Madonna PRIDE 2021

rafaelfroner

7 minutes ago, madonnagreece said:

https://variety.com/2021/scene/news/madonna-pride-surprise-performance-1235005118/

There to raise money for the Ali Forney Center and the Haus of US — two LGBTQ advocacy and support groups — Madonna was joined by Quinto to auction off three original polaroid photographs for $10,000, $25,000 and $25,000 each. Together, the pair raised over $100,000, each pledging a personal donation of $25,000.

https://app.galabid.com/hmiprideoasis/items/

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Sweetie it was a pride party. There a hundreds of them happening all over the city. Mind you, it WASNT a ticketed event. No one said it was suppose to be a show…

Also, the auction was also taking place online. Someone’s going to be buy it no matter what.

I don’t really get your point. How does there being hundreds of pride parties across the city affect any of what I said? It wasn’t a ‘show’ with the sole purpose being to entertain her fans, it was to raise money, so obviously a crowd of wealthy ‘elite’ people being in attendance is going to be of more benefit, sweetie. :Madonna005:

Just now, TwistedRope said:

I don’t really get your point. How does there being hundreds of pride parties across the city affect any of what I said? It wasn’t a ‘show’ with the sole purpose being to entertain her fans, it was to raise money, so obviously a crowd of wealthy ‘elite’ people being in attendance is going to be of more benefit, sweetie. :Madonna005:

The auction was online, sweetie 

24 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s laughable, that this is the woman who is all about “destroy the patriarchy!” and “breaking the system,” yet she threw a pride party for people with blue check marks on Instagram.

While her fans are left to make the trek to the cess pool that is Times Square (which is a ghost town) to watch some silent videos on 20+ screens.

Its elitist, and snobbish. I don’t like that. She should practice what she preaches.

At the end of the day, I love that she did something for Pride. This is a woman who spent 8 yrs married to a homophobe, and didn’t attend any marches, rallies, charities, fundraisers for anything lgbtq+,hiv/aids till the tail end of her crumbling marriage. I’m here for this new Madonna. But the elitist attitude is tacky. She literally put out a video saying that covid was “the great equalizer,” yet here she is, mingling with the bourgeoise, trying to sell some overpriced Polaroids.

That’s my only complaint. I don’t hate the look, and I don’t hate the performance. She’s having fun, and I can’t hate on that.

Wait, what ? I thought people in the club/bar were casual people like me and other fans !! I thought all you had to do is you like to put your name on facebook or go very early to the club and that's it you can go for free. Seems like i got it all wrong. Then who were the people at the gig and could you get in ? Now i really wanna know !

If people here are perceived as negative for stating they didn't enjoy something or anything for a while....why does it matter to the people who loved it? Why are the people who loved it always writing essays, telling people to fuck off, they need medication, they aren't real fans etc? Couldn't you just scroll past them and continue enjoying? No one has stopped any of you from enjoying anything. 

I haven't enjoyed much from her in the past few years. But there's also about 25 years worth of material I would agree with you is flawless. So now what?

It's FUN that people have different opinions about everything this lady does. 

I love watching all the clips! She looks fabulous with that hairstyle and body-ody-ody! High ART! Especially after the past year of isolation and anxiety, this art performance and appearance gives me hope. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next! All the aesthetics were on point.

I think Madonna is doing great in her capacity to facilitate an event between those who can donate easily to charities and those in need of help. Especially following the past year, charity work is needed!

I also do think that more can be done.

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The auction was online, sweetie 

That’s as well as the in person auction… There are literally videos of them auctioning the Polaroids and her talking to a man who gets his credit card out. You can see the Polaroid and it’s different to the three being auctioned online, she has a pink t shirt on. So my point still stands. Sweetie.

Watching people behaving like music critics judging a simple free and fun club appearance Madonna did is kind of hilarious. 

"Oh she's not singing? Why is she lip syncing? why no good choreography?"

Welll because it IS a club appearance that had no planning involved. It's not supposed to be a life changing performance. Madonna showed up, improvised a few dance moves and that was it.

Reading some comments i expected some of you to show up, wait for her for 5 hours, pay 300 dollars for a full live show or something. 

Jesus. 

5 hours later and this topic isn't much better lmao.

1 minute ago, TonyMontana said:

Wait, what ? I thought people in the club/bar were casual people like me and other fans !! I thought all you had to do is you like to put your name on facebook or go very early to the club and that's it you can go for free. Seems like i got it all wrong. Then who were the people at the gig and could you get in ? Now i really wanna know !

The invites for the event were sent out over a week before Madonna posted the “Future Lovers” clip on Instagram. It was all influencers, socialites, drag queens, NYC nightlife personalities, celebs..

The people that were going knew what was happening. It was just a Pride party.

10 minutes ago, TwistedRope said:

That’s as well as the in person auction… There are literally videos of them auctioning the Polaroids and her talking to a man who gets his credit card out. You can see the Polaroid and it’s different to the three being auctioned online, she has a pink t shirt on. So my point still stands. Sweetie.

As does mine booboo. It was an online auction. Madonna only pushed to promote the 3 Polaroids in person. Only THREE people were going home that night with auctioned items. There was no auction there at the start of the event. There was no auction before Madonna sang. There were no baskets to put tickets in to win a horseback ride or spa day. As I said before, it was NOT a ticketed event. You didn’t need to pay to get in. The Standard wasn’t donating all drink purchases to charity, or partial for that matter.

1 hour ago, Miguel Velasco said:

I know where the door is and i also know a good psychologist. Its always fascinating to observe people with a huge bouncer complex. who do you think you are to indicate what people can express and how we can do it? Are you a better fan by saying her work its always flawless? Thats hilarious

Enviado desde mi SM-N986B mediante Tapatalk

I never said I'm a better fan and I never say her work is always flawless. However, some people don't like anything she does at all so I don't really think a fansite is the place for them. If you don't like her, why are you here? You don't have to stay. It's okay not to like her anymore

29 minutes ago, deathproof said:

As does mine booboo. It was an online auction. Madonna only pushed to promote the 3 Polaroids in person. Only THREE people were going home that night with auctioned items. There was no auction there at the start of the event. There was no auction before Madonna sang. There were no baskets to put tickets in to win a horseback ride or spa day. As I said before, it was NOT a ticketed event. You didn’t need to pay to get in. The Standard wasn’t donating all drink purchases to charity, or partial for that matter.

Well I’ve read accounts of the night that suggest otherwise, and seen photos where she’s holding different Polaroids to the ones on the online auction. I didn’t realise you were there and saw all this firsthand, apologies.

I never said I'm a better fan and I never say her work is always flawless. However, some people don't like anything she does at all so I don't really think a fansite is the place for them. If you don't like her, why are you here? You don't have to stay. It's okay not to like her anymore

Im here because i want. Because im a huge Madonna fan since i was a Child. And i dont have to explain myself. Im not going to ask you why are you here because i dont mind at all

Enviado desde mi SM-N986B mediante Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RayofPrayers said:

I'm just happy that she's still here with us, she has done so much during her career she could easily decide to retire right now, but she hasn't, and as a younger fan I appreciate that.

I think it’s the right time to retire… unfortunately I’m saying this because I love her.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic