Madonna's Cult Classic, Popular, Experimental etc

Blue Prince

So I found this meme by an Instagram account while scrolling (@great.missy) and I found it absolutely true. Which M record would you place under each category and how does it apply to other faves of yours?

For me the popular is Like A Virgin, the fan favourite Like A Prayer, the experimental one American Life, the cult classic probably I'm Breathless, the best of all time being Ray of Light and the meh one for me is Hard Candy.

IMG_20210627_034448.jpg

There could be many in each category tbh.

Popular: Does this mean the album that made the artist popular, or just a popular record in general? If it's the former, I'd probably say True Blue or Like a Prayer. Even though she had popularity before those records, I think these got a lot more attention, especially LAP because of the controversies.
Fan Favourite: This is a pretty divisive fanbase so it could be any album tbh lol. But I think Ray of Light, Erotica or LAP would fit here.
Experimental: American Life or Madame X
Cult Classic: I think American Life could fit here too
Best of All Time: Ray of Light or Erotica
Meh: MDNA

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

WTF?

Is Confessions the fan favorite? Lol for me it’s one of the albums I play the least (start to finish)…

Confessions is not the fan favorite. Yes, Confessions is loved, but It's not the fan favorite. The fight for that title would be between "Like A Prayer"/"Ray of Light" or even "True Blue".

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Confessions is not the fan favorite. Yes, Confessions is loved, but It's not the fan favorite. The fight for that title would be between "Like A Prayer"/"Ray of Light" or even "True Blue".

Haha according to the people replying here it is. I feel like LAP is vastly superior in every way. 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Haha according to the people replying here it is. I feel like LAP is vastly superior in every way. 

Because the people here is too young and they didn't lived the LAP era neither the Blond Ambition Tour. It's not strange. Go to a forum with older fans and "Ray of Light" or "Like A Prayer" would be the winners. Confessions is loved, but more for youngers fans.

In fact I love the Confessions era, but the album in my opinion has very good songs and boring songs.  Like A Prayer is a masterpiece from the beginning to the end (enhanced with the single mixes and remixes).