Question regarding Madame X sound mixing/bass

Xander

I only got Madame X on cassette for the novelty of it, since I know I'll never play a CD; that is to say that what's in my iTunes library is the digital version of the album. Some of the tracks the bass seems to be overblown no matter if I'm listening on headphones or a speaker. Is this the case for all formats of the album, particularly vinyl?

The album as a whole is super bass heavy. There's actually alot of musical "information" in the lower end compared to all her other albums. I would suspect Mike Dean had alot to do with this. Therefore the album almost requires you to listen on speakers/headphones that are able to reproduce frequencies between 40hz-100hz properly. 

For instance the Bass on God Control... it's almost hidden unless you have good speakers/headpphones because it lives in the audio spectrum where the bass is more "felt" than "heard". There's probably some people who have never even heard the bass swelling up in the beginning underneath the choir. 

It's what Stuart Price is talking about at the beginning of IGTTYAS and he says when the bassline of The Beast Within comes in the whole place is gonna shake or whatever.