Should Madonna Have Left Stage in Disco Ball?

eXtremeOccident

For the Confessions Tour, always thought that would have been the perfect way to end the tour.....with the disco ball coming back down at the end as she finished up the audience sing a long and got in it during the Time Goes By So Slowly outro....and then it would have gone back up as the Have You Confessed? script came across the screen. Surprised she didn't think of something like that.

Would that have been an epic ending to this flawless show?

7 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

So for a long time i believed she was actually up in the air inside that ball

That's why it would have been great! Would have added to the magic if she went back up to the ceiling and then they started taking apart the stage once the lights went up haha. 

No no no no no I'm sorry but the opening to Confessions Tour is P.E.R.F.E.C.T! Literally! Anyone who watches the show & doesn't think that the way she comes to the stage is not the best tour entrance EVER is just crazy to me. How is riding in a buggy any better than what we got? The disco ball didn't feel or look out of place in the "equestrian" section at all the whole damn show is supposed to have a disco theme running thru it not just at the end section. Some people are just too nit picky at things. Is "Future Lovers" not a disco inspired track?!? I mean come on it was mixed with one of the most popular disco tunes there was "I Feel Love" for God's sake! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course but NOTHING I am afraid will ever top that tour opener for me! NOTHING! Period. Also I think the ending was just great too I don't think she should've gotten back into the disco ball I mean it wouldn't have been a bad idea but things were just fine the way it was! I think the balloons dropping at the end is the highlight there. This show was superb all around & still one of my top fave tours of hers EVER! 

35 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

No no no no no I'm sorry but the opening to Confessions Tour is P.E.R.F.E.C.T! Literally! Anyone who watches the show & doesn't think that the way she comes to the stage is not the best tour entrance EVER is just crazy to me. How is riding in a buggy any better than what we got? The disco ball didn't feel or look out of place in the "equestrian" section at all the whole damn show is supposed to have a disco theme running thru it not just at the end section. Some people are just too nit picky at things. Is "Future Lovers" not a disco inspired track?!? I mean come on it was mixed with one of the most popular disco tunes there was "I Feel Love" for God's sake! Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course but NOTHING I am afraid will ever top that tour opener for me! NOTHING! Period. Also I think the ending was just great too I don't think she should've gotten back into the disco ball I mean it wouldn't have been a bad idea but things were just fine the way it was! I think the balloons dropping at the end is the highlight there. This show was superb all around & still one of my top fave tours of hers EVER! 

Totally agreed that the opening was perfect -- Didn't mean to start a debate about that here! :smuglaugh: 

That said....it's not her best entrance ever....sorry, but that's MDNA. Come @ me. 

39 minutes ago, Brandon Clark said:

It’s tacky as hell.

Everyone who thinks otherwise is crazy to me ??

3 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

So for a long time i believed she was actually up in the air inside that ball

OMG! Don't tell me she wasn't!?! I always thought her live shows were something I had near-encycolpedic knowledge about. I didn't know that she wasn't inside the disco ball. I would love to know more, would you please elaborate?

11 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

OMG! Don't tell me she wasn't!?! I always thought her live shows were something I had near-encycolpedic knowledge about. I didn't know that she wasn't inside the disco ball. I would love to know more, would you please elaborate?

when the disco ball came down to the stage she would get into it by the elevator at the b stage, which was placed right under the disco ball. i think thats it! i was also shocked when i found out lmao

11 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

For the Confessions Tour, always thought that would have been the perfect way to end the tour.....with the disco ball coming back down at the end as she finished up the audience sing a long and got in it during the Time Goes By So Slowly outro....and then it would have gone back up as the Have You Confessed? script came across the screen. Surprised she didn't think of something like that.

Would that have been an epic ending to this flawless show?

That would have been absolutely epic, but as we all know, Madonna likes to get the fuk outta the venue as quickly as humanly possible.  I think that is why she pretty much stopped giving us encores (but, for the minor ones in DWT and RHT).  

On 7/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Dj Garrido said:

No. Nobody could see her. She enters after the ball touch the stage. From the same "hole" that she goes away in the end of Jump. 

Untrue, there's a very brief rehearsal clip somewhere that leaked in the last few years. She's climbing up through the portal if I recall. Like, she hoisted herself up into it. Someone else is gonna need to find it. I've spent 15 mins looking to no avail.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:42 AM, Dj Garrido said:

I have polemic opinions about the Confessions Tour :speakno:

Oh come on, now you gotta spill :eyes:

7 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Wait, I found it! 1:42. Though I believe there was one other clip I saw somewhere. I may be making that up.

As an aside, lol at her saying it's all about the music...that's always what comes first....Kevin Atunes didn't get that message, I guess :eyes:

Well done for finding that !!!  

On 7/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, MCL_1993 said:

I  stood at the London show for so long before it began... and looking  up  i could see the disco ball suspended  way above but no way to get to it unless you climbed out on the metal poles which were the length of that runway stage and unless you're a scaffolder, gymnast or protester you're not gonna be doing that ! And i can't imagine Madonna sitting in the ball for 6 hours before the show even starts haha

16 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Untrue, there's a very brief rehearsal clip somewhere that leaked in the last few years. She's climbing up through the portal if I recall. Like, she hoisted herself up into it. Someone else is gonna need to find it. I've spent 15 mins looking to no avail.

Ok. There is a backstage video. But what I said is true: no one in the audicence could see this