Madonna Comes Under Fire After Comment About Lil Nas X's BET Awards Kiss

I am not surprised at all by the IG story to be honest. Madonna's ego is the biggest feature in her persona. And it's part of her charisma.

Even in the Michael Jackson and Aretha's tribute she talked more about herself than themselves... it wasn't the first time and won't be the last...

It's Madonna...

3 hours ago, brank000 said:

It's apples and oranges.

She is a white heterosexual woman who kissed two other heterosexual women at the MTV Awards.

He is a black homosexual man who kissed another black homosexual man at an awards show for a segment of music that is notoriously homophobic.

Madonna did it when there was not 70% approval inthe US for same sex marriage.  Madonna did it before we had a US President turn the White House rainbow.  Madonna did it while Pride was sponsored and supported  by alcohol and condom manufacturers only. Madonna did it when the Supreme Court had not protected LGBTQ workers.  Madonna did it when gay people were a frigging punchline in American media.   Madonna did it when no other mainstream artist was doing it (justify my love honey).  She did do it first as far as live TV goes.  She doesn't have to be a ga6 man to matter.  She used her voice first.

3 hours ago, norisk_noglory said:

3 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Yeah, it sounded more like an inside joke on her part.

People love to search for how problematic something MIGHT Be and deconsctruct it and tear it apart because that somehow makes them better people. Weaponized mindset.

Starting drama where there isnt any....

exactly.

2 hours ago, Madame X said:

There are worse problems in the world...

People need to chill. Like, really.

Why is everyone offended by every little thing that happens in the world nowadays?

and they get offended by things that werent meant to be offensive, and turn their back and pretend they dont see when thins are really offensive

2 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

Even if it's a joke she shouldn't post that. You know people are going to react when we don't know about your inside jokes. This kind of stuff is exactly why she is ignored by younger generations. It may not be a big deal for her or Lil Nas since they are friends and wathever, but it is a big deal for a lot of people who are offended by this. And in the end this is only bad for Madonna. But anyways... Drop that phone sometimes girl... drop that phone. :Madonna051:

That is why I said before: the queen of I should have been away from instagram. Sometimes its better no say anything. I make my own jokes for my insta. There is one that I realy liked but someone told me: I get it, i know you but a  some people will think it is...

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

You cant go around correcting what everybody thinks.

They can think what they like.

When you know who you are and you know what youre not, you dont feel the need to justify it.

And if people are going to assume the worst automatically, thats their bullshit, and it says more about them. So who cares?!

but it feels like: should I or shouldnt I? it's like, its not worth the attacks people do, this is not against her, but sometimes it feels more like : dont  do it, dont say it...

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Great! Madonna must close her mouth because the "General public is going to react bad to this..." Are you really agree with this?

The politically correct and the social warriors are killing freedom of expression. And there are people who applaud that.

agree. I didnt find if offensive in any way. But not everyone gets her humor, not everyone will laugh with a joke...

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna did it when there was not 70% approval inthe US for same sex marriage.  Madonna did it before we had a US President turn the White House rainbow.  Mad9nna did it while Pride was sponsored and supported  by alcohol and condom manufacturers only. Madonna did it when the Supreme Court had not protected LGBTQ workers.  Madonna did it when gay people were a frigging punchline in American media.   Madonna Madonna did it when no other mainstream artist was doing it (justify my love honey).  She did do it first as far as live TV goes.  She doesn't have to be a ga6 man to matter.  She used her voice first.

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

Even if it's a joke she shouldn't post that. You know people are going to react when we don't know about your inside jokes. This kind of stuff is exactly why she is ignored by younger generations. It may not be a big deal for her or Lil Nas since they are friends and wathever, but it is a big deal for a lot of people who are offended by this. And in the end this is only bad for Madonna. But anyways... Drop that phone sometimes girl... drop that phone. :Madonna051:

Really! 

Suspicious Whitney Houston GIF

3 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

I don't agree. Remember when she used the n word on instagram? Should she be allowed to do that because she is not a racist and should we be okay with that because we know she is not a racist? No, there are some things you just simple don't do or say because they can be taken wrong or be offensive to other people.

Now, in this case, we have a black queer artist performing during Pride kissing another men. Why should she, a white cis woman, say "I did it first". Just don't. Celebrate the moment if you want or don't say anything if you don't.

And just to clarify, i'm not even offended by this, we know her and we know she didn't do this maliciously but it's so obvious the general public is going to react bad to this... It's just unnecessary drama.

If someone had to get offended by this is Lil Nas X and no one else. The rest "she's a white woman and he's a black gay man" thng is all made up randomly by fake woke ppl at social media, no one else. If they think that everything that gets posted on IG is supposed to hide a social or idk message, its their own problem. You can't post shit on social media anymore cause you're scared someone will get offended by it. I still see people calling her black kids "her slaves" when she's posting IG stories about them.

The ones dragging her on twitter and IG are the ones that were saying (before her IG story) that the VMAs kiss was accepted and no one cared to hate it, while Lil Nas X got more hate, that Madonna had it easy with Like a Prayer cause she's white and no one said anything about it, while Nas with Montero didn't etc. I don't expect logic by them, they're addicted at lying and rewriting things just to make their narrative look convinving, not just with Madonna. In general, twitter is trash.

1 hour ago, o_g_c_x said:

I am not surprised at all by the IG story to be honest. Madonna's ego is the biggest feature in her persona. And it's part of her charisma.

Even in the Michael Jackson and Aretha's tribute she talked more about herself than themselves... it wasn't the first time and won't be the last...

It's Madonna...

It's a Leo thing; they can't stand having anyone outshine them even in death. But unlike those instances, I wasn't at all bothered by Madonna's "joke" because it exposed Lil Nas X's cheap publicity stunts. He's constantly doing things to get his name in the headlines; every single release of his has involved some marketing gimmick or stunt because he's got little talent to sell his music otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Nahual said:

It's a Leo thing; they can't stand having anyone outshine them even in death. But unlike those instances, I wasn't at all bothered by Madonna's "joke" because it exposed Lil Nas X's cheap publicity stunts. He's constantly doing things to get his name in the headlines; every single release of his has involved some marketing gimmick or stunt because he's got little talent to sell his music otherwise.

exactly! we could compare it with Adam Lambert's kiss way back when and that one can actually SING

29 minutes ago, Nahual said:

Do you not see the irony of saying this as a Madonna fan?

This is verbatim what haters say about her...

Didn't also Fiona Apple mention his name as part of a joke? He had sampled one of her songs without giving her credit and she was asking for her money.

It also left some people confused. Seems like music's great aunties love to tease the cute little guy. Too bad humour died some time before they did.

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Madonna did it when there was not 70% approval inthe US for same sex marriage.  Madonna did it before we had a US President turn the White House rainbow.  Madonna did it while Pride was sponsored and supported  by alcohol and condom manufacturers only. Madonna did it when the Supreme Court had not protected LGBTQ workers.  Madonna did it when gay people were a frigging punchline in American media.   Madonna did it when no other mainstream artist was doing it (justify my love honey).  She did do it first as far as live TV goes.  She doesn't have to be a ga6 man to matter.  She used her voice first.

She did it in a room full of heterosexual men. Don’t even try. And t.A.T.u. did it before she did. 

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

Sounds like an inside joke to me.  She luved him at the madame X tour and she she was keeping an eye on him or something like that

An inside joke? There’s no inside anything. She’s yet again making something about herself when it isn’t necessary. She has done so much damage to her public image these last ten years it’s not even funny. Would it really kill her to think before she speaks?

I Love Little Nas X. I wish i could say the same about his music but i think he's a brillant young man and he's pushing boundaries with gusto. What he says here is something Madonna would have said in the 90's about being a woman in touch with her sexuality and about the gay community. There's a real filiation link between those two and i'm glad they are friends.

image.png.39dd1712d8e6a633dfc8f577af195f1d.png

5 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

4 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

If someone had to get offended by this is Lil Nas X and no one else. The rest "she's a white woman and he's a black gay man" thng is all made up randomly by fake woke ppl at social media, no one else. If they think that everything that gets posted on IG is supposed to hide a social or idk message, its their own problem. You can't post shit on social media anymore cause you're scared someone will get offended by it. I still see people calling her black kids "her slaves" when she's posting IG stories about them.

The ones dragging her on twitter and IG are the ones that were saying (before her IG story) that the VMAs kiss was accepted and no one cared to hate it, while Lil Nas X got more hate, that Madonna had it easy with Like a Prayer cause she's white and no one said anything about it, while Nas with Montero didn't etc. I don't expect logic by them, they're addicted at lying and rewriting things just to make their narrative look convinving, not just with Madonna. In general, twitter is trash.

giphy.gif

Exactly. There was a shit ton more homophobia in general in 2003. Also, let me clarify for everyone on the SJW bandwagon on this forum. You are not measurably more experienced or intelligent  than Madonna herself. She does what she wants to, and does so from a perfectly informed, personalized perspective, and I’m sure she was also perfectly aware that this would irritate the same people who get irritated by everything else she does, which at this point seems to be the vast majority of her online fanbase in addition to the crazy woke lynch mob, pun intended! Again I find myself asking the same question over and over: Who have these haters and critics been following all these years?!