Madonna Comes Under Fire After Comment About Lil Nas X's BET Awards Kiss

3 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Mess at anyone making a fuss over an instagram story. This clown world needs a reset.

I love how in the span of 48 hours this forum went from having debates about Madonna's Boobs making an appearance at the Boom Boom to having debates about an IG story. You know what just stream True Blue for no more sadness and to kiss it goodbye because we all know love makes the world go round. 

meryl streep GIF

10 hours ago, brank000 said:

It's apples and oranges.

She is a white heterosexual woman who kissed two other heterosexual women at the MTV Awards.

He is a black homosexual man who kissed another black homosexual man at an awards show for a segment of music that is notoriously homophobic.

She couldn’t have worded it differently it didn’t seem appropriate to post also considering what’s happening with Britney as well she can’t speak up about that but willing to bring her up when it suits her own public gain.

plus like the previous comment she is a straight white woman whose was queer baiting with 2 other straight females, he is a black queer artist trying to breakdown barriers as well.

sorry Madonna it wasn’t your time to comment 

I'm finding it more and more difficult remaining a fan and interacting with other fans. 

Madonna is an inspiring figure to so many because of the way she always rebelled against the patriarchy and by doing so supported rights for the oppressed. But she is also callous (I can cite many examples, but the most obvious one is how the dancers were outed in Truth or Dare). Because so much misogyny and hate was hurled at her over the decades she developed a very thick skin and has this knee jerk reaction to reject all criticism.  A lot of fans love that about her and they emulate that attitude.

I feel as if two very strong cultural currents are clashing in the Madonna fandom right now. The old school is about "her heart is in the right place, so she can say anything, stop being so oversensitive" while other fans consider that she shouldn't be impervious to the criticism that's been building up related to 'cancel culture' which for me amounts to "be careful, because what you say or do can hurt others". 

I feel like by being provocative and rejecting criticism for so long, she's gathered many fans who do the same. And so we have these constant tiresome clashes between "she shouldn't do that"/"it doesn't matter if she did that, she's Madonna". 

That's it, no big conclusion, I'm just tired of the conflict and since I'm team "she shouldn't do that", I'm also really tired of the defensiveness and aggression of the others, who feel like their way of life is being threatened just because people want to hold Madonna to the same standards that are applied to everyone. 

P.S. YES, some people who attack Madonna for these mistakes hate her for other reasons and just enjoy that they can belittle her for anything. But that can't mean that she's untouchable to reasonable criticism just because a lot of shitty people hate her and they'll jump in every time a reasonable discussion shows what she could do differently.

What a sad world we live in now where all anyone can talk about now is social media and how it erases anyone’s credibility that came before . I really don’t envy these people who are obsessed with this celebrity Twitter , Tiktok bollocks #whocares fuck and glad I lived in a world before all this shallow narcissistic bull shit ?

15 hours ago, ludowillo said:

Do you not see the irony of saying this as a Madonna fan?

This is verbatim what haters say about her...

Madonna might be known for her stunts, but there was almost always an underlying message behind them, some meaning that made them art. Lil Nas X giving Satan a lap dance, having blatantly planned wardrobe malfunctions on-stage, kissing other men and whatever other gimmicks he's used recently aren't the same because, in my view, there doesn't appear to be any purpose or deeper message behind his actions other than to get views/sales.

Also as I said in the other topic, why are people coming to Lil Nas X's defense when he's a known Islamophobe and misogynist? And don't give me the "he's Black!" defense either, because he certainly had no issue making borderline racist comments on his old Twitter account, such as comparing a fellow Black person to a monkey. He's not the kind of Black LGBT+ representation that we need, yet some gays are willing to die on a hill for this man?

i dont think Madonna has changed a bit.  She has always made comments like this from the very beginning and with tongue firmly planted in cheek.  Shes never obsessed about how it will be taken or worded correctly.

Its just the world has changed.  Everybody gets offended about everything.  Its just times have changed.  For all of us.  Im sure everyone has read something they have wrote, a txt. message, post etc and thought geez thats sounds bad.  Rewrite it.  Even if it is a in joke with a friend.  weird times.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, Alibaba said:

Exactly. There was a shit ton more homophobia in general in 2003. Also, let me clarify for everyone on the SJW bandwagon on this forum. You are not measurably more experienced or intelligent  than Madonna herself. She does what she wants to, and does so from a perfectly informed, personalized perspective, and I’m sure she was also perfectly aware that this would irritate the same people who get irritated by everything else she does, which at this point seems to be the vast majority of her online fanbase in addition to the crazy woke lynch mob, pun intended! Again I find myself asking the same question over and over: Who have these haters and critics been following all these years?! 

And that's IT right there.  :clapp::clapp::clapp:

443c10edf350c953bf516b0a61fe3515.gif

On 7/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, Nahual said:

Madonna might be known for her stunts, but there was almost always an underlying message behind them, some meaning that made them art. Lil Nas X giving Satan a lap dance, having blatantly planned wardrobe malfunctions on-stage, kissing other men and whatever other gimmicks he's used recently aren't the same because, in my view, there doesn't appear to be any purpose or deeper message behind his actions other than to get views/sales.

Are you kidding me? The guy is actually gay and is expressing his sexuality and combatting the homophobia HE experiences in the process. What exactly was the “underlying message” or “artistic statement” of the Madonna/Britney kiss. It was a total stunt. And you know, there’s actually nothing wrong with that. But to claim lil Nas is “just doing it for publicity” but Madonna was not makes zero sense.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Are you kidding me? The guy is actually gay and is expressing his sexuality and combatting the homophobia HE experiences in the process. What exactly was the “underlying message” or “artistic statement” of the Madonna/Britney kiss. It was a total stunt. And you know, there’s actually nothing wrong with that. But to claim lil Nas is “just doing it for publicity” but Madonna was not makes zero sense.

tumblr_ox5ky0esJ51rtta3uo1_500.gifv

People don’t seem to understand the blatant and harsh homophobia within the rap-HipHop community, and black community as well. It’s like they are completely blind to other peoples struggles.

This fan base scares me at times.