• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, diegolcl said:

img-340993-madonna.jpg

image.png.1d7f28ac42f32915a4210436d1434049.png

That is what we will get. More or less.

Madonna blinging and mingling with DJs who play her remixed dance stuff for gheys, while video screens show Madonna's new pics and casual clips (faux music videos) where she dances. Madonna doing speech. And probably God Control  performance video being shown  or anything related to Madame X tour video. Some celebs being present and  a couple of ghey fans. 

Basically, just a party. Why some of her people hype it and announce as something "spectacular" and "something she has never done" is a mystery. 

I understand they want to hype it, like anything else, but they shouldn't go too far, because if fans expect too much, it would be a huge disappointment if it turns out to be just a party.

1 hour ago, Justice said:

That is what we will get. More or less.

Madonna blinging and mingling with DJs who play her remixed dance stuff for gheys, while video screens show Madonna's new pics and casual clips (faux music videos) where she dances. Madonna doing speech. And probably God Control  performance video being shown  or anything related to Madame X tour video. Some celebs being present and  a couple of ghey fans. 

Basically, just a party. Why some of her people hype it and announce as something "spectacular" and "something she has never done" is a mystery. 

I understand they want to hype it, like anything else, but they shouldn't go too far, because if fans expect too much, it would be a huge disappointment if it turns out to be just a party.

I’ll delete her music

Phone Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Crazy that 23 years ago was the ROL performance at Roxy, (then just a few short  blocks away from the Standard). The same place she would show up at 7 years later for Confessions. Same night she went to Misshapes, who remixed "Jump", and are a part of this, in possibly the same room she shot "Bitch, I'm Madonna". Right near the old s&m clubs she shot photos for the Sex book. Sound Factory, The Piers....As much as the Lower East Side is part of her legend, so is that area of Chelsea/West Village. Carry on.

1 minute ago, SecretGarden said:

Maybe she has finally made a music video for Candy Shop.....

Boom boom set list of:

Candy shop video premiere >>> death to the patriarchy speech >>> candy shop live encore with twins dancing backdrop

Don't forget the surprise release of the Candy Shop EP:

1. Candy Shop

2. Candy Shop (Sugar Is Raw Acoustic Mix)

3. Candy Shop (Candy Galore Dub)

4. Candy Shop (Turkish Delight and So Much More Extended Mix)

5. Candy Shop (Boy Toy Mix) (featuring Ahlamalik)

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

And how successful is that? How many people from the younger crowd are fawning over U2 these days?

Madonna is way more “current” than U2. 

Honestly I don’t give a crap about her “current relevance” as long as I love her projects. But she seems to care about that a lot. And her marketing is totally failing. Guy is not managing her at all. He’s just executing what she wants to do. If she’s gonna be in the spotlight again she needs a manager that’s in touch and actually manages her career.

Even Lady Gaga managed to reclaim her fame by not doing much and being totally subpar. Madonna is way more creative and has a much stronger foundation but it’s just not being used to its full potential.

Have you seen the tour receipts from their last 2 tours (2017 & 2018)? I would say that sums up how well their recent campaigns have gone. Even if they passed you by.

Madonna is the one calling the shots, as you said. Guy implements her vision. She decides that she wants to spend a year  of her time editing a concert. She decides she wants to look like a doll. She decides to do a dud performance in front of an entire continent. He has no power over any of these choices it seems.

Gaga is in her 30s still, she'll get away with doing shit for a while yet. Madonna is more creative but also more contrary than most people in the pop game.

My point is, blaming Guy for decisions that are beyond him is unfair. As someone who works with artists myself, sometimes there is only so much you can do. As the saying goes "When things are going great, the artist is a legend. When things are going badly, blame the manager".

Im voting for a Born This Way Duet as part of the gaga 10yr anniversary -  There's 2 tracks left that need to come out that artists havent been announced for yet. It would be the be all end all Pride statement track with two epic powerhouses and the ultimate squashing of their reductive beef.

and there's 4  remixes by the djs shes listed ALL of whom are fresh and am so excited shes chosen them - eli escobar is my personal fave from the list and Kaytranada (done tons of Rihanna mixes and is a solo dj/artist).  

id be happy w this.

A

10 minutes ago, AModSquad said:

Im voting for a Born This Way Duet as part of the gaga 10yr anniversary -  There's 2 tracks left that need to come out that artists havent been announced for yet. It would be the be all end all Pride statement track with two epic powerhouses and the ultimate squashing of their reductive beef.

I don’t think my little gay body would be able to handle that… however BTW was already covered in this anniversary. Unless she pulls out all the stops. And by all the stops I mean M lol. Why would she do this? I don’t see her being interested in anything like this. But something tells me they were both in on the drama mama together. 

All in all, this would blow my mf mind. I’d gag. All over that.

1 hour ago, AModSquad said:

and there's 4  remixes by the djs shes listed ALL of whom are fresh and am so excited shes chosen them - eli escobar is my personal fave from the list and Kaytranada (done tons of Rihanna mixes and is a solo dj/artist).  

id be happy w this.

A

BTW was already released by Orville Peck. And there’s only one version on the reimagined CD.

OMG, I would love the BTW version, but really doubt we would get it, given LG already has a version, but any other cover of Madonna doing LG would be amazing. I'm realistically hoping for the GC mixes and a special performance that we can stream or watch later. Pie in the sky is a new album with Pat Leonard.....

40 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

OMG, I would love the BTW version, but really doubt we would get it, given LG already has a version, but any other cover of Madonna doing LG would be amazing. I'm realistically hoping for the GC mixes and a special performance that we can stream or watch later. Pie in the sky is a new album with Pat Leonard.....

A new arrangement of a dance BTW/EY would seriously end me. My dinner parties would have that on repeat. Croque Monsieur with a side of BTW/EY on repeat Jesus SOS party

Unfortunately, the God Control remixes EP seems to me a realistic idea.

I can't see her performing live or introducing a new song. Hope I'm wrong.

If you think there's too much hype to be just this, remember they did the same for mdnaskin ads or for a fake HD video on youtube.

They could accompany the remixes with a preview of the MXT video. The full opening GC performance. After all, this is what she's been working on in these past months.

27 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Unfortunately, the God Control remixes EP seems to me a realistic idea.

I can't see her performing live or introducing a new song. Hope I'm wrong.

If you think there's too much hype to be just this, remember they did the same for mdnaskin ads or for a fake HD video on youtube.

They could accompany the remixes with a preview of the MXT video. The full opening GC performance. After all, this is what she's been working on in these past months.

But why would they promote God Control remixes using a remix of Future Lovers?!? 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic