Is IDSIF her best song since Confessions?

It's always sounded like an unfinished demo for me. The beats sound a little cheap?

I love the Monsieur Adi remix though, which I can't find on YouTube anymore.

I definitely would have taken it over GMAYL at the Superbowl though. That performance, for me, begins and ends with "Vogue". It's goes from her looking like the queen of the god damn universe to drunk soccer mom at the wedding reception real quick. Any set list she would have had between '90 and '08 would have been flawless, start to finish.

4 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I like it but it's not as good as other songs she's released and it seriously needed a well-written chorus. And I probably would have preferred it if it didn't sound so similar to Vogue, it actually sounds dated. But I still like it better than other songs 

The first time I heard it it reminded me of her dub remixes from the early 90’s

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I love this song, I really do. But the lyrics are ripped off from Peaky Blinders almost word for word.

On top of that I think there’s been many songs better than this since Confessions. It doesn’t sound like a hit to me at all. More like a cool album track.

That's interesting re: lyrics -- Elaborate?

I love it  - love the 90s throwback sound and think it is Madonna in the lane she sits best in - uptempo electronic dance music but more 90's house than the trash generic EDM sound . Love the vibe and sound of it but not sure it's her best actual song since  Confessions but the production and sound felt like the sort of music that she does best  - not urban, hip hop, rap, EDM, trap etc which is what we have mainly had since Confessions. I think it's her first proper house sounding track since Confessions?  Yeah I think it should have been a single even though it does not represent the album well, but neither did Vogue for I'm Breathless.  I think the Honey Dijon mixes came far too late when the album had already sunk I think maybe those mixes as a B side to the lead single or as a second single would have been good  - is hard to know why tracks actually were singles on the last album.  I think really only Medellin and Crave got the full single treatment with a video and remixes? 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, Blue Jean said:

The first time I heard it it reminded me of her dub remixes from the early 90’s

That's why I love it so much.  It fits right in with the Rescue Me/Erotica album and all the fantastic remixes from 90--93.  It's a brilliant, shit-hot slice of dance house with a feature from Dita instead of some dude who no one will remember in 5 years ala that guy from Future whose name I can't even be assed to recall right now.  I love Madame X.  Hell, I love all her albums and how each one has its own feel.  I even have affection for bits of Hard Candy, which IMO, is a crap record, but repect to you if it's yr jam.  But IDSIF is fucking hot.  It's one of the brightest jewels in the crown that is Madame X.

It's the song I avoid returning to but once I do it's kinda rewarding. It is mostly the slow burning first minutes of the song that torture me, after that it gets better. Definitely not the best on the album or from her later career. If I want to revisit her 90's tunes with a modern twist, I'd rather listen to Best Night instead.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:21 AM, eXtremeOccident said:

When I first heard this song, my jaw dropped. There's something just so uplifting about this track that doesn't get old. 

WHY was this not the first single from Madame X? Had she led with this and the spy theme, followed by God Control, she would have had a fair amount of audience return (okay, at least the gays lol).

It's criminal that this song will probably never get the proper recognition in her discography that it deserves. 

Like, imagine this had been released around Super Bowl time? Vogue into IDSIF? Another solid Madonna hit, guaranteed.

Sigh...sometimes I feel like all the good parts of Madonna 2005-onwards are secrets to all but the fanbase. She's still got it in her to release incredible music but doesn't choose to promote it to the masses for reasons that will never make sense.

Anyways....finally enough love.

True, but at least it was released as a single and got the remix treatment. Faz Gostoso remained album-locked, and all those "Waiting for Anitta" teasers never materialized.