Be Careful, Time Stood Still, Beautiful Stranger Question

stancherry

Are the 3 songs (Be Careful, Time Stood Still, Beautiful Stranger) all Ray of Light "leftovers" coming from the sessions with W. Orbit or were those songs written/recorded for the soundtracks/other albums. It does seem like Be Careful was recorded for Ray Of Light, but TSS & BS were recorded exclusively for Next Best Thing & Austin Powers.

I usually like to include all the songs into one album (Crazy For You, Gambler and Into The Groove are part of Virgin to me)

9 minutes ago, stancherry said:

Are the 3 songs (Be Careful, Time Stood Still, Beautiful Stranger) all Ray of Light "leftovers" coming from the sessions with W. Orbit or were those songs written/recorded for the soundtracks/other albums. It does seem like Be Careful was recorded for Ray Of Light, but TSS & BS were recorded exclusively for Next Best Thing & Austin Powers.

I usually like to include all the songs into one album (Crazy For You, Gambler and Into The Groove are part of Virgin to me)

To me these songs rather fit on Music:

11. Amercan Pie

12. Beautiful Stranger

13. Be Careful

14. Time Stood Still

or

11. American Pie

12. Time Stood Still

13. Be Careful

14. Beatiful Stranger

Which tracklist would work best???

Be Careful, for me, fits quite nicely after To Have And Not To Hold and before Little Star.

Beautiful Stranger slides in perfectly after After Runaway Lover.

Time Stood Still goes great after Nobody's Perfect and before Paradise.

And, as it always did, American Pie closes the album. Wonderland could easily be added as an appendix / hidden track.

1 hour ago, stancherry said:

To me these songs rather fit on Music:

11. Amercan Pie

12. Beautiful Stranger

13. Be Careful

14. Time Stood Still

or

11. American Pie

12. Time Stood Still

13. Be Careful

14. Beatiful Stranger

Which tracklist would work best???

Exactly! 

All these songs rather fits on Music album for me, they have never really reminded me anything on Ray of Light. 

11. Amercan Pie

12. Beautiful Stranger

13. Be Careful

14. Time Stood Still

.. This track order fits the best to the mood of Music album. That's how I usually listen to album digitally. None of these songs really works after To have not to hold / Little Star / Mer Girl

25 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Exactly! 

All these songs rather fits on Music album for me, they have never really reminded me anything on Ray of Light. 

11. Amercan Pie

12. Beautiful Stranger

13. Be Careful

14. Time Stood Still

.. This track order fits the best to the mood of Music album. That's how I usually listen to album digitally. None of these songs really works after To have not to hold / Little Star / Mer Girl

this is the order i place the songs on that playlist. Has To Be is closing the Japanese Ray of Light album and fits the most.

3 hours ago, stancherry said:

This sounds so odd to me, cause I would never put a song on an album where Madonna thought it didn't belong. Beautiful Stranger doesn't fit either Ray of light nor Music and it doesn't belong on either of them, in my opinion. I just keep it under "The Spy Who Shagged Me"  and Time Stood Still under "The Next Best Thing". Be Careful, however, is literally a Ray of light outtake. Just don't put it on the album, keep with the outtakes. Always stay true to the original tracklist ??

8 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

This sounds so odd to me, cause I would never put a song on an album where Madonna thought it didn't belong. Beautiful Stranger doesn't fit either Ray of light nor Music and it doesn't belong on either of them, in my opinion. I just keep it under "The Spy Who Shagged Me"  and Time Stood Still under "The Next Best Thing". Be Careful, however, is literally a Ray of light outtake. Just don't put it on the album, keep with the outtakes. Always stay true to the original tracklist ??

you're actually right. back in the days of cd's and casettes we were listening to music the way it was put on a record in that specific order. but some songs sound like a leftover and would really enrich an album.

I kinda think B.S & Amazing were made around the same time, her demos do sound somewhat similar before they chose what's going where. 

When was Angell passing through recorded and for what reason? Asking cuz Ive no idea, around the time as TSS?  

I agree with someone above I consider CFY & Gambler a part of LAV. 

American Pie didnt her next best thing guy Rupert ask her to record it? My minds blank but i think theres an interview somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I keep all those songs in my 1999 folder. Time Stood Still was actually part of a 2000 release, so that one remains with the gorgeous soundtrack.

and so is American Pie, but it was still on Muisc (Bonus Track Version). It does seem like Gone was supposed to be the last song on the record.

4 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I feel the same way

Only Be Careful was a left-over from the ROL-Sessions. She started it with Pat Leonard and then reworked with with Orbit, similar to Substitute for Love. She then decided against including it on ROL and gave it to Ricky Martin who lowered the key a semi-tone (without Madonna re-Recording her vocals, that’s why it sounds rather odd) and released it on his album. 

Madonna and Orbit worked on a number of tracks post ROL. Beautiful Stranger was probably an exclusive project both worked on shortly after the Grammies in 1999, before they started the album sessions for the follow up to ROL. From these sessions, Amazing, Time Stood Still, Liquid Love, Run, Arioso, Runaway Lover, Little Girl, Like An Angel Passing Through My Room and American Pie merged, although at least American Pie was always explicitly done for TNBT, as Rupert Everett talked her into recording it. Back then, Orbit was still her primary producer and it was only a couple of months later she found Mirwais and ditched most of the work she‘s done with Orbit.