Madonna PRIDE 2021

rafaelfroner

I have to agree with Matthew Rettenmund’s comments. This party is only one of yet another surprise Madonna has presented throughout her career. 
No matter if she filmed this event or not, this is an immediate example of Madonna having a spontaneous spirit, and a willingness to merge (all of) her personalities together. 
But it’s also a perfect example of how she’s *mostly* brought attention to her causes. 
Madonna had brought more attention to LGBTQ+ causes throughout her career, just by either showing up, or laying herself out on a bar. The fact that she wasn’t at all topless, but fully exposed, is a theme through her career as well. 
Her boobs and areolas have been clearly visible for the better part of 40+ years now since the virgin era. Lace, Leather, fishnet, and tulle have been her constant companions  since she began,  and she’s coupled it all with any other style she’s wanted since then. 
Also, I can’t imagine that having gone back through her early New York life in a such a profound way writing the biopic screenplay wouldn’t inspire, or least remind herself, that she IS a rebel that does what she wants. It doesn’t have to be perfect or glamorous. If you look closely through her career, those two traits are hidden behind a wink, or is shattered as soon as she says something Madonna-like. 
It’s why we all love her and why we all still care. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Angelo said:

Kylie Minogue uses the same feathers and paillettes everytime. Also same songs...and nobody cares.

again..this is a very strange fanbase.

The fanbase is not strange. The fanbase is unique because we are very different (different age, different taste in music, etc, etc). 

I personally enjoyed it. The video was cool, thousands were raised for a good cause, fans got a mini performance and M clearly had some fun!

The performance was not meant to be some heavily choreographed spectacle. More of a little performance for people in the bar. Videos from people's phones never look that exceptional of things like this. Understandably so, it's not a stage. And I for one, would've fallen off that narrow bar before the 1st chorus of Hung Up. 

She didn't have to do it, but came out to support. If a bar was good for them, it was good for her. She decided to just support her favorite community and do a little casual performance. She wasn't forced to, she wanted to. Kind of a win/win to me. :Madonna014:

Ever since she first posted about this event and we all fantasized about who knows what and then the meltdowns started as soon as the Times Square projection was happening this thread has been a non stop over the top drama incluiding tits, career, legacy, surgeries and a large etc. Stay tuned for more escándalo.

tumblr_muoe65OCtM1qlvwnco1_500.gif 

Just now, Angelo said:

Kylie Minogue uses the same feathers and paillettes everytime. Also same songs...and nobody cares.

again..this is a very strange fanbase.

Kylie has reused costumes and set pieces lots of times. Her first US tour literally consisted of bits and pieces from her previous tours. But god forbid Madonna wants to reuse an accessory instead of ordering a new one that she might only wear once and never wear again. If we're dragging her for reusing things now after giving us 30 years of constant changing it up, then I expect to see comments about her reusing the platform thing for Hung Up from Confessions for the Live Earth performance or the Norma Kamali black coat she was photographed wearing multiple times from 1989 to 1992.

3 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

Ever since she first posted about this event and we all fantasized about who knows what and then the meltdowns started as soon as the Times Square projection was happening this thread has been a non stop over the top drama incluiding tits, career, legacy, surgeries and a large etc. Stay tuned for more escándalo.

tumblr_muoe65OCtM1qlvwnco1_500.gif 

Fans are free to fantasize as much as they please. But also have common sense and realize Madonna is not obligated to make their fantasies a reality. 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. Some people liked it, some people didn’t. The people who didn’t should be allowed to share their opinion without the toxic positivity. But I think some fans are too fragile to hear criticism about Madonna and they take it like a personal attack.

Agree… but let’s keep it real. People in this thread started shitting on the whole night when, at the stroke of 10 pm, didn’t have a 4K performance with accompanying new music uploaded to their personal phones. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic