

According to choreographer Alex Magno, he wanted to do "Justify My Love" or "The Beast Within" on MTV, but Madonna decided that they might be too controversial for live television and abandoned the idea. Nevertheless, "Bye Bye Baby" was chosen and performed with the choreography they had been practicing for The Girlie Show World Tour, since it represented the whole idea behind the tour

Justify My Love would have been epic.

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

This is a question regarding Madonna's 80s and 1990/1991 TV performances. Were there any TV performances for the True BlueWho's That Girl, Like a Prayer and I'm Breathless albums aside from Causing a CommotionExpress Yourself and Vogue at the VMAs? There were lots of performances for The First Album and Like a Virgin (but none that I know of for Crazy for You, Gambler and Spotlight).

I do remember seeing a short clip of a La Isla Bonita performance at some point, and it looked like it was not from the Who's That Girl Tour. It must have been filmed in 1987; I've never ever been able to find it anywhere. Anybody seen it?

And finally, were there any TV performances of Justify My Love or Rescue Me ?

Waht you saw was probably a SNL skit where she is dressed like La Isla Bonita, Youtube blocks it if you upload it in HQ, hence only crappy quality