Madonna PRIDE 2021

rafaelfroner

Maybe because there's always been some sense of male fragility aura around the indie/underground scene.

She's been always pop. Don't forget that the idea of Pop has been changing with times.

She can't be Indie or underground because she was never and independent , unsigned artist doing promos on a basement with a tape recorder.

Right now Madonna's Like a Virgin, like a Prayer , even Ray of Light is highly appreciated in the music scene, media, magazines. Rolling Stones, Radio times and several of those vacuum list of the best records in history they spit every other year.

Also I think is not well constructed think of a 'gay scene' or following as small group of queers listening to Britney, topless and dancing to tribal in a club.

There are gays of every form and taste and spectrum.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Also I think is not well constructed think of a 'gay scene' or following as small group of queers listening to Britney, topless and dancing to tribal in a club.

There gays of every form and taste and spectrum.

Of course there are gays of all sorts of taste. But the ones attendees of gay clubs are way less diverse than that. The same can be said about people attending pride events, at least here in Europe. It's basically another occasion for people to get together, celebrate and get drunk. Not that there's anything wrong with that but you meet an overly diverse group of gays at a pride event as many people have recognized that at least in the Western world, pride events have become less and less political and are instead rather used as an economical tool. Or do you really believe big companies participate in pride month out of philanthropy? Most express their support of the LGBTQ+-community because they know that this is a group of people who are often quite well off so lots of products can be sold to them. 

16 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

Of course there are gays of all sorts of taste. But the ones attendees of gay clubs are way less diverse than that. The same can be said about people attending pride events, at least here in Europe. It's basically another occasion for people to get together, celebrate and get drunk. Not that there's anything wrong with that but you meet an overly diverse group of gays at a pride event as many people have recognized that at least in the Western world, pride events have become less and less political and are instead rather used as an economical tool. Or do you really believe big companies participate in pride month out of philanthropy? Most express their support of the LGBTQ+-community because they know that this is a group of people who are often quite well off so lots of products can be sold to them. 

I'm lost. Not sure what you are replying to.

My comment was regarding your statement about Madonna losing a third of followers that were no on the gay scene.

It's dangerous to make statements without actual figures and based on general assumptions.

I'm marching with Trans Pride next week, so I did last year and I was supporting Black Pride and I will be this year. People were with banners chanting and asking for rights. People were giving speeches, everything was pretty political and supporting the community. I'm familiar with the pink dollar power and all of that but it has nothing to do with Madonna being a pop artist.

Not really sure where your conversation is aiming to.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

She did tears of a clown.

This album came at the same time than the pandemic was taking over.

So many of the shows were affected and probably some of the promotional planned.

I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a VIP event at the Boom Boom Room, with those DJs during Pride with some special appearance doing Like a Prayer, God Control and Vogue and a bit more of Madam X.

Selling some memorabilia or more Polaroids and collecting money for some LGTBQ+  cause.

And that's it..like the MET show but during PRIDE and for the selected few. Then she will be back into her palace

She can’t perform there. The space is way to small for that. All she can do there is hang out in a secured VIP booth and hang out by the DJ table. 

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

She can’t perform there. The space is way to small for that. All she can do there is hang out in a secured VIP booth and hang out by the DJ table. 

That sounds like something she will do thou :)

Maybe some video preview and Dj sets with versions/mixes of her hits?

1 hour ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

While she’s always been supportive of the gay community she’s always been a main stream artist though. Except for one promo performance during Confessions she’s always promoted her stuff in the middle of the mainstream. And she had to as she was not only the queen of gay disco but the queen of pop who managed to appeal to all sorts of people. 
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love her to do such a performance as long as it’s not another cringe-fest her karaoke-esque Coachella-performance with Drake was.
But for an artist of her calibre I don’t want her to shy away into the gay scene just because the number of her fans there is higher than elsewhere. She finally needs to get her stuff together and appeal to the masses again. She’s had such a huge non-gay fan base for two thirds of her career and she’s lost them entirely. She’s not some sort of indie artist, she’s a mainstream artist. And she has to act like one again. Because quite frankly, no one beats her if she’s playing with the masses. she’s the best then. But among all indie/underground artists, she doesn’t stick out particularly well.  

I noticed that after Prince, David Bowie and George Michael died the general public has a new appreciation for artists like Madonna. If anything I feel like younger straight people like her more than than younger gay people. 
There’s a lot of things now that work in her favor like streaming and this vinyl trend. Also her extravagant video and performances catalogue are a gold mine for all these YouTube reaction videos. 
Her only problem is keeping current and I think she has a major management issue. 
Looking at the Madame X era one can clearly tell that her and guy Oseary are completely out of touch. 
If she wants to have real mainstream success again she needs to get a better manager and take notes from Mariah Carey. She needs a very aggressive nostalgia campaign where all her old stuff is re-released, re-mastered, re-recorded, re everything a million times and then when she puts something new out the general public will pay attention.

21 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

That sounds like something she will do thou :)

Maybe some video preview and Dj sets with versions/mixes of her hits?

What doesn’t make sense to me is if she’s doing something there it will be a very small event, and I mean very. With no performance on her end. So why would she hype that so much? 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Looking at the Madame X era one can clearly tell that her and guy Oseary are completely out of touch. 

What I mentioned before about being offered some work. I can talk about it because It never went through and they didn't make me sign any NDA. But confirms this.

They want to do some NFTs for Madonna, lots of designs like paper dolls were you can put different hair, clothes, poses and backgrounds. The people that scout me find my illustrations of Madonna and wanted me to do it.

We prepare some samples and work I had, to pitch to Guy the other week.  He said what he (they) want is something like Warhol art, similar to Celebration. Crappy vectorial art that now you can make with some IG filters.

For all of the artist and creatives they could be doing work with. They 're heading for some generic pieces that can be edit on your mobile.

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What doesn’t make sense to me is if she’s doing something there it will be a very small event, and I mean very. With no performance on her end. So why would she hype that so much? 

Yeah I agree, I've never been and I'm not familiar about it apart from pictures

42 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I noticed that after Prince, David Bowie and George Michael died the general public has a new appreciation for artists like Madonna. If anything I feel like younger straight people like her more than than younger gay people. 
There’s a lot of things now that work in her favor like streaming and this vinyl trend. Also her extravagant video and performances catalogue are a gold mine for all these YouTube reaction videos. 
Her only problem is keeping current and I think she has a major management issue. 
If she wants to have real mainstream success again she needs to get a better manager and take notes from Mariah Carey. She needs a very aggressive nostalgia campaign where all her old stuff is re-released, re-mastered, re-recorded, re everything a million times and then when she puts something new out the general public will pay attention.

Guy orchestrated several remaster campaigns for his other clients U2 so bashing him is misdirected. He's well capable.

38 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

Remember these? I think is safer to bet on another appearance like these than a performance of any kind...

img-340993-madonna.jpg

image.png.1d7f28ac42f32915a4210436d1434049.png

Girl we aren’t in the trash MDNA era anymore. She’s actually passionate about Madame X and will probably have something cool to show

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Guy orchestrated several remaster campaigns for his other clients U2 so bashing him is misdirected. He's well capable.

And how successful is that? How many people from the younger crowd are fawning over U2 these days?

Madonna is way more “current” than U2. 

Honestly I don’t give a crap about her “current relevance” as long as I love her projects. But she seems to care about that a lot. And her marketing is totally failing. Guy is not managing her at all. He’s just executing what she wants to do. If she’s gonna be in the spotlight again she needs a manager that’s in touch and actually manages her career.

Even Lady Gaga managed to reclaim her fame by not doing much and being totally subpar. Madonna is way more creative and has a much stronger foundation but it’s just not being used to its full potential.

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Girl we aren’t in the trash MDNA era anymore. She’s actually passionate about Madame X and will probably have something cool to show

Yeah but if the venue is the boom boom room there’s literally no way she can do anything else.
I hope whatever this is, it’s cool imagery and music. 

All of her recent pics are shot in/near a sound/video building. The same one she screened the Madame X Film with that group of people the other day. So unless she is still screening the film over and over and over, which I doubt, there is going to be a video aspect to what she is doing at Pride. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic