Drowned World Tour 2001 - 20 Years

nito84bcn

Along with The Girlie Show, it's my favorite tour from her. I love everything about it: the setlist, the arrangements, the outfits and the leaked soundboard is...magic. I'm a bit envious of you who attended the show, you were so lucky! I'd have given everything I have to be there...

20  years old and still so modern, it didn't age at all.

2 hours ago, Bermu said:

June 9th, 2001
My very first Madonna Live Experience as well...
20 years... I can't even.... :lord:

Vr2vbCvt_o.jpg

(A pic with my shitty cheap analog camera during Ray of Light, I think)

I had good seats, but obviously is not the same energy as on the main floor... A friend of me told me that he literally was floating during Ray Of Light, because his feet didn't touch the floor because of the craziness of the overcrowded main area. Your pic made me remember that! 

Ahhh that's so cool, Drowned World was the first tour I saw on TV (Live on HBO) when I was a fresh fan and to this day I love the stage setup, the setlist (even though it doesn't have practically any old hits), the production value in it... there are just so magical moments in this tour! Somebody told me recently that the stage was actually designed by an architect or something unlike any other tours, hence the amazing layout, no wonder!

And speaking of Barcelona, I went to the MDNA Tour there (both nights) and as I was arriving there, all I was thinking was how this is the Iconic place where she opened the DWT and how everybody were dying to see how this new Madonna show would be after the 8 years gap! Of course, the St Jordi Olympic venue is just so freaking gorgeous and so well built, the architecture is incredible! Plus, got to see the olympic pool where Kylie recorded her Slow video hahaha.

396875_10151134887985390_1721961375_n.jpg

P1080563.jpg

P1130523.JPG

P1130319.JPG

15 minutes ago, anton5000 said:

Ahhh that's so cool, Drowned World was the first tour I saw on TV (Live on HBO) when I was a fresh fan and to this day I love the stage setup, the setlist (even though it doesn't have practically any old hits), the production value in it... there are just so magical moments in this tour! Somebody told me recently that the stage was actually designed by an architect or something unlike any other tours, hence the amazing layout, no wonder!

And speaking of Barcelona, I went to the MDNA Tour there (both nights) and as I was arriving there, all I was thinking was how this is the Iconic place where she opened the DWT and how everybody were dying to see how this new Madonna show would be after the 8 years gap! Of course, the St Jordi Olympic venue is just so freaking gorgeous and so well built, the architecture is incredible! Plus, got to see the olympic pool where Kylie recorded her Slow video hahaha.

396875_10151134887985390_1721961375_n.jpg

P1080563.jpg

P1130523.JPG

P1130319.JPG

I didn't find the energy on MDNA as good as on DWT opening night. I think is because big event tours were more common in 2012, and also it wasn't an opening night... also Ray of light and Music were masterpieces and MDNA was... well... MDNA... lol 

42 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I didn't find the energy on MDNA as good as on DWT opening night. I think is because big event tours were more common in 2012, and also it wasn't an opening night... also Ray of light and Music were masterpieces and MDNA was... well... MDNA... lol 

Haha, well MDNA was still a good tour production wise! Justify My Love interlude and Vogue... at least better than what came next lol! But yeah, I agree, DWT must've been much more intense and amazing since it was a novelty, Madonna touring first time in a long time and of course, nothing can compare the energy of an Opening night... I went to the opening of Rebel Heart in Montreal and wow... the expectation, the excitement, people from all over the world, fan parties, etc... hehe.

Time has been kind to this tour.

When you look back on the setlist

1. Drowned World
  2. Ray Of Light
  3. Beautiful Stranger
  4. Frozen
  5. Music
  6. Don't Tell Me
  7. Human Nature
  8. Holiday
  9. La Isla Bonita
  10. What It Feels Like For A Girl
  11. Secret

On the night however I felt robbed of hits I tell thee. It's definitely a place in time. 

How has it been 20 years!!!

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Time has been kind to this tour.

When you look back on the setlist

1. Drowned World
  2. Ray Of Light
  3. Beautiful Stranger
  4. Frozen
  5. Music
  6. Don't Tell Me
  7. Human Nature
  8. Holiday
  9. La Isla Bonita
  10. What It Feels Like For A Girl
  11. Secret

On the night however I felt robbed of hits I tell thee. It's definitely a place in time. 

How has it been 20 years!!!

Let's not forget the first time we saw her create a whole new video just for the tour (Paradise (Not For Me) which was super cool & beautiful & also the U.S. cities that got to hear the amazing You'll See performance in place of Gone that was one of the most amazing things about this tour if you managed to witness it live! Great show!!! It will always have a special place in my heart. I even love hearing how different Nobody's Perfect sounds in each city the vocoder was always different some nights it seemed to be going haywire LOL but others it sounded gorgeous! LOVE DWT!!!! 

Wow I am so emotional. 20 YEARS of one of MADONNA'S BEST TOURS and my 2nd favorite Madonna tour ever! You've got to be kidding if you don't think so! 

I am so in love and have been so obsessed with DWT 2001 since I first saw it on video when I was 12 in 2003! God... like I had said before, it feels like a cosmic journey into the depths of the Universe just with the opening and the first section alone! 

Vocals, punk attitude, stage presence, costumes (that coveted European leg look!), set, lighting (huge deal!), choreography... and just overall mystic yet futuristic atmosphere. There's also something emotionally dark about it!

I am so happy to be part of the minority that thinks DWT 2001 is far superior than the cliche Blond Ambition Tour 1990.

This is one of my favorite parts of the entire tour, the transition from DWT/SFL to Impressive Instant... it looks as if she's ascending into a mothership! Wow

madonna-drowned-world-tour-barcelona.jpg

5 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

all the fans asking for it to be uploaded to streaming, can we get HBO to re-air it?

Nahhh foo

We need the full video of Barcelona or one of the European shows to be leaked by one of the members on here ugh! Like I said, I am willing to donate up to $5,000 :rainbow:

• 3 weeks later...