Is IDSIF her best song since Confessions?

When I first heard this song, my jaw dropped. There's something just so uplifting about this track that doesn't get old. 

WHY was this not the first single from Madame X? Had she led with this and the spy theme, followed by God Control, she would have had a fair amount of audience return (okay, at least the gays lol).

It's criminal that this song will probably never get the proper recognition in her discography that it deserves. 

Like, imagine this had been released around Super Bowl time? Vogue into IDSIF? Another solid Madonna hit, guaranteed.

Sigh...sometimes I feel like all the good parts of Madonna 2005-onwards are secrets to all but the fanbase. She's still got it in her to release incredible music but doesn't choose to promote it to the masses for reasons that will never make sense.

Anyways....finally enough love.

It's a great song but nothing extraordinary and not very representative of the record to be first single. Medellín worked just fine being that and opening a very diverse sounding album.

Madonna could have come up with something as good as Vogue, LAP or Hung Up in 2019 and the results would still be the same. 

Definitely one of my faves from Madame X but I don't see any hit potential in this song. I think the single choices for Madame X were okay. IDSIF doesn't represent the album at all... I think there's is no song that could represent all of it, it has a lot going on so... Medellín worked good to introduce us in the experimental-world-sound of Madame X I guess. 

2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Sigh...sometimes I feel like all the good parts of Madonna 2005-onwards are secrets to all but the fanbase. She's still got it in her to release incredible music but doesn't choose to promote it to the masses for reasons that will never make sense.

I totally agree with you. After 2009 looks like the best songs are hidden on the albums for the general public. After Hard Candy I can't understand the singles choice.

its a cool tune despite it is sounds much more like a dropped abandoned Mirwais song - like she is in a supporting role.

those stutterings work for french singers in a french chanson setting.

just my opinion tho.

it also sounds like an unfinished unpolished demo.

madame x generally gives me a very lazy self-indulgent vibe.

she wanted to sound like piece of me - so she did the whole thing like it.

:eyes: