Madonna PRIDE 2021

rafaelfroner

19 minutes ago, evolution said:

I’m not sure if everyone knows but that bar is actually tiny and has a capacity of 50 people from what a friend told me in NYC. So the bar isn’t equipped for a live show. This entire thing was for charity. Apparently from what Dazed is saying it raised $100,000 for lgbtq+ charities. So if anyone else can do better I am sure they would love to hear from you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/53323/1/madonna-starring-nyc-pride-party-raises-100-000-for-lgbtq-organisations%3famp=1

She could have downloaded the instrumental version of Hung Up from this forum, though, rather than mumbling along to the album version. ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is the real problem: "MY REAL MADONNA" (Express Yourself, Rescue Me...) exists only in one point of time and space, and she is gone forever to be "YOUR MADONNA" or "OTHER MADONNA".

I mean, in 1986 hardcore fans wanted "Like A Virgin 2" Madonna, but she gave them "Live To Tell" and "Papa Don't Preach".  She gained new fans and she started to be hated by her own fans. The same in 1992. Many fans wanted "Express Yourself 2" or "Vogue 2" Madonna, but she gave us "Erotica" or "Bad Girl". Again, she gained new fans and she started to be hated by her own fans. And the same happened with Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA, etc, etc, etc. 

There is no one Madonna, every era has a new Madonna, with new fans (who loves "Bitch, I'm Madonna", and hate "Like A Prayer" album) and old fans turned in haters (Who loved "Like A Virgin", but hated "Vogue").

This is why I still love her and enjoy her music. Because I don't expect "My real Madonna" (from 1986 to 1993) again. Just a new Madonna with new songs to be enjoyed. At this point my reaction is always "I love this era" or "I don't care about this era too much, waiting for the next" but I still love her (she give me new music every two or three years).

Another thing to consider is that in the 90s and for most of her career  she was very strict about her public image. Everything was very planned and choreographed.
As we can see in TOD she was doing the same stuff but very privately.

The bitch is in her sixties and has done and seen it all. Her legacy is a sealed deal by now so she can let loose and have fun!

I don’t get why people judge this event as if it’s some sort of a major career landmark. It’s a little party she put together to have fun with her friends and get up on the bar and perform just for FUN. It’s ridiculous how some people expected her to recreate the Blond Ambition tour in such a setting.

And we’re all lucky enough she’s still got her youthful energy and was comfortable enough to allow a handful of fans to party with her.  

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Another thing to consider is that in the 90s and for most of her career  she was very strict about her public image. Everything was very planned and choreographed.
As we can see in TOD she was doing the same stuff but very privately.

The bitch is in her sixties and has done and seen it all. Her legacy is a sealed deal by now so she can let loose and have fun!

I don’t get why people judge this event as if it’s some sort of a major career landmark. It’s a little party she put together to have fun with her friends and get up on the bar and perform just for FUN. It’s ridiculous how some people expected her to recreate the Blond Ambition tour in a small club setting.

And we’re all lucky enough she’s still got her youthful energy and was comfortable enough to allow a handful of fans to party with her.  

Besides, I have a suspicion that Madonna is not overthinking it like a bunch of us.

I will say that I’m glad she’s acknowledging IDSIF as the standout gay dance track from Madame X, especially after my last thread that got such negative reception. See, even she knows it’s on Vogue and Hung Up level :lol:

Wonder if it’ll make it to the next tour.

A house album in the vein of all the songs at this appearance, along with the side bangs look would be fab. This may be an unpopular opinion, but maybe it’s time for her to finally embrace going platinum gray and shutting up the haters with an “old” look that can still dance like hell and look freakin good as well (but…maybe without the tits out…)

2 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Besides, I have a suspicion that Madonna is not overthinking it like a bunch of us.

Of course not!

Gotta give the bitch credit lol. She films a silly video in her living room and decides to have it projected all over Times Square ???

She knows how to show up!

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Is this 1993 and people just watched The Girlie Show?

...Im confused. People's comments sound the same...

The Girlie Show was a perfectly executed live experience with great instrumentation, great vocals and great choreography. None of that could be seen the other night. But then again, a world tour is not an appearance at a bar. 

1 hour ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

You know that a forum is not a place where everybody has to share your opinion,. right? it's a place for uttering different opinions and for discussing them. If you cannot stand that then maybe this really isn't the best place for you.

Hi, i did not @ you, that means i'm not interested in you or your opinion otherwise i would have had. Be free to do the same with me. I'm ok with people having a different opinion as long as it's not a stupid one. Enjoy ignoreland (not that you're not used to it IRL already. Bye).

50 minutes ago, Angelo said:

And people told me to fuck off for my ironic post about the outfit (not the age)...while other people are saying worst things

and I loved everything about the party

ah...strange fanbase :pop:

People here think they can be toxic as longs as they keep it positive! :Madonna032:

OMG ? I love to bitch and moan about being underwhelmed but this is too much even for me. Let the girl have her fun! The only problem was the hype they tried to create, but let's be real, noone apart from us, fans, knew that anything would happen. They should have kept it as a secret and now everyone would be shook here. 

Some of her fan base are stucked in 1986 ... some in 1990 ... in a perpetual loop ... I don't know what to think.

It always amaze me to see how conservative a part of her fan base is. Wanting her to be polished, clean, las vegas like ... they expect her to be glamourous ... etc. Go see a Cher concert. Or Mylène Farmer for the French base: repeating herself over and over and over ...

How boring.

Last night was refreshing. We are blessed. Thank you Madonna to be free.

We all should be. Release your mind people.

25 minutes ago, InterlacedGeek said:

Some of her fan base are stucked in 1986 ... some in 1990 ... in a perpetual loop ... I don't know what to think.

It always amaze me to see how conservative a part of her fan base is. Wanting her to be polished, clean, las vegas like ... they expect her to be glamourous ... etc. Go see a Cher concert. Or Mylène Farmer for the French base: repeating herself over and over and over ...

How boring.

Last night was refreshing. We are blessed. Thank you Madonna to be free.

We all should be. Release your mind people.

She has done the dominatrix thing over and over though. That thing in her mouth with the red bead wig is a rehash of that rebel heart photo which is a rehash of Erotica. Let's face it, she's stuck in femdom fishnet world.

Not to mention that style chair she's been using since Open Your Heart lol. I liked her appearance at Pride 21 but it wasnt "refreshing."

10 minutes ago, Winn said:

She has done the dominatrix thing over and over though. That thing in her mouth with the red bead wig is a rehash of that rebel heart photo which is a rehash of Erotica. Let's face it, she's stuck in femdom fishnet world.

Not to mention that style chair she's been using since Open Your Heart lol. I liked her appearance at Pride 21 but it wasnt "refreshing."

After what we all went through ... I found it refreshing.

46 minutes ago, Winn said:

How’s the beaded wig a rehash? The styling is not the same, the lighting is not the same, the vibe is not the same. Just because she’s reusing one accessory?!?

The fishnets have been present through her entire career and all her reinventions.

The chair is a staple for any classically trained dancer. It’s been around long before Madonna used it in Open Your Heart. Not to mention it’s the most used prop in photoshoots.

The styling was a new twist on her main brand image. Just like every new look she ever did.

8 minutes ago, Madant said:

What do you think this performance will go down in history as?

Personally, I think it was unnecessary. Both the gig and the video. The look is OK but there again... It's not groundbreaking imho.

Yet... I'm happy as long as M had fun with it.

yeah, sadly the video was pretty artsy-fartsy and sadly had no meaning beyond what the words inserted said. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic