What musical direction would you like for the next album ?

Redha DBL

What musical style would you love for the next album ?  

105 members voted

1. 1. What musical style would you like for the next album ?

• Pop - Good pop songs
    • Urban (hip hop, trap, etc...)
    • Folk/country (ballads with guitar etc...)
    • Full 90's house inspired album !
    • A Ballads album (jazzy, piano, etc...)
    • Rock motherfuckers !!
    • Dark / experimental / Political (à la Mirwais)
    • A mix of all directions - no cohesiveness (like RH or MX)
    • Disco revival
    • 80's synths style (à la TheWeekend)

4 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

Rockdonna please!!! I love when she rocks on the stage!!! ?????

It’s funny because I love a lot of guitar alternative music, but I don’t like Madonna doing that. I think loud electric guitars clash with her voice. I don’t think rock suits her and is ill fitting. It’s just not her.

I would like an alternative R&B album maybe with Blood Orange and the Weekend. I love this artist named Banks. I would like her to do something like that. 

9 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

This this this !!!!!! 90's house full force !!! 

I don't mind house, but only if it is similar to Vogue and Deeper and Deeper.

I don't want I Don't Search I Find type of an album.

8 hours ago, blondebenji said:

Im all for the 80's synth with her twist on it.  She was kinda on the end of that sound.  Would luv some Eurthymics, Yazoo, early Depeche mode type tracks.  Cud be huge

This.

3 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

It’s funny because I love a lot of guitar alternative music, but I don’t like Madonna doing that. I think loud electric guitars clash with her voice. I don’t think rock suits her and is ill fitting. It’s just not her.

I would like an alternative R&B album maybe with Blood Orange and the Weekend. I love this artist named Banks. I would like her to do something like that. 

You're the only other person here who understands this. I keep saying it, but it falls on deaf ears. Good to see another person really.  Madonna is awful on guitar and her voice is ill suited for rock. 

1 hour ago, PatrickSamuel said:

You're the only other person here who understands this. I keep saying it, but it falls on deaf ears. Good to see another person really.  Madonna is awful on guitar and her voice is ill suited for rock. 

Is there really that much demand for a rock album from her? Most people on here seem to want a house or disco or a synth pop album not a rock one. 
I enjoy her on acoustic guitar, her voice blends nicely with folky arrangements. But not rocky electric guitar ones. 
I think some guitar playing is nice for a change of pace in shows, but only acoustic . 

12 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

I would love a synth-pop album with elements of new wave, electroclash, electropop & maybe some house & disco elements with influence from the following artists

• Pet Shop Boys
  • Goldfrapp
  • New Order 
  • Robyn
  • Ladytron 
  • The Knife
  • Santigold
  • Fiscerspooner
  • Róisín Murphy
  • Eurythmics

This would be great! I’m a huge fan of Ladytron.  It would be something slightly different for her, as opposed to a pure house disco album which would probably be very successful but a bit predictable, but something still in her comfort zone that she could credibly pull off. 

4 hours ago, RayofPrayers said:

Anything but urban.

She’s done that sound enough the past 13 years, I think it’s time to give it a good rest.

She hasn’t done straight urban though. Even albums like Hard Candy, MDNA abs Rebel Heart have dance electronic elements. Urban is a wide category. I wouldn’t want hip hop or trap, but I could see an alternative laid back R&B album like Frank Ocean, Nakhane and Banks. 

I know everyone hates anything remotely urban here but it suits her better than alternative rock or pop punk. 

If she keeps fucking up her voice on record like she did on every record since Hard Candy it won't matter which musical direction she takes. The last albums were good but the treatment of her voice on them ruins everything. She does with her voice what she does with her face, she wants to sound young but her voice is grating with all the filters on it. So most of all, i wish for an album with her natural voice and deep register.

The most shocking thing she could do is release an album written and recorded by herself at home (and have Mercy bang out some piano on a few tracks) just acoustic guitar, her lyrics and her untouched voice. There's room for guest appearances but only if they are family visits and have the namen Joe

20 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

It depends on how she sings. If she uses her sweet and soft voice that we’ve heard a lot on her records, especially on Hard Candy and MDNA, then I agree. But imho, the rock version of American Life she performed on RIT sounded amazing with her lower register. It didn’t work that well though when you use the album vocals. That’s why I‘ve never been a fan of the Headcleanr Mix as it didn’t fit the original vocals. 

17 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

Madonna is awful on guitar and her voice is ill suited for rock. 

She’s not awful on guitar. She’s certainly better than Avril Lavigne or Alanis Morissette who both have gotten more credit for their guitar playing than Madonna. And unlike Alanis (god bless her), Madonna’s guitar is at least plugged. 

39 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

She’s not awful on guitar. She’s certainly better than Avril Lavigne or Alanis Morissette who both have gotten more credit for their guitar playing than Madonna. And unlike Alanis (god bless her), Madonna’s guitar is at least plugged. 

My problem with her rock performances isn’t her guitar playing which isn’t nearly as bad as people say, but the fact that her voice doesn’t suit rock and loud electric guitars.  Alanis’ voice blends much better with rock sounds. 

47 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

The most shocking thing she could do is release an album written and recorded by herself at home (and have Mercy bang out some piano on a few tracks) just acoustic guitar, her lyrics and her untouched voice. There's room for guest appearances but only if they are family visits and have the namen Joe

Maybe it’s just me, but I find overly stripped down acoustic arrangements really dull no matter who does them.  I need some beats whether electronic or drums and bass. I don’t see why she can’t invite other musicians to collaborate with her in her home studio. 

2 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

90's house sounds so boring. We already had I don't search I find, which was good but not very original at all in its production. 

I'd love a pop record with great melodies and a new sound. Throw in a couple of 80's synths and we're good 

I thought I was the only one not into 90s  house! A 90s house album would probably be very successful and commercial, but it would bore me. One or two songs in that genre would be okay, but not a whole album. The 90s house sound could be something you could create through remixes.  She could record more pop versions for the album and then release house remixes.