Madonna's Most Popular Hits In Your Country?

Madonna is a global icon with an incredibly diverse fanbase, so I thought it would be interesting to know which of her songs are the most popular around the world.

Some interesting facts:

In Japan, "Miles Away" became the best-selling digital single of 2008 after being featured in the Fuji Television japanese drama, Change. The song won three trophies at the 23rd Japan Gold Disc Awards.

In Russia"Masterpiece" peaked at #1 and became the 6th most successful song of 2012 with 409k radio plays (1.3M overall). "Give It 2 Me" comes second with 816k plays in total.

In Philippines"Crazy For You" is arguably her biggest classic. Several Filipino acts have recorded remakes, including Sponge Cola in 2004, Michael Cruz in 2005 and MYMP in 2006.

In Brazil"Spanish Eyes" was her 15th most played song during the 2007-2012, according to ECAD. That means more spins than "Papa Don't Preach" (#16), "Vogue" (#17) or "Into The Groove" (#22).

So which Madonna songs do you hear more frequently in your country :)

She has 25 number ones in Canada and some of the singles that charted low or bombed in the US were top ten here (American Life, Hollywood, Celebration, Sorry, Get Together, Give It 2 Me, Nothing Fails, Love Profusion, Nothing Really Matters). 

But today her only songs that still get decent airplay, at least in my part of Canada, are her 80s songs (Holiday, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Open Your Heart, True Blue, Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself and Cherish).

The only 90s song that I still hear is Vogue and radio doesn't touch her past that which is sad considering ten, fifteen years ago they would play Ray of Light, American Pie, Music, Don't Tell Me, Hollywood, Give It 2 Me and Give Me All Your Luvin' (her last number one) all the time. It seems like after the whole "blowing up the White House" comment four years ago radio restricted Madonna to only her 80s songs. 

Music and American Pie were #1 and #2 respectively on the year-end charts in 2000 making her the first artist to hold the top two spots. 

Hung Up was the fastest rising single at radio and stayed at number one on the Canadian Singles Chart for 15 non-consecutive weeks.

In summary, Canadian radio gave Madonna more grace which allowed some of our favs to chart better versus the US. 

Based in the airplay nowadays in Spain (hits from the 80s, 90s and 00s): Always Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up. Sometimes True Blue & Celebration (typical background tune in a sport show). On very rare/special occasions Express Yourself, Music & Material Girl... 

But it's not strange. Spain play more spanish music than english music, specially after the 00s. For me it's a nightmare.

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Based in the airplay nowadays in Spain (hits from the 80s, 90s and 00s): Always Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up. Sometimes True Blue & Celebration (typical background tune in a sport show). On very rare/special occasions Express Yourself, Music & Material Girl... 

But it's not strange. Spain play more spanish music than english music, specially after the 00s. For me it's a nightmare.

And they still dont play medellin?

19 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

She has 25 number ones in Canada and some of the singles that charted low or bombed in the US were top ten here (American Life, Hollywood, Celebration, Sorry, Get Together, Give It 2 Me, Nothing Fails, Love Profusion, Nothing Really Matters). 

But today her only songs that still get decent airplay, at least in my part of Canada, are her 80s songs (Holiday, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Open Your Heart, True Blue, Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself and Cherish).

The only 90s song that I still hear is Vogue and radio doesn't touch her past that which is sad considering ten, fifteen years ago they would play Ray of Light, American Pie, Music, Don't Tell Me, Hollywood, Give It 2 Me and Give Me All Your Luvin' (her last number one) all the time. It seems like after the whole "blowing up the White House" comment four years ago radio restricted Madonna to only her 80s songs. 

Music and American Pie were #1 and #2 respectively on the year-end charts in 2000 making her the first artist to hold the top two spots. 

Hung Up was the fastest rising single at radio and stayed at number one on the Canadian Singles Chart for 15 non-consecutive weeks.

In summary, Canadian radio gave Madonna more grace which allowed some of our favs to chart better versus the US. 

Where in Canada are you? Toronto radio still loves to play her 90's ballads: Playground, Rain,  Remember,  Take a Bow, Frozen.

But yeah,  she's always seemed to do just a little better here than south of the border.  

19 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

This is why I love Canada - I want to move there . They clearly have better music taste than the USA and I love my Canada maxi cds too as they came in jewel cases not those crappy cardboard ones Warner issued in the usa ( eco pak ) ?

6 hours ago, brank000 said:

Where in Canada are you? Toronto radio still loves to play her 90's ballads: Playground, Rain,  Remember,  Take a Bow, Frozen.

But yeah,  she's always seemed to do just a little better here than south of the border.  

I'm in Niagara. What stations play her 90s stuff?