Edit to Edit

EgoRod

10 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I'm waiting for someone to jump in and say it was mixed for The Immaculate Collection with the cougar noises and put on only their edition of the Holiday Collection cassette :lol:

I don’t get it. Weren’t the cougar noises a thing on The Look Of Love video?

Now they’re spilling over on WTG too?!?!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I'm waiting for someone to jump in and say it was mixed for The Immaculate Collection with the cougar noises and put on only their edition of the Holiday Collection cassette :lol:

Or the weird bells /piano of the supposedly Shep remixes

35 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I think this is one of the biggest mysteries in Madonnaland 

Read X Files GIF by The X-Files

I generally prefer the original full-length album version of a track, the only exception being the album edit of "Fever" which just works that little bit better by removing one part towards the end. It's just always stood out as a good edit where I'm not thinking about the part they've edited out, which is what I usually do with other radio edits. For that reason, I'm not really a fan of GHV2... the radio edit of "Ray Of Light" was never played on UK radio so it baffled me why it was included on GHV2.

I was thinking about the 'single version' of This Used To Be My Playground the other day after listening to a Madonna podcast where they said the song was too long and repetitive. I always thought it interesting the single version is over 5 minutes long, could they not have edited even more?

On 7/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, Aiwa08 said:

I love Live To Tell with passion, but I still prefer the single version when I play the song without play the rest of True Blue.

It reminds me of nostalgia as well. This short version of LIVE TO TELL bore me for a long time because when I was a teenager, I could never record the beginning of this title. This short version is engraved in my memory with this beginning where we don't hear the first measures of the song.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:17 PM, EgoRod said:

Edits supposed to be a shorter, censored version

Edits have nothing to do with censorship. Why does everybody keep on claiming all the time that there’s censorship in Western countries? This is not Iran. If you censor something, then the original is not available. If a radio station doesn’t play the word “fuck” you can still listen to the full version of CD or Spotify. 

1 hour ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

Edits have nothing to do with censorship. Why does everybody keep on claiming all the time that there’s censorship in Western countries? This is not Iran. If you censor something, then the original is not available. If a radio station doesn’t play the word “fuck” you can still listen to the full version of CD or Spotify. 

700991144_Screenshot2021-07-23at10_48_21.png.ce4072fc74b7f9ff28056243e4ad5f26.png

21 hours ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

A censored version is one edit to be acceptable in the society that it's been play/shown/ under whatever rules or whoever determined that.

In the US and UK swearing is blipped or dubbed in movies, music and alike. Think whatever you want to adorn that, but the proper term is censored version of the original.

Prohibiting, banning and other actions taken against it is a different world.

14 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

I generally prefer the original full-length album version of a track, the only exception being the album edit of "Fever" which just works that little bit better by removing one part towards the end. It's just always stood out as a good edit where I'm not thinking about the part they've edited out, which is what I usually do with other radio edits. For that reason, I'm not really a fan of GHV2... the radio edit of "Ray Of Light" was never played on UK radio so it baffled me why it was included on GHV2.

I was thinking about the 'single version' of This Used To Be My Playground the other day after listening to a Madonna podcast where they said the song was too long and repetitive. I always thought it interesting the single version is over 5 minutes long, could they not have edited even more?

Yeah, I'm totally with you. GHV2 never care for this reason

2 hours ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

I agree, for me edits are not cencored versions.. but sortned versions...but might really depend on where you live.. At my local radio we can play whatever we want... but that is mostly because we are a small non-comercial radio station... the larger radiostations have playlists... and that is of course also a kind of censorship..

7 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

I agree, for me edits are not cencored versions.. but sortned versions...but might really depend on where you live.. At my local radio we can play whatever we want... but that is mostly because we are a small non-comercial radio station... the larger radiostations have playlists... and that is of course also a kind of censorship..

There are clean and dirty versions on songs that use profanity or swearing. Human Nature's 'Bitch' for example.

Places like Target will sell records with clean versions. So there are not shorter versions, they are versions that removed original content that is considered offensive or not social acceptable. The term for that is censoring.

6 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

There are clean and dirty versions on songs that use profanity or swearing. Human Nature's 'Bitch' for example.

Places like Target will sell records with clean versions. So there are not shorter versions, they are versions that removed original content that is considered offensive or not social acceptable. The term for that is censoring.

I know that... but that is also very much connected to where you live... The US have censored records like that for decades... eg with George Michael's "I want your sex"... but not every country does it or have done it like the US... That is not how I understand an edit... but again that is very much connected with where I live...

19 hours ago, HampusFL said:

I know that... but that is also very much connected to where you live... The US have censored records like that for decades... eg with George Michael's "I want your sex"... but not every country does it or have done it like the US... That is not how I understand an edit... but again that is very much connected with where I live...

Agree, that was one of the reasons I mentioned that some radio edits were produced with this purpose. No ALL of the radio edits but these type of radio edits (clean edits)

It was brought to my attention that these type of edits have nothing to do with censorship in the western world. So I said that there are countries like US/UK that have broadcasting and media regulations that censor certain content. (blasphemy, swearing etc)

14 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Agree, that was one of the reasons I mentioned that some radio edits were produced with this purpose. No ALL of the radio edits but these type of radio edits (clean edits)

It was brought to my attention that these type of edits have nothing to do with censorship in the western world. So I said that they are countries like US/UK that have broadcasting and media regulations that censor certain content. (blasphemy, swearing etc)

I understand that... and I am pretty sure that some western countries are censoring records... just giving my input on how I understand an edit... beased on my experiences where I live... and when I said to ShantiAshtangi that I agree... it was about my experience with edits where I live... not about ceonsorship in the western countires... as consorship does happen everywhere... and as said playlists is an exptemely good way of doing cnesorship and sorting records with the wrong words, the wrong message etc out... and lots of that happening everywhere all the time.

18 hours ago, Material Girl said:

It was edited for this compilation

0i95VbK.jpg

4:43 version :Madonna005:

Since we are aible to make our own edit version, do you play with this ? Do you create your own edit for some songs ?

I always found it strange that the album version is shorter than the single version.

19 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

For that reason, I'm not really a fan of GHV2... the radio edit of "Ray Of Light" was never played on UK radio so it baffled me why it was included on GHV2.

I think in general most greatest hits compilations will have radio edits / versions as that's the version that most people are familiar with if they are just a casual fan. I only heard the radio edit on the radio... well the radio edit and the Calderone edit.

19 hours ago, Material Girl said:

It was edited for this compilation

0i95VbK.jpg

4:43 version :Madonna005:

Since we are aible to make our own edit version, do you play with this ? Do you create your own edit for some songs ?

Yeah, I know of this edit but always wondered why it wasn't used as the radio edit or released on the single?

3 hours ago, Material Girl said:

NQpWrTx.jpg

I always wondered if I was the only one to think that the edit version of DEEPER AND DEEPER is slightly different from its album version.

Do you also hear sounds or effects, I don’t know how to name them, that don't appear or that are more emphasized than on the original version?

:Madonna056:

Yes, there's a new sound (or more emphasized) in the single version (also present in the Shep's Classic 12" and in the 7'' Instrumental). It's really subtle, but it's there (and in my opinion enhances the song in the same way that the "claps" enhaced "Open Your Heart" in the Remix). It's more a Single Mix than a pure edit from the album version.