Bad Girl/Erotica era question

RebelHeart

11 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

Oh I need to watch this video again.  Always thought that he was a serial killer and never even considered autoerotic asphyxiation ?

I've never heard of autoerotic asphyxiation for women, but apparently it is a thing...

https://journals.lww.com/amjforensicmedicine/Abstract/2000/06000/Autoerotic_Asphyxiation_in_a_Female.4.aspx

24 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I mean, there is a scene where she has a kinky one night stand with a stranger from a bar and she eventually dies from a failed erotic game. 

What? i never read the video that way, I always thought that Walken was this 'Angel of Death" and she was the girl always making the wrong choices. In the path of self destruction. One of this choices hooking up with a killer that stranglers her.

After that she is free from suffering and oversees her life from above with the angel.

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What??? It was a serial killer. 

I mean, we don't know. We saw her getting tied up for some bondage/kinky sex and then boom she's dead. I always thought it was asphyxiation or that she was strangled because the "game" went too far. Never thought he was a serial killer. But I might be. Anyway, the bondage scene is there in the video. 

"Like “Oh Father”, “Bad Girl” feels like a personal exorcism for Madonna, of a kind only Fincher seemed to be able to coax out of her. Speaking to the BBC in 1992, Madonna dismissed speculation that “Bad Girl” was about sex work, and instead about a woman embroiled in a toxic relationship. “She really cares for this person and she’s having a hard time saying goodbye,” she explained. “She’s unhappy with her situation and getting drunk, smoking too many cigarettes ... because she’s trying to distract herself from reality.”

In the video, Madonna portrays a Manhattan magazine editor named Louise Oriole – “Louise” lifted from Madonna’s own middle name, and “Oriole” likely a reference to Oriole Way, the LA street in which she lived with her ex-husband Sean Penn. (Their marriage, which ended in 1989, was reportedly a volatile one, with Madonna only explicitly denying in 2015 the long-standing rumours that Penn was violent towards her.) Louise is fraying at the seams, a cigarette always dangling from her lips, and easing her pain through sex with strangers. All the while she is being watched over by the Angel of Death (played by Christopher Walken – Penn’s co-star in 1986’s At Close Range), who hovers above her bed, watches her from window sills and dances in her apartment while she’s out.

Horror also haunts the city, the angel reads a newspaper splattered in grim headlines (“BLOODY RAMPAGE: Teen chops heads off dad, cat & parakeet!”), and Louise unexpectedly picks up a serial killer. In a moment of stirring beauty, the sound of “Bad Girl” drops out entirely, the Angel of Death kisses Louise, she accepts her fate, and is later seen hanging out with him on a street corner watching her corpse being removed from her apartment in a body bag – finally free. Enveloping her at every turn, New York has never seemed lonelier, icier or more intimidating.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/madonna-david-fincher-bad-girl-music-video-vogue-mank-netflix-b1616824.html

It was the 2nd single. Indeed. But due to the failure in the charts (her biggest flop till then, peaked #36), they released Fever in a rush (1 month later), wich video was filmed in one day only.

It´s said that M never sang Bad Girl in a tour because she hates the fact of having her first single ever not to enter Top 20 on Billboard Hot 100. 

9 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

It was the 2nd single. Indeed. But due to the failure in the charts (her biggest flop till then, peaked #36), they released Fever in a rush (1 month later), wich video was filmed in one day only.

It´s said that M never sang Bad Girl in a tour because she hates the fact of having her first single ever not to enter Top 20 on Billboard Hot 100. 

Oh hun…

Fever single never got it's own artwork, just the stills from Bad Girl right?

Apart from the vinyl that shares the B&W Bad Girl photo too

I'm confused about the singles order:

Erotica was the first one

Deeper & Deeper second

Bad Girl was 3rd?

Fever was 4th

Rain in 5th

Bye Bye Baby was the 6th

and in between she dropped This Used to be my Playground?

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Fever single never got it's own artwork, just the stills from Bad Girl right?

Apart from the vinyl that shares the B&W Bad Girl photo too

I'm confused about the singles order:

Erotica was the first one

Deeper & Deeper second

Bad Girl was 3rd?

Fever was 4th

Rain in 5th

Bye Bye Baby was the 6th

and in between she dropped This Used to be my Playground?

This Used To Be.. was before the album, summer of 1992 release. Then Erotica, the song, in late September '92. :)

Bad Girl was planned as the second single then they went with Deeper And Deeper - interestingly the original concept artwork for Deeper And Deeper was used for Bad Girl when it was released as the 3rd single 

This was posted by Madonna Australia around 6 years ago:

'From the vaults - did you know the image used on the Bad Girl single cover was originally planned to be for Deeper And Deeper before being changed? Here's the artwork proof and the change handwritten as Bad Girl by Madonna's assistant Melissa in October 1992 - posted with permission from the owner of this rare collectable'

12189152_905088999580045_2013315805416499065_n.jpg