Why Is Madonna Silent On #FreeBritney?

It’s honestly really starting to bug me, along with the countless other pop stars absolutely ignoring this.

Why isn’t she being vocal about this, especially after yesterday’s truly abhorrent bombshell testimony by Britney? This is nothing short of straight up human trafficking in the public eye, and the legal system has failed her so badly it is nothing short of sickening. 

For M fans here who haven’t fully followed:

I feel like Madonna has an obligation here as a self proclaimed feminist, as well as “friend” of Britney’s, based off of previous quotes. She is one of the most influential women in the entertainment industry and should be helping continue the rhetoric about this so that the momentum doesn’t stop. 

It’s the same with countless other people in entertainment with ties to Britney who could actually push real influence on getting this addressed. Whether through public messages to the California Attorney General / FBI, going on record with what she observed behind the scenes, or even simply showing public support…she’s not doing any of it, and it’s low key rubbing me the wrong way, along with countless of other supporters online.

The woman is in complete danger for her life right now, and it’s not an exaggeration. At this point, without real interference and help, she’s going to end up dead due to her enablers not wanting it to get out there *just* how bad the last 13 years of this conservatorship have been.

No act of support is meaningless anymore.

What do you think is going on?

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/793006-madonna-indirectly-benefits-from-britneys-conservatorship-thats-why-shes-silent/

The page in the link talks about how M indirectly benefits from Maverick (the management company Larry Rudolph/Britney are also a part of)

Don't know if M actually still benefits from Maverick or not since she isn't a (known) shareholder and Guy apparently isn't running the day to day anymore and if she did benefit from being on Maverick I don't think she gets anything from Larry/Britney since the management company is different from the music label. 

I honestly think Brit's handlers put a gag order on M so she couldn't speak out about it because they know how vocal she is for women's rights. 

10 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

I honestly think Brit's handlers put a gag order on M so she couldn't speak out about it because they know how vocal she is for women's rights. 

That's the only thing that would make sense to me here. It would just be great if she could come out and at least clarify if there are very extreme NDAs and what not in place. Apparently anyone who ever interacted with Britney Spears was buried in legal paperwork and rules before meeting her to collaborate.

Would speaking of the existence of an NDA be enough to get in legal trouble?

21 minutes ago, Fighter said:

She probably is waiting for facts. The whole thing is extremely sensitive. 

The facts are out there, though. That's why the #FreeBritney movement has been so successful in finally getting this to light. The New York Times has done multiple detailed exposes supported with court documentation, along with AMPLE circumstantial evidence that backs up her claims. It's not disputable at this point whether or not there is severe abuse taking place within her current situation. 

Just now, eXtremeOccident said:

The facts are out there, though. That's why the #FreeBritney movement has been so successful in finally getting this to light. The New York Times has done multiple detailed exposes supported with court documentation, along with AMPLE circumstantial evidence that backs up her claims. It's not disputable at this point whether or not there is severe abuse taking place within her current situation. 

Can you link me to some of these articles? I just saw the documentary and heard part of her testimony...

Yeah. Where’s Madonna and all other celebrities who are always chiming in on other issues, around the clock? And Madonna didn’t just kiss Britney nearly two decades ago, they collaborated multiple times and referenced each other as friends, so it’s pretty weird that she hasn’t said a single thing about it.

Just now, Fighter said:

Can you link me to some of these articles? I just saw the documentary and heard part of her testimony...

You got it, love :)

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/22/arts/music/britney-spears-conservatorship.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/arts/music/britney-spears-lawyer-samuel-ingham.html

The documentary did a good job of summarizing it for people not familiar with the case, but there were countless details still left out. This really has been a fan driven movement to collate information from different sources and what not. 

I can't find the wiki that's being maintained by fans right this second, but it has an excellent timeline of events and spares no details.

Additionally, for all members here who haven't listened to the whole thing -- bear with it, it's 25 minutes....and horrifying, enough to make you feel absolutely sick to your stomach -- but you need to listen to it from start to finish to get the full context of what happened yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNEs0yRqAt8

1 hour ago, heartcore said:

Don't be silly. Celebrities don't have to speak out to be doing something about it. She could easily by trying to get into contact with Britney herself or trying to help in another way.

This exactly. Who has any idea if she hasn't sent her a private message or reached out in another way? She's also been busy with her own project the last few days. This obsession with everything having to be out in the open and public is annoying.

The Britney thing is insane. The details are very upsetting. 

I think anyone under any sort of conservator ship will always crave their own free will. It’s a basic human right. 

It’s just such a shame that it couldn’t have been handled correctly. 

There are many complex issues with bipolar disorder. It may we’ll have had nothing to do with her partying lifestyle that triggered it. Many women develop the first symptoms of bipolar disorder after their first pregnancy. That’s the only  reason I can think of for the UID.. to prevent her changing her chemical balance to stop her from becoming more erratic and worse. A care measure but one that definitely crosses all sorts of other ethical boundaries. Procreation is a basic human right even if some people really don’t deserve or have the ability to take care of a child. Britney seems like an incredible mother.

The truth is we just don’t know all the facts of her condition so I just don’t feel like any of us can make a valid judgement on the entire situation. But there is no doubt that many things are waaay off and the good intentions of care and safe guarding have been manipulated and demonstrate a misuse of power. It has big MJ energy.  Her father seems like a monster but Bipolar condition can lead to mad paranoia too. 

There’s a wider conversation here to be had about mental health. At what point do we just accept that some people may never be suitably balanced. If she wants to piss her money and career up the wall like many male rockstars have… isn’t that her right? It’s such a loaded topic. 
I imagine the Amy Winehouse situation must have scared her team and family into making sure that never happens.

Such a lot to unpick. She deserves happiness. 

9 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yeah. Where’s Madonna and all other celebrities who are always chiming in on other issues, around the clock? And Madonna didn’t just kiss Britney nearly two decades ago, they collaborated multiple times and referenced each other as friends, so it’s pretty weird that she hasn’t said a single thing about it.

since when has madonna been vocal about every other issue? she does it selectively, just like most people – at least publicly. also the term "friend" is used pretty loosely in the US, more so among celebrity "friends."

2 minutes ago, #BelieveVictims said:

No. This is one opinion you only need to share with your friends, not strangers on the internet who don't know you and might conclude you're an asshole.

I'm a Britney fan myself.. I didn't state that as a fact, but i guess there are people around not believing it's all true. I'm confuesed myself, sinse she didn't seem to have a bad relationship with her father. And i have friends who work in the PR sector (Universal Music), which is why i'm very sceptical. I'm not familiar with the US American laws and don't know if it's possible to insert that "vaginal thing" against your will, even if you're consuming drugs / facing mental heath issues.