If Madonna quit today!

Sultrysully

If Madonna quit today, oh what a ride it has been.  From Madonna through Madame X....  From Everybody through I Don't Search I Find.... From the Virgin Tour through The Madame X Tour...  The incarnations... The reinventions... The risks... The high art...  The messages... And especially, the music.

No other singer has offered this much in under 40 years.  Yeah, she is eccentric.... yeah, she is incorrigible.... yeah, she is maddening at times but Madonna is truly special.  She is a rebel heart... she is a revolutionary... she is a creamy pop and rock goddess... she is Iconic and she is in a league of her own.  

I cannot imagine pop music in 2021 without her as the ultimate archetype.   The music and presentation that we enjoy today from most other artists is in part a tribute to the Queen Mother herself.   Her early prayers breathed life into a hollowed industry and a narrowing world.

She took a lot of risks and put her personal life on hold just to love on some of us that were receiving very little love.  She offered us pride and took so many punches for those of us who could take no more.  She has been fighting the Killers Who are Partying since her beginning and seems to never tire.  Madonna has been the most resilient light in a world that is often covered in darkness.  She expressed herself when we could not.

If Madonna quit today... My heart would break a little but I would relish in all that she has given us.  For me, she would move forward, even if she disappeared entirely.  Truly, she is part of me.  She is part of us.  She carries so many of our beautiful scars.  Her ultimate message is that we will never be alone on her watch and I love her for that devotion and sacrifice.   

The Beast Within me actually thanks the Powers that Be every day for the privilege that this journey has been.  If Madonna quit today, I would find myself a little lost but I would always have a part of her inside of me.  That is her gift to me, to you and to us.  Madonna will always make the people come together.  That has been her mantra since day one and she has never strayed from that promise.

If Madonna were to quit today, we would still be blessed beyond measure.   That is what I want people to think about.  The accolades will die but her contribution will never dissolve.  Long live the Queen.  

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

shes a shell of the artist i used to love and admire - i really think its time to hang up her cape. that boom boom performance pretty much scuppered any respect i had for her :(((

i think Madame X dvd will be the last project i will take any interest in

Wow.  That is quite an assessment from a mere spectator.

18 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

shes a shell of the artist i used to love and admire - i really think its time to hang up her cape. that boom boom performance pretty much scuppered any respect i had for her :(((

i think Madame X dvd will be the last project i will take any interest in

Please DO TELL what she could have done to keep your respect when she decided to leave her home and show up to a Pride Event? Was she supposed to have a full on promo tour performance with a live band and dancers and choreography when she ISN'T PROMOTING ANYTHING? What exactly is the problem?! Is taking over every single screen in Time Square/The Standard Hotels with a custom video for Pride while simultaneously performing on a bartop in a small club and then vogueing the night away with happy people not enough for you? Maybe the video should have been professionally edited by Jonas Ackerlund? For free? or should Madonna have just paid for it out of her pocket because she can afford it. Because YOU require more. Was it because she sang over her own vocal?? Because her tits were out? Because she didn't have her own TV special?? Because she sold Polaroids for charity which you can't afford? What exactly do YOU require from Madonna showing up to a Pride Event to look like so she can keep your respect. Please. Enlighten us. 

There would still be tons of material to collect. Things would be regurgitated as the music companies always do. Plus she would most likely still use instagram. We can't complain much, alot of us have thousands and thousands of dollars invested into our collections. I am running out of room in my house for it truthfully, yet I keep buying Madonna items.  If she did retire, she has had a good run, longer than most,

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

If she quit today…. And didn’t release the tour version of Future, WARS WOULD BE WAGED!!!!

Climate change would ravage this planet in mere days and the heavens would bellow “Not everyone is coming to the Future” as we all perish :drama:

It would be the first posthumous release, just so you could buy a thousand copies with direct profits going to the estate. World peace would descend onto earth. 

1 minute ago, ScottyX said:

There would still be tons of material to collect. Things would be regurgitated as the music companies always do. Plus she would most likely still use instagram. We can't complain much, alot of us have thousands and thousands of dollars invested into our collections. I am running out of room in my house for it truthfully, yet I keep buying Madonna items.  If she did retire, she has had a good run, longer than most,

This. Like, who even knew that we'd hear that recent Goodbye to Innocence (which is AMAZING, by the way) one day? I'm sure there's hundreds of demos, snippets, scrapped album tracks, etc. for them to release for years. They could bring on Stuart Price to create a studio album of reinvented greatest hits. They could release all the tours on Blu Ray. They could release alternative professionally recorded shows on video / audio. They could have exhibitions about her career like they did for David Bowie. 

Believe me, there will be many, many Madonna releases long after she is no longer around.

Just now, Shoful said:

Me dancing to Future has the Earth caves in on itself:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864f488dbfbafeea2d48

Didn't you see in the DVD thread? They're dubbing the whole release with studio tracks, obviously, so she'll be lip syncing to the Quavo verse and playing piano to the 2019 album track. Trump will probably announce he's running in 2024 the same day the Madame X Tour comes out on Paramount and we're desperately looking for "enhanced" versions of the bootleg audio. The IMPACT.

16 minutes ago, PatrickSamuel said:

Work backwards, for you it only gets better. ?

i already know all her music at this point

at least enough to know how i'd rank her discography. idk any of her live albums or videos (i know her music videos) etc

Edited by Chris Morlock (see edit history)

7 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Believe me, there will be many, many Madonna releases long after she is no longer around.

I do hope the estate does release stuff but doesn't overdo it for the sake of a payday like Whitney's estate does. The releases need to be tasteful and something that only adds to her legacy. So any and all things Candy Shop that are locked away in the vault can stay locked.

2 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

I do hope the estate does release stuff but doesn't overdo it for the sake of a payday like Whitney's estate does. The releases need to be tasteful and something that only adds to her legacy. So any and all things Candy Shop that are locked away in the vault can stay locked.

You mean you don't want to hear the scrapped fado version of Candy Shop from the Madame X Tour?

15 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Please DO TELL what she could have done to keep your respect when she decided to leave her home and show up to a Pride Event? Was she supposed to have a full on promo tour performance with a live band and dancers and choreography when she ISN'T PROMOTING ANYTHING?

You mean, like she did with Live 8 or Live Earth? Or that Haiti performance? Or singing Imagine in 2005?

19 hours ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

You mean, like she did with Live 8 or Live Earth? Or that Haiti performance? Or singing Imagine in 2005?

I mean I'm pretty sure she had everyone on retainer because those took place a few months to a year after Re-Invention, Confessions and the 2009 S&S leg respectfully. Plus she still had a larger team, machine and label behind her. Also those are major events for serious causes so of course she was going to go all out with a band and dancers (when needed). 

Like leave the woman allow! She didn't have to show up at all at the Boom Boom. She had nothing to promote, it wasn't a high profile appearance. Also do you really think she would pay for a full band and dancers for a two song set at a bar or do you really think people would've wanted to hear her do songs on an acoustic guitar when they could be dancing?