for those who didn't attend MadameX tour, how do you feel now the that the trailer is out?

On 7/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, thegoldencalf said:

You can only see a concert as it was intended for the audience if you attend the actual concert.

What you call “over editing” is a video interpretation of a concert.

You can always tell she puts a lot of effort into these concert films and they’re spectacular. 

I understand, but I don't want an interpretation of a concert when the concert itself is already an interpretation of her vision. M does put a lot of effort into her projects and I appreciate that, but sometimes she gets carried away with editing her concert films and it gets distracting. Some people just want to watch the concert as it was performed without the filters, the re-shoots and the all the cuts. A concert that is filmed in a studio without a crowd isn't as authentic as it being with a live audience, and we know she re-shot show.

3 minutes ago, Luci nln said:

I understand, but I don't want an interpretation of a concert when the concert itself is already an interpretation of her vision. M does put a lot of effort into her projects and I appreciate that, but sometimes she gets carried away with editing her concert films and it gets distracting. Some people just want to watch the concert as it was performed without the filters, the re-shoots and the all the cuts. A concert that is filmed in a studio without a crowd isn't as authentic as it being with a live audience, and we know she re-shot show.

Well a filmed concert is an interpretation. It will never be even closely similar to the live performance. I’ve been to every show since ReInvention tour and I thought the videos were presenting the shows very accurately.

Also she didn’t reshoot the entire show. Probably just a few closeups.

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well a filmed concert is an interpretation. It will never be even closely similar to the live performance. I’ve been to every show since ReInvention tour and I thought the videos were presenting the shows very accurately.

At least if it's filmed live you can see the initial execution. Cutting songs and over editing it certainly won't make it similar to the live performance. We don't know exactly what she re-shot, but she most likely did some full scenes not just closeups since she is a perfectionist. I disagree with you and the presentation. The Rebel Heart DVD doesn't include "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and I think it was overedited along with MDNA. I like to see a concert from beginning to end as it was performed live. That being said, as I stated in my initial comment, I'm still looking forward to seeing her vision.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’ve only been to RHT and MXT but I feel RHT was very very different in person. I am even more reminded of this when I watch YouTube footage.

I personally don’t hate it but to say it can’t be closely similar I think is not true. I’ve been to other concerts where the experience is much closer to how it was being there.

8 minutes ago, Luci nln said:

At least if it's filmed live you can see the initial execution. Cutting songs and over editing it certainly won't make it similar to the live performance. We don't know exactly what she re-shot, but she most likely did some full scenes not just closeups since she is a perfectionist. I disagree with you and the presentation. The Rebel Heart DVD doesn't include "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and I think it was overedited along with MDNA. I like to see a concert from beginning to end as it was performed live. That being said, as I stated in my initial comment, I'm still looking forward to seeing her vision.

LDLHA was not included because of copyright issues. It wasn’t an artistic choice.

As for the MXT reshoots there’s no evidence of a full show reshoot. It looked rather small with a limited crew. 
And this was done because for most of the tour she was in severe pain and a lot of things needed to be altered cause she wasn’t able to perform the shows as planned. So she reshot some things when she recovered to present the show as it was meant to be seen. 

I would assume the fans would appreciate her going the extra mile (and expense) to offer us the show in its best form. And not a reminder of the disaster it tuned out to be towards the end.

As for filters, modern shows have very complex lighting (that also uses a ton of filters) and that is not captured on video. So filters are applied to mimic the mood of the live shows. If there were no filters it would look very dull and nothing like the live experience. 

It’s unbelievable to me. Every single day we bitch that we’re not getting this or that but whenever she actually puts effort into something everyone complains and is unhappy…

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I’ve only been to RHT and MXT but I feel RHT was very very different in person. I am even more reminded of this when I watch YouTube footage.

I personally don’t hate it but to say it can’t be closely similar I think is not true. I’ve been to other concerts where the experience is much closer to how it was being there.

I think it’s a matter of preference. To me the film was way better than the live experience for RHT. For MDNA I liked the live show better.

For RHT I watched the broadcast with 2 friends that are not Madonna fans and they were raving about it. So probably outside of this community people actually enjoy this type of presentation…

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

LDLHA was not included because of copyright issues. It wasn’t an artistic choice.

As for the MXT reshoots there’s no evidence of a full show reshoot. It looked rather small with a limited crew. 
And this was done because for most of the tour she was in severe pain and a lot of things needed to be altered cause she wasn’t able to perform the shows as planned. So she reshot some things when she recovered to present the show as it was meant to be seen. 

I would assume the fans would appreciate her going the extra mile (and expense) to offer us the show in its best form. And not a reminder of the disaster it tuned out to be towards the end.

As for filters, modern shows have very complex lighting (that also uses a ton of filters) and that is not captured on video. So filters are applied to mimic the mood of the live shows. If there were no filters it would look very dull and nothing like the live experience. 

It’s unbelievable to me. Every single day we bitch that we’re not getting this or that but whenever she actually puts effort into something everyone complains and is unhappy…

You're disregarding every positive thing I've said just because my opinion differs from yours. There are fans who complain a lot, but I'm not one of them. I said that I appreciate that she's still creative and dedicated. I'm not unhappy, I'd just prefer if the full show was released rather than an edited presentation. We don't need to be reminded of the disaster, she performed plenty of shows before her injury and her team filmed at least one show. From the news reports Madame X is described as a documentary, so I'm guessing they'll cut out some songs and include behind the scenes footage, maybe a complete concert will be released later. 

Edited by Luci nln (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Luci nln said:

You're disregarding every positive thing I've said just because my opinion differs from yours. There are fans who complain a lot, but I'm not one of them. I said that I appreciate that she's still creative and dedicated. I'm not unhappy, I'd just prefer if the full show was released rather than an edited presentation. We don't need to be reminded of the disaster, she performed plenty of shows before her injury and her team filmed at least one show. From the news reports Madame X is described as a documentary, so I'm guessing they'll cut out some songs and include behind the scenes footage, maybe a complete concert will be released later. 

Sorry that was more of a general comment even if it tied in with a reply to you. 
By now we all know she presents all her tour videos in a very specific way so I really don’t understand the meltdowns. Again, not necessarily you.
We haven’t seen the raw footage so we don’t know what was filmed, how it looks etc.
Most of her shows, including the older ones, are pieced together from 3+ different dates. Rebel Heart had footage from so many different dates and some of the footage still looks bad. 
I’m sure she wouldn’t do a a reshoot unless it was absolutely necessary.

And I’m pretty sure that we’re gonna get the full concert. So far nothing suggests otherwise. The trailer only shows scenes from the performances and neither Madonna or Paramount presented it as a documentary. 
There’s probably a short behind the scenes film like The World Of Madame X that’s being released as an extra. 
Also I know this is a sensitive subject for some that didn’t attend the show, but I honestly think the show could use a bit of editing down. She obviously had a hard time keeping up with the show and there are a lot of “breaks”. Some moments can be edited down a lot. Like the acapella section where she sings several snippets of her hits, the Polaroid auction, the beer break etc. 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Was this confirmed?

I mean not officially. I remember someone who was involved in the tour film mentioned it though years ago. It was said there were negotiations to get the rights to use LDLHA and Can’t Get You Out… from Kylie but they fell through.

Also it makes sense. Why would she include it in the permanent set list and have it edited out of the video?

I like the album and the era, even if it wasn't perfect. I didn't attend the concert, but for me the trailer is more of the same thing of the past 10 years: detectives (Beautiful Killer, 2012 Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses etc), gas masks (Impressive Instant, Best Friend MDNA), Like a Prayer is a recycled thing from Met Gala 2018 and Eurovision... the heavy editing and filters etc...
I mean, she was the queen of the reinventions, or at least always taking a new trend or risk... 

4 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I like the album and the era, even if it wasn't perfect. I didn't attend the concert, but for me the trailer is more of the same thing of the past 10 years: detectives (Beautiful Killer, 2012 Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses etc), gas masks (Impressive Instant, Best Friend MDNA), Like a Prayer is a recycled thing from Met Gala 2018 and Eurovision... the heavy editing and filters etc...
I mean, she was the queen of the reinventions, or at least always taking a new trend or risk... 

The concert reflects the "personas" of Madame X thou: Spy, Teacher, Dancer, prisoner, whore, militar

10 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I mean not officially. I remember someone who was involved in the tour film mentioned it though years ago. It was said there were negotiations to get the rights to use LDLHA and Can’t Get You Out… from Kylie but they fell through.

Also it makes sense. Why would she include it in the permanent set list and have it edited out of the video?

I find it hard to believe she was denied the right to use it. It’s more likely that she didn’t want to pay. Either way, we do not know the reason so we shouldn’t make assumptions based on fan created rumours imo.

I hope that the fans that didn’t ge to see the show live enjoy the finished product. I think the heavy editing will actually be a benefit.  I saw it 4x and it was brilliant and beautiful, and also over-long and *gasp* boring at times, too. 
seeing Drowned World live was unlike any video could capture, but Madame X, IMO needed some polish and glitz. And I hope that all the fans that didn’t see it live get to see a truly entertaining and brilliantly executed “show”. 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, thegoldencalf said:

That’s not true, though. You do get the rights to these songs if you want to. You get the right to every song as long as you don’t alter the composition. She would have been allowed to cover Gimme Gimme Gimme and also perform it on stage an release the live version but she had to ask for the sample as Hung Up was a different song and the composition of the original was altered. 
Legally, it doesn’t make a difference whether she plays a holiday or LDLHA – both songs were not written by her. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:52 PM, RebelHeartbreak said:

I hope that the fans that didn’t ge to see the show live enjoy the finished product. I think the heavy editing will actually be a benefit.  I saw it 4x and it was brilliant and beautiful, and also over-long and *gasp* boring at times, too. 
seeing Drowned World live was unlike any video could capture, but Madame X, IMO needed some polish and glitz. And I hope that all the fans that didn’t see it live get to see a truly entertaining and brilliantly executed “show”. 

How dare you say that? It MUST be painfully slow and boring otherwise the fans will be upset haha.

I’m jealous. I couldn’t go to Drowned World and I deeply regretted it for the past 20 years. To me that looks like her worst tour video.  

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

How dare you say that? It MUST be painfully slow and boring otherwise the fans will be upset haha.

I’m jealous. I couldn’t go to Drowned World and I deeply regretted it for the past 20 years. To me that looks like her worst tour video.  

Hahaha. If only there was fast forward option for the Polaroid auction. Lol. 

I honestly hoped that MXT would’ve been a live broadcast on HBO, the theatre aspect and being “in the moment” nature of the show seemed very much like the right way to go, but the problems plaguing the production, as well as the injuries, made that impossible. Oh well. Maybe next time. 

DWT was the last live broadcast she’s done aside from promo gigs, and I agree it’s not a good tour video. There were SO many elements that were missed opportunities, specifically Sky Fits Heaven. It was truly amazing to see her flying around the stage. But at least there’s an acceptable document of the tour.