POLL: Madonna The Show Girl In Vegas?

Voguerista

Do you like the thought of Madonna doing a Vegas Show instead of touring??  

58 members voted

1. 1. Do you like the thought of Madonna doing a Vegas Show instead of touring??

• YES!! Please explain.
    • NO!! Please explain.

Do you like the thought of Madonna doing a Vegas Show instead of touring?? If so, would it be successful? 

I think it would be hugely successful. It's something she's never done before. Plus, now that she's older and one of her homes is in L.A., I wonder if she's entertaining the thought? I would love it....especailly if a Greatest Hits is in the works?  

Voted yes, probably against the majority here and because I am feeling contrarian. Reason being I saw MX in Vegas, the night she was on after midnight and in a stroppy mood. Was in Vegas to see Gaga, who cancelled the night before. After all the cancel shenanigans of MX tour (Was cancelled on again in Paris, and lost many fingernails with stress or whether she would or would not come on), I can see the benefit of having Madonna in one place, so you can see her multiple times, and see other shows if she is sick. Especially for those of us who have to travel.

But, yeah, that aside, I would prefer a tour, that is logistically organised with Madonna in fighting fit health!

1 hour ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

No. Why? Because i hate the thought of visiting Las Vegas.

Also having it firmly planted in an american city feels a bit alienating towards her fans outside the US. That being said i don't hate the thought of two residencies in maybe New York and London? 

Same thought but make it a full tour with multiple stops instead of a two city residency. 

She literally just did residencies for Madame X and Vegas isn’t what it used to be in those terms. 
much younger stars have started doing shows there so it’s not the artistic graveyard it was famed for. 
I could actually see her doing it for an extended period but she would do it her way and if she was doing a greatest hits show she would no doubt be able to change the songs regularly … she has so many damn hits .. and showcase a few new songs. 
This would keep her interested and she wouldn’t be too far from home.

The show could be filmed including all the new numbers and streamed as a proper greatest hits show with literally loads and loads of songs. Maybe even interactive.

It could be a really great idea and specifically if she wanted to make one of the nights a pay per view concert like Dua Lipa and Kylie did. 

I don’t think she should rule it out. 

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She literally just did residencies for Madame X and Vegas isn’t what it used to be in those terms. 
much younger stats have started doing shows there so it’s not the artistic graveyard it was famed for. 
I could actually see her doing it for an extended period but she would do it her way and if she was doing a greatest hits show she would no doubt be able to change the songs regularly … she has so many damn hits .. and showcase a few new songs. 
This would keep her interested and she wouldn’t be too far from home.

The show could be filmed including all the new numbers and streamed as a proper greatest hits show with literally loads and loads of songs. Maybe even interactive.

It could be a really great idea and specifically if she wanted to make one of the nights a pay per view concert like Dua Lipa and Kylie did. 

I don’t think she should rule it out. 

I voted no but then I read your comment. Actually this doesn't sound bad

I believe Madame X Tour was a kind of transition from the big tours for residence in small venue. A transition for her and the fans. It´s clear she doesn´t have the same energy that we saw in the MDNA and Sticky & Sweet tours. And that´s ok!  And traveling is so exhausting... So I guess that she will do a residence show, but I think (and hope) this will be in New York instead of Vegas

I voted yes, but I would more strongly agree with a MXT situation. Less cities but more dates. But don’t know about just Vegas. Less travel expenses though. And less strain on her physically, mentally, or emotionally which all in question in the tours since MDNA. Her tours are adjusting to her in awkward ways that may or may not healthy for her. I find it odd that a check up didn’t reveal the issue with her joints ahead of time. My mom can walk into an appointment and be fine and be warned about her arthritis that’s starting and she may not have felt quite yet. 

but... this residency would need a new album, and a good compilation that is justified (obviously). We don’t need GHV2 or Celebration style. Immaculate gave us remixes that were nice of some singles. Either do a full dance comp or something snazzy. I’d personally call it Superpop, build a residency show that can tell a good story through old and new songs. I’d request she include Atlanta or Charlotte for the residency locations. Lol, South Carolina is far off from the cities that she choice last round. I did Philly but I’d rather not again. Beautiful city though, if anyone from here lives there.

It's not even that. Picture This.

A journey back to Warners

The singles discography and the video being upgraded and uploaded to digital platforms

a pending Greatest Hits and a Greatest Hits tour to bolster affection and attention for the upcoming biopic...which is at least 2 years away...

What if this was already planned and signed and sealed but has not been scuppered for obvious reasons.

A world tour is so off the cards now with the pandemic for ...and I'll bet on this...at least another year maybe two. 

A vegas residency is literally a great way for her to avoid the perils of touring during covid while still making coin. It's the perfect reason to try this format. as is the pay per view. 

She's already downsized with Madame X.

I don't see the problem. If anything it's a plus. 

If she's going to do a true 'Greatest Hits' type show, she's going to tour it. There's massive money to be made with that.

Pandemic aside, once touring is able to resume to as close to normal as possible (in a couple years, probably), I don't see why she wouldn't continue to do so in the future, as plenty of other acts older than her already do. At the very least she has a couple more large-scale arena/stadium shows left in her. Now to sell it, she most likely will have to pull out the hits for it, but at this point, it's befitting. And she doesn't necessarily need to physically dance as hard as those previous tours. They can choreograph and stage great numbers, and design a beautiful, stunning show, without having her all over the place.

That being said, I think she will continue to explore the theater route to satisfy her more personal live artistic endeavors.