What musical direction would you like for the next album ?

Redha DBL

What musical style would you love for the next album ?  

105 members voted

1. 1. What musical style would you like for the next album ?

• Pop - Good pop songs
    • Urban (hip hop, trap, etc...)
    • Folk/country (ballads with guitar etc...)
    • Full 90's house inspired album !
    • A Ballads album (jazzy, piano, etc...)
    • Rock motherfuckers !!
    • Dark / experimental / Political (à la Mirwais)
    • A mix of all directions - no cohesiveness (like RH or MX)
    • Disco revival
    • 80's synths style (à la TheWeekend)

Given her history and especially the last 2 records we'll probably get more than one sound, but I really wanted to hear her playing around with House Music, her current voice suits it quite well.

Any trace of disco / 80's would sound tired and 2 years late, I'm afraid. Everybody from Dua Lipa to Miley Cyrus to The Weeknd did something with it already.

3 minutes ago, godx said:

Predictable poll results, lol. Madonna is probably the most versatile pop artist of her calibre in history, capable of adapting to any mainstream genre and yet everyone wants her to do the most basic genre possible.

Indie with pop elements would be cool. Someting like Kyoto / ICU by Phoebe Bridgers vibe. But indie wasn't on the list so...

Urban - trap and hiphop. Champagne Rose is unironically one of my favourite songs and Bitch I'm Madonna, Crave are her most successful attempts at authentically current 2010s songs. Her racist fans would have you believe all she has done is urban music for the past 10 years but she has actually barey explored these genres. Even her rap features are on poppy songs. Manifesting a trap pop album with Doja Cat, Ariana Grande, Lil Nas X and Nicki Minaj features.

Great post! Totally agree. Indie pop would be cool as long as it isn’t heavy on electric guitars. 

Trip Hop (Portishead meets Ray of Light and Erotica)

Hyperpop

90s House (manifesting Deeper and Deeper, God Control, Goodbye to Innocence and I Don't Search I Find energy)

Jazz album with original songs

Ballad album

Unreleased songs collection

I only ask two things:

- Catchy chorus that makes you to play the songs again, and again, and again (something like Vogue, Deeper & Deeper, Hung Up)

- Music that makes you get up and dance (and it doesn't mean dance music or disco music)

I don't care if the songs are disco, dance, rock, country, house, indie or whatever, but I need these two things I've requested.

8 hours ago, drivebitch said:

She can have an eclectic mix of sounds. I definitely think Patrick Leonard returning for melodies and lyrics would be a slam dunk. She doesn't have to reinvent the wheel every time, just release good material. 

I agree. In general I like albums with different tempos and styles. I don’t think the whole album has to be just one sound or concept. That might be a bit boring. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, Aiwa08 said:

I only ask two things:

- Catchy chorus that makes you to play the songs again, and again, and again (something like Vogue, Deeper & Deeper, Hung Up)

- Music that makes you get up and dance (and it doesn't mean dance music or disco music)

I don't care if the songs are disco, dance, rock, country, house, indie or whatever, but I need these two things I've requested.

Came here to say this. Give me songs I can sing along to like Jump, Dress you up, Open your heart. Rebel heart got so so close to perfection and then ruined by having too many songs on it (many of which were mediocre). 

Title: CORONATION  (reference to Crown-Queen-Coronation) but i guess the record company wouldnt aprove b cos of that other word :lol:

But the question was, what direction...

I would want electronica back! in style of I dont search i find, ciao bella...songs to dance, to loose it, to have fun. songs that arent typical structured in verse/bridge/chorus etc...for the clubs

but realistic i think world music, there much more to explore in it. why not even italian influences refering to her visits lately

however, anything without features or rap, but i guess we must expect that in the future again