Do you still keep your Madonna physical media on visible display?

Kieran

I have been considering taking my Madonna CDs/DVDs/BluRays from visible display in my study. The initial reason was because the 'easiest' place to have the shelf is infront of the window and over the past couple of years the colour has been bleached out of some of the spines by the direct sunlight. Then I got to thinking - rather than trying to move them, should I just pack them away?

This is a very individual choice, but I was wondering how many of you guys have opted to 'put away' your physical collections. I only have the albums, official DVDs and some bootleg DVDs. And they're only stored on a standard IKEA shelf alongside some movies and other CDs... but historically, I've always taken a bit of pride in the visual element of having them on display. But I hardly ever reach for a physical item these days - unless it's one of the official tour DVD/BluRays... 

Race Drag GIF

I have stuff scattered all over my house - I have a great blond ambition laserdisc pioneer poster in the lounge - I’ll try and send a pic 

I keep all my CDs upstairs in a book shelf though as I’m paranoid about them discolouration if I have on display shelf 

I thought about displaying my sheet music as I love the artwork especially on the 80s ones like Santa baby , oh father , dear Jessie , the look of love any other herb ritts ones ?

Yes!!!

I have a long hallway in my apartment and it’s covered in over 40 framed record sleeves and posters.

And various other records and posters are scattered through the rest of my place.

Whenever I have people over they love looking at the stuff and commenting on it.

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I have stuff scattered all over my house - I have a great blond ambition laserdisc pioneer poster in the lounge - I’ll try and send a pic 

I keep all my CDs upstairs in a book shelf though as I’m paranoid about them discolouration if I have on display shelf 

I thought about displaying my sheet music as I love the artwork especially on the 80s ones like Santa baby , oh father , dear Jessie , the look of love any other herb ritts ones ?

What’s the Santa baby sheet music cover look like?

All my Blu-rays, DVDs, books and CDs are in a cabinet with DOORS. I would never store such stuff long-term in an open cabinet that all the kitchen fumes, sunlight, dust and moisture could get in more easily. Not like anyone who might ever visit would be interested in looking at that stuff.

Edited by Warm Gun (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought it weird and never understood the point of all that. I mean I had posters up and my collection in my bedroom in my teens and early 20s but as an adult I find it odd. I threw out much of my collection. And only kept CDs and DVDs and a couple of books but they are all packed away in boxes in the basement.

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 12:05 AM, Kieran said:

I have been considering taking my Madonna CDs/DVDs/BluRays from visible display in my study. The initial reason was because the 'easiest' place to have the shelf is infront of the window and over the past couple of years the colour has been bleached out of some of the spines by the direct sunlight. Then I got to thinking - rather than trying to move them, should I just pack them away?

This is a very individual choice, but I was wondering how many of you guys have opted to 'put away' your physical collections. I only have the albums, official DVDs and some bootleg DVDs. And they're only stored on a standard IKEA shelf alongside some movies and other CDs... but historically, I've always taken a bit of pride in the visual element of having them on display. But I hardly ever reach for a physical item these days - unless it's one of the official tour DVD/BluRays... 

Race Drag GIF

I never placed my stuff on display for two reasons:
1. Sunlight and air exposure ruining the items (eventually exposure to sunlight and air will age all items) 
2. Not enough space for them all
I'm glad I have all my stuff packed away in air tight containers or in storage because even her first few records look like the've just come off the press. I guess it's all about personal preference.

6 hours ago, Tex20 said:

I never placed my stuff on display for two reasons:
1. Sunlight and air exposure ruining the items (eventually exposure to sunlight and air will age all items) 
2. Not enough space for them all
I'm glad I have all my stuff packed away in air tight containers or in storage because even her first few records look like the've just come off the press. I guess it's all about personal preference.

I have had things on display for decades and they still look pristine.  Who knows?