What musical direction would you like for the next album ?

Redha DBL

What musical style would you love for the next album ?  

105 members voted

1. 1. What musical style would you like for the next album ?

• Pop - Good pop songs
    • Urban (hip hop, trap, etc...)
    • Folk/country (ballads with guitar etc...)
    • Full 90's house inspired album !
    • A Ballads album (jazzy, piano, etc...)
    • Rock motherfuckers !!
    • Dark / experimental / Political (à la Mirwais)
    • A mix of all directions - no cohesiveness (like RH or MX)
    • Disco revival
    • 80's synths style (à la TheWeekend)

• Redha DBL changed the title to What musical direction would you like for the next album ?

I was thinking tonight... Madonna... 40 years... Why not do a Album with a story (not her story) of a woman starting when she was young (disco songs), grow up (pop music, dance music), dark ages (House, experimental) drugs, divorce, etc, etc, until this COVID year, but trying to be cohesive, telling us a good story using the music as the conducting wire of her album. I mean, a story mixing music styles in a clever way as the album progress. 

I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain better in english. And I don't even know if this kind of album can be coherent. 

Pop, dance, more ''free'' and ''open'' sounding vocals. Some more fun. 90's house vibes would be nice, kinda  like gospel house and stuff. Combined with some Dita grindy R&B-ish stuff. I'm kinda tired of the current wavey R&B trend (Like the Weeknd). Forgive me if i use the wrong terms

Edited by Hari Beaux (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I was thinking tonight... Madonna... 40 years... Why not do a Album with a story (not her story) of a woman starting when she was young (disco songs), grow up (pop music, dance music), dark ages (House, experimental) drugs, divorce, etc, etc, until this COVID year, but trying to be cohesive, telling us a good story using the music as the conducting wire of her album. I mean, a story mixing music styles in a clever way as the album progress. 

I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain better in english. And I don't even know if this kind of album can be coherent. 

That's an interesting idea actually.

I’d love a classic and time less pop album with lots of songs that are somewhere between Papa Don‘t Preach and Express Yourself sonically. 

I‘d love to see her doing a rock album though as this is the only genre she hasn’t explored so far on an album and yet she has dipped her foot into it before. And she clearly loves shredding her electric guitars so before she thinks she needs to turn another of her disco songs into a pseudo-rock number why not come up with original material for such occasions?

And I’d love songs with some less try-hard and obvious lyrics. I’ve been listening to True Blue, LAP and Erotica a lot and if we’re honest, she said more with these songs than she did with the obviously political songs such as Killers. 

I liked what Madonna was doing before she got signed by Sire Records. That kind of post-punk sound infused with synthwave.

Specifically, I'm talking about tracks like the original version of Burning Up, Get Up, Crimes of Passion and Don't You Know.

I mean, they're still a bit simple with the chords considering they weren't the final versions, but a good bassist, drummer and guitarist could make all the difference. 

But she's not really that kind of artist. I blame Sire for starting all this with pitched up vocals. I forget who mixed and engineered The First Album, but it continued with Like A Virgin. 

23 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

I’d love a classic and time less pop album with lots of songs that are somewhere between Papa Don‘t Preach and Express Yourself sonically. 

I‘d love to see her doing a rock album though as this is the only genre she hasn’t explored so far on an album and yet she has dipped her foot into it before. And she clearly loves shredding her electric guitars so before she thinks she needs to turn another of her disco songs into a pseudo-rock number why not come up with original material for such occasions?

And I’d love songs with some less try-hard and obvious lyrics. I’ve been listening to True Blue, LAP and Erotica a lot and if we’re honest, she said more with these songs than she did with the obviously political songs such as Killers. 

She's way too stiff with the guitar. I've never seen anyone look more like a cardboard cutout holding a guitar. She's really not a natural with it. 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Anything not Mirwais or rent a rapper would be a good start 

good songs with no auto tune but won’t hold my breath 

- No Mirwais. 

- No Rappers (if Malik shows up as a feature) Season 4 Wow GIF by NETFLIX

- No having the grillz on while recording

- Maybe record using live instruments like her earlier albums so we can actually have a live band on tour again.

3 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

I liked what Madonna was doing before she got signed by Sire Records. That kind of post-punk sound infused with synthwave.

Specifically, I'm talking about tracks like the original version of Burning Up, Get Up, Crimes of Passion and Don't You Know.

I mean, they're still a bit simple with the chords considering they weren't the final versions, but a good bassist, drummer and guitarist could make all the difference. 

But she's not really that kind of artist. I blame Sire for starting all this with pitched up vocals. I forget who mixed and engineered The First Album, but it continued with Like A Virgin. 

Weirdly, since downloading  the "Lost Scriptures" disc 1, which i only started listening to this week, has songs i hadn't ever heard before so its like a brand new album for me. I love "Love for Tender", "Love on the Run', "Get Up" etc.etc etc.. They actually sound so refreshingly  new and early