Do you still keep your Madonna physical media on visible display?

Kieran

I started collecting in 1987 and it's just stayed in the same room at my family's house. Takes up the room and the best part is in 35 yesrs nothing has been lost of damaged. I moved out of home in 1994 so I don't live with my collection, the room is in darkness 95% of the time, usually visit it once a week. Is one of the most extensive collections in Australia :)

meh.PNG.7235cd5191d5e22383fbd3c54117cb86.PNG

On 11/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, GregVsMatt said:

I started collecting in 1987 and it's just stayed in the same room at my family's house. Takes up the room and the best part is in 35 yesrs nothing has been lost of damaged. I moved out of home in 1994 so I don't live with my collection, the room is in darkness 95% of the time, usually visit it once a week. Is one of the most extensive collections in Australia :)

meh.PNG.7235cd5191d5e22383fbd3c54117cb86.PNG

Omg! Amazing. That girlie show poster is everything 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Omg! Amazing. That girlie show poster is everything 

Ah yes that one is blockmounted and came from the boardroom of the ticketing company originally - have rolled versions in both sizes from Warner and also 4 of the CD shipper stands. I'm obsessed with the Erotica / Girlie Show era so have a lot of stuff from that time 

012.PNG

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Ah yes that one is blockmounted and came from the boardroom of the ticketing company originally - have rolled versions in both sizes from Warner and also 4 of the CD shipper stands. I'm obsessed with the Erotica / Girlie Show era so have a lot of stuff from that time 

012.PNG

Same! Erotica and Girlie Show memorabilia is the best!

On 11/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Nick said:

My collection is a complete mess, I'm running out of space. Does anybody know of any decent looking shelving units that are a good size for CDs? @bertrand, it looks like those shelves are the perfect height for CDs.

The shorter shelf on the left was purchased from Wal-Mart. I tried to find more of the same, but couldn't. The taller ones are GNEDBY from Ikea, now discontinued but there's plenty of used going around on Facebook marketplace.

Just watch out for this - a lot of people discarded 1/3 of the shelves/pins to make it a DVD shelf instead.

I only have all 14 Studio albums, and the first 3 live CD+DVD albums, plus 12 of the 14 albums on LP. I keep them on the living room with the rest of my music collection because the record player is right there. sunlight never ever gets to that point so i don't have to worry. I do want to frame an official Rebel Heart Tour poster I got and place it in a room i'm turning into an office.

I used to be a small-time collector but I out-grew it when I started to put less value on objects and more on the content itself, and generally live a little ‘lighter’. At times, I do slightly judge those with massive collections and multiple copies of the same album, as I have to wonder if they ever stop to question the excessiveness and mild absurdity of it, but to each his own.