Madonna´s B-Day party in RIO, this year

Dj Garrido

I guess everybody here has seen Madonna´s story in Instagram announcing she is coming to Rio (I´m from Rio) for her birthday party.

I must confess I´m really worried about it, because the Covid-19 pandemy is not over here. And parties (of any kind) are still forbidden all over Brazil (by the governors, ´cause the president is against quarantine). 

Every week we see in the news and in the social media local famous people giving partis and been cancelled by the people who cares about public health. 

Brazil is the second country in the world that most listens to Madonna in Spotify and watches her in YouTube as well. This could have very serious consequences to Madonna´s image here. Brazil is very polarized about those who support vacines and quarantines and hates the president (a tropical Trump) VERSUS people who don´t support vacine and quarantine and support our fascist president. In what side Madonna should be? 

15 minutes ago, luis-rj said:

I think she is not thinking about it because she is not going to have open parties here. She´ll be here, with her crew and family, celebrating her birthday in private, like she would in any other place in the world.

Exactly, I highly doubt she is going to be mixing with the general Brazilian public. But there might be a backlash if Brazilians can’t have parties themselves. 
Covid has been horrible there with the idiotic decisions of their President. I think there are many other places she could go that would cause fewer PR problems for her. 
She can have a Brazilian themed party with Brazilian music, clothing etc. anywhere. 

59 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Jamaica doesn’t have the same severe situation as Brazil. 

That’s great Glenda, but someone previously  said that she wouldn’t be having open parties and would be celebrating in private like she would anywhere else in the world. I pointed out that that wasn’t the case last year.

6 minutes ago, brank000 said:

Yeah,  I'm surprised that she thinks it's appropriate to be traveling like this during a pandemic.

I think she's so removed from reality that she doesn't understand the severity of the situation.

I have the same feeling that she lives in a bubble. But with so many "real" people around, why any of them brings her feet to the ground? What are they afraid of? Don´t they see how bad her career is going in the last 5 or 6 years due to her unconsciousness?